Saturday, May 20, 2017

Trip - China - Day 1 - Flying to Shanghai 上海

Hi Blog,

Did my last minute packing up, I feel last minute packing up works for me because in my mind, I had already set my stuff aside so once there is a need to pack, I can just grab and go.

430am in the morning was a challenge (sleepy brain), but I still made it. Thanks Alvmax and Trevor for their early send-off messages. Will see you sooner.
Thank you my brother for waking up to fetch us to airport :)
Quite excited to fly and let's have a family pic together.
Terminal 3 looks nice with lesser crowd
Selfie-Day will start too
It seemed like we are rather early to check in; short queue.
Ready to enter the custom!
In the airport, spotted a few interesting sculptures! So... selfie time! why be shy over it? Let's spam pictures!

Thanks my mother for this picture: when Captain Nerd Met Iron Man
Found a beautiful Shark statue which looks like a goldfish.
I am so going to fly today
I noticed there are pupils from other schools, they were also going to Shanghai too. First time taking Singapore Airlines, and ready to fly!

Feeling excited :3
First time taking SQ
Nice and spacious plane for Business class
So thanks goodness on Singapore Airlines plane has screen on the seat and have enough leg space 💺, It was great to watch movies to kill off some time :)
Check out the beautiful soft fluffy clouds :3
Oh?! My breakfast was served early! They came with standard bread, long beans, sweet potatoes 🍠 and mushrooms. I am not picky, if there is food.
Based on the information, we will be reaching Shanghai 12:55pm - around 5 hours flight.
My First time bringing my mother for an oversea trip
For sitting near the window seat, was inconvenient for passenger, an Ang Mo who sat beside me, as he has to get up to allow me or my mother for toilet break. Feeling bad for disturbed his nap on the plane, I must thank him for being an angel 😇 and patience with us.
After nearly five hours of being Peter Pan, we reached Pu Dong!
Pu Dong Airport - Safe and sound
Sushi-rolled luggage for our luggages
There was a hiccup at the luggage collection counter, I can't find my luggage as it sushi-rolled for like more than seven times. My mother started to turn "Loud" and anxiously impatient, thinking someone might have taken my luggage, but I was calm and decided to wait until all luggages were out patiently. Oh well... my mother started to press me for making moves. Oh well then my luggage showed itself!

Thanks ZQ and his family to pick us back to his home, which is located at An Hui 安徽省.
Busy road like Singapore
We were kind of lost our way in a big airport
FINALLY found the car and ready to go!
See you Airport 10 days later
Xu Pu Bridge 徐浦大橋
Due to long ride journey, the driver had to go for toilet break and we can have a short tea break.
I found an interesting signal in the men toilet which said "Step forward is a great step to being Civilized." 
ZQ's father was eager to treat us, and I got two tea eggs and a corn 🌽- eggs were good but the corn seemed a bit dry (because they dried the corns before cooking)... not good though.
On the road for nearly two hours like around 630pm, the sun was still hanging high up in the sky. 
WAH! some motorist trying to act cool, riding without a helmet!
7pm we had reached ZQ's residential place!
Here is ZQ's residential area, I noticed they have installed a iron window like a prison, initially I thought is to prevent people from commit suicide but it is meant to prevent robbery from breaking in. Hmmm okay...
Nice simple place
During dinner time isn't suitable for my diet though, ZQ and family didn't know that I am a strict vegetarian (I won't take onion and garlic, or cooked or shared wok with meaty stuff) but I am okay :)
so we visited their nearby mall for instant noodles 🍝 and their mall looked like Malaysia decent mall.
A non-aircon econ-mark
LOOK! CHINA LAYs with different tastes
This is ZQ's new house which he bought after working years in Singapore, quite nice!
The econ-Mart saved my tummy with a veg-instant noodle. Yummy!
Tomorrow we planned to visit nearby Tian Mu Hu 天目湖, it will be awesome; but the down side was I can't get used to, is the limitation of internet access like Facebook, Instagram, any Google related; even using Chrome,  Safari, Blogger and Map?! Apps like Line, my favorite game - Crusaders Quest also cannot be used except whatapps. Oh well... suck thumb.

You may continue with this link to read Day 2 to Tian Mu Hu

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog