Monday, April 17, 2017

Personal - My Trunks Collection

Hi Blog,

It has been awhile since I want to do this. I took out all my trunks from my cabinet, I realised one thing....

OMG! I HAVE 23 of them! Exclude those which I used to have in the past.
I can't believe this that I bought so many of them. I took awhile to reflect myself... I know why I bought so many of them.

You can check why I pick white as my main pick of trunk, check the link here,
Here are the three main reasons why I have so many of them.

1) Get Replacement

In the past like 1996, I owned a pair of white trunk because I found black/dark trunk is just too mainstream, and I love white a lot; but they tend to turn loose and yellowish. And it is difficult to get white colour trunk from sport stores.

White trunk tends to turn yellowish or trunk will lose its grip after frequent wash.
So I tends to keep a few spare if my white turned loose/yellowish. Then I found Bods has selection of white trunks!

==============================================
2) Treating Them Like Undies

I love white and to be honest, trunk does look like undies, so what is the difference when others commented my white trunk is like an undies and awful taste... I will say, I am evolved my perception of a trunk.
As I can recall when I was young, I bumped to a movie acted by my idol, Leon Li acted in a Chinese movie 甜蜜蜜 1996; it was a very well scripted and classic movie, worth a watch.

In the movie, my idol wore swimming trunk as his undies, which inspired me greatly. (He also inspired me the way how polite he acted in the movie)

In the movie 36:44, she asked him, "你为什么把泳裤当内裤穿?" (why do you wear trunk as your undies?")
I found it convenient to have trunk as undies, if you want to swim, just undress and dive in! But because my figure wasn't great so I didn't do it often. Anyway back to topic, I love my undies to be white too, until I bumped to my favourite singer, Andy Hui's picture in a magazine. He was wearing white trunk, his Super Star aura filled up the picture!

Awesome!
Just like my first reason, I bumped to Bods shops and bought a few of them, as they are the only store which sells white trunk. Too bad, not many Singaporeans will purchase white trunk... That affects their selection or store too.... Seeing many Bods shops closed down... I have to find alternatives... which is online.

===============================================
3) Comfort

I just love them
Buying them again and again because... I love Bods white trunk but they are quite limited by choice. Personally I don't quite like the inseam infront of the trunk and comfort is what I am seeking for, hence the risk of online purchase of trunks aka lack of physical touch/trying out, I will only know how it will feel after wearing it.

This MARCUSE is my favourite brand due to no inseam, low rise and fit me comfortably.
So usually I bought Marcuse trunk whenever it got discount, anyway I had stopped purchasing due to I have enough of them and stick to my current ones.

OKAY! let me show you my collection below! I will arrange it by brands and (If you are disgusted by my awful body) please don't click on the !!! as I was modeling in it.

Bods
My first black Bods trunk - due to age, the band is loose.
If not, it will be a great trunk to have for those uncomfortable swimming with me!
This black Bods is a second season and ending is the same, the band area got loose due to age!
White Trunk from Bods with interesting colour at the side! but it is a bit too slim for a fat figure like me.
My Favourite White Bods trunk - I am still keeping this and treasure it!
Grey Bods trunk which is a balanced choice between mainsteam and my favourite white!

Boxer white Bods with extra colour neatly blend in!
My Latest White Bods boxer style - I will keep it as undies!
Aussie Bum
I bought a few AussieBum before but they aren't suitable to be wear to swimming pool as they got TOO much exposure when they are wet, so I didn't keep them except this few which have good coverage!
Black Aussiebum because I can't get the white one for this style....
It looks like standard speedo style which doesn't suit me!
Love the whiteness of this AussieBum boxer trunk but... the inseam... no no!
TYR (Jammer Style)

Due to great discount and wanted to try different style, So I bought two jammers and I regret how it looks on me... Sorry jammers that I can't compliment you well... I am sorry!
Geronimo
I always remembered my first Geronimo trunk with a blue striped which I bought, was my favourite!

My favourite comfortable trunk
I love how this trunk fitted me nicely.
But due to it lost the grip in fabric, I learned I should not wash my trunk in washing machine, so I bought a spare one below, because my favourite trunk got out of stock. Anyway.... back to topic.

If you still remember my third reasons - comfort which I don't quite like inseam line on the trunk?
I bought this Geronimo brand as spare - white and no inseam but it turns out... high rise which I don't like!
N2N
N2N has some of the interesting and daring trunk, as for this, I bought it because it is grey and feel special in fabric! but I don't like the inseam...
Toot
One of my funky trunks that I have ever bought because it looks great and colourful, and the material is a bit too thin. hmmm... To be honest, those sentence isn't fair for this trunk... I will say I am not dare to wear like that, as  my body doesn't compliment it well enough!
2eros

I love this 2eros colour a lot but something got into the way... the front pouch seems a bit off for me... Because I used to put my brother at 12 and not well endowed enough (!!!) and I tried to put down! but uncomfortable...
C-IN2
C-IN2 is one of favourite brand for undies due to their cutting and they came out a series of trunks under their brand, beside all the standard speedo design trunks, this trunk has different awesome design and it doesn't have the inseam, and great sale; I purchase one of it and have average feeling toward it!
Speedo
(NEW updated on 21 Jan 2018My first speedo brand and rare to have it in white. :) Nice color!
ARENA

I have been looking for Arena white trunk, as I read people have been saying it online that it has great fabric; and due to limited stock, one of my friends gave me his, I appreciated that. It feels unique and comfortable wearing it!
(NEW updated on 21 Jan 2018) Got me another trunk with blue strips. That will break the idea of me wearing undies to swimming pool!
Marcuse
Blue has some magical effect on white trunk and Marcuse brand has some unique design on trunk, and also get some of all features that I desired! This blue wave Marcuse trunk is my favourite but the colour underneath got fade of!
Like I said Blue has some magical effect on white, and if the colour turned another way around, it looks great! This trunk doesn't have a good rubber band but I will treasure this trunk!
FINALLY I found this white Marcuse trunk - low rise, no inseam infront, great fabric and it is WHITE! I feel miserable when there is no more spare to be purchased!
So I bought a grey one! Still LOVE it.
Due to sale, I got myself a blue Marcuse trunk. Okay! I should stop buying!
2(x)ist
I bought this white trunk due to sale online, it's original price was $120 but there was a sale for $40! Nice gold plated trunk to reward myself for ending my trunk craze!
Since I have so many trunks, I will wear them as my undies like how I started. At least they won't be kept aside. I have to learn to treasure everything I have.

I just love swimming
Thank you blog and any soul reader out there for not judging me. I appreciate that.

Jeff

1 comment:

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog