Friday, October 7, 2016

Personal - My Trisuit Thoughts and Whole Collection

Hi Blog,

I got a sudden rush to write down my thoughts over wearing trisuit. Here I will have to be honest with my sharing. Please don't judge me....

Let's do it!
Initially I do feel great amount of awkwardness and self-awareness pressure from others and myself - self image; especially when I am not even have an athlete figure... and others also got judgmental and stereotyped people like me... for wearing spandex/tights/tight clothing/trisuit.

Feeling imprisoned by judgement, stereotyping and  discrimination by surrounding... 
I understand that I don't have a girlfriend and don't have a worthy great body... but why do others have to relate tight clothing to homosexual spectrum? Even liking white colour for my trunk also got judged! Just like, whoever have tattoo, are labelled as having BAD personality! Or whoever wear triangle undies, are labelled as Pedo (example)!... Oh.. so sorry... I got a bit emotional over this... because I got this from many occasions and people...

I know I have fat plain body...
Look! I am aware that our society are conditioned by imaging so strongly, like people actually being more forgiving to certain image standard to be worthy, or accept, or to be successful, or to be loved by others. 

Even when come to wearing clothing like trisuit, trunk or other nice clothing, seem like only the slim, the tall or the athlete figures will compliment it, but not on fat plain ugly me... All I know... it is very depressing and hurtful....

Posing with my first Trisuit 
Oh well... Anyway it took me awhile to pick myself up from feeling lousy over myself.... and in the end... I still continue to wear and wear it proudly. You can click on the labels trisuit to see the activities that I had.

Here are my truthful reasons why I love trisuit.

======================================================
(1) Motivation


Like I mentioned above, I don't have a Great body to compliment the trisuit but one thing for sure, when I am wearing it, I am actually motivating myself to workout than lazing (Even though I do have some laze days). When I was young, watching those Superheroes movies or drama series (like Superman, Ultraman, Spiderman, Power Rangers etc etc); as they suited up, the body hugging suit looked awesome - it seemed to sync with their movements and body as a whole.

So whenever I suited up, I feel serious in my workout. (psychological effect on myself) Despite of the shadow over judgement from others, which dis-encourage myself from working out... but I learn to cope and motivate myself mentally and spiritually. I learn to be myself.

I love one of the statements from a blogger (read more), he/she said, "Change the tape that plays in your head, fix you, then those outside comments won’t carry any weight.  The path you’re on is to be celebrated, don’t ever give another person the opportunity to take that away." That is inspirng!

And one more which I can find relate to, from Chrisse Wellington's blog (read more) said, "It’s not a beauty contest that you’re entering. It’s a test of mind. The focus must be on training that brain so that it is capable of withstanding self-doubt, wobbles in self-esteem, adversity and discomfort. Developing that inner confidence to wear your tri suit with pride is part of this amazing journey. It’s part of the triathlon challenge. (which I hope I can do it one day) One we all take. As you say, its not about vanity – its about having the self-assurance to a) set a goal and b) go out there and get it in clothes that you can be both physically and emotionally comfortable in."

======================================================
(2) Love the Fabric

I just realised that I am a collector..... 
To be honest, I love the fabric of a tight - the body hugging feeling. Why? Because it actually feel so cooling when I wear it; The cooling-ness is different from wearing a running shorts, I don't feel a stickiness of a cotton fabric onto my sweaty fat body. Feeling "free" and yet hugging.

I know others will think that it is a bit too unconventional and especially I don't have great body wearing it (like google search) where they got shoulder, chest and abs to show, but it doesn't mean it is created for those people... It comes in varies sizes to fit every size and shape, So a Trisuit is meant for those who really love it than fit it.

I feel comfortable wearing it than other sport clothing and nothing else. I even wear it as my pajamas at night because of it's coolness.

======================================================
(3) I Got It Cheap!

One more thing I need to share with you, is my trisuit collection experience on how I got my first trisuit.

Many years ago, I always wanted to have a trisuit but I can't afford it as the usual price of a 2XU is nearly S$200 - $300+ I still can recall when I saw a trisuit in a 2XU stall at Novena, they had a sale. So I stepped forward to study it, how come it looks like a swimming suit... but still look different... It feels soft like running suit.... and have a pad at the crotch area.... I believe for cycling. Then when I checked it's price tag, I was shocked.... after discount, it costed S$150 - $180! I put it back immediately.

Check out the price!
With my inferior feeling and fat body, I dare not even want to purchase such expensive suit to try... I don't have a great body to compliment it... It will be a completely waste of money if I buy it... despite of many self-discouragement, the love of trisuit still hold in my mind... The fabric feeling so soft... How nice if I can wear one... but the price tag was a killer....

I usually shop in eBay, so I went onto searching for cheaper option. Most of them actually cost the same price as 2XU store has quoted... Some cool design doesn't ship to Singapore... disappointed.... Until I found one! I found one brand Aropec which sells below S$75 (include shipping) and they have nice design!

My first trisuit
I will excluded those unpleasant purchasing experiences I had, like bought a wrong suit... wrong size... not even a trisuit.... until I got my first trisuit. :) (shown above)

After some years... Carousell app (used by Singaporean) was released and my sister told me that I can sell second hand stuffs or even new stuffs in this app for free. I got a bit curious... so I searched for Trisuit.... guess what.... I FOUND them and selling at below $100! Some costs $50 for seldom wear. :) I don't mind getting them as a second hand item; I meant what is second-hand anyway. As long as it is clean and decent. I won't want to spend $200++ for one which I don't compliment well of... So I got my remaining trisuits from Carousell...

(Updated: 8/1/2017 - here is a real example to get my last trisuit.) 
As I looked back at my collection... yeah.... I should stop already.... I have ended my trisuit collection with a good full stop. Oh Man! Please no more cheap suit.....

======================================================
My Trisuit Collection

Warning!.... I know my body will disgust you... please stop here and don't judge me. Here I am just trying to share my honest feeling toward these topic and my likes, by the way, I am not hard (I know I have small penis) while taking photos. If you are here to judge, please go elsewhere!

BumbleBee Suit
Seldom wear this suit because I look like a fat bumblebee. Hahaha!
White Suit
I got two white trisuits, which shown below.
Trisuit A (left) and B (right)
FRONT view
Trisuit A (Left) and B (Right)
BACK view
Trisuit White A
I bought this at M size, it fits me well and comfortable.
This is Trisuit White B.
Even though it is S size, but fits me well too.
I prefer trisuit B more than A, but A will be my pajamas.
Click here to view more of me wearing this
First Suit
My First Aropec Trisuit.
I dare to wear this all day in the public. :)
Click here to view pictures of me in this
Skins Suit
I try to purchase different brand, so just happened I found a cheap Skins brand trisuit.
TO be honest, it has better fabric than 2XU.
Hope for more.... Oops I thought I am going to stop collecting... Intoxicating... Click here for more pictures of me in this
Random Black Suit
I also bought a black trisuit of different unknown brand
but this one is comfortable too. Very smooth feeling, I love it. Click here for more pictures of this.
2XU Black Suit
If I got a white 2XU, I will confirm get one black trisuit from Carousell too.
It is very common colour on sale in the app. You may see more pictures of me wearing this suit here.
One-Two Piece Suit
I bought this from eBay... but...It is too long and I have to fold it..
You see if I wear it without folding... it got so Loose....
After folding looks like.... ugly & awful...
Blue no 1 Suit
(Updated: 08/01/2017 - I just got my latest and last trisuit.
this one size M and it turns out loosely... quite disappointed. Click here to view more of me wearing this trisuit)
Blue no 2 Suit
My latest and Last 2XU Trisuit I bought from Carousell.
It is a dark blue Trisuit. Even though I found some loose thread but this size S fits me well.
Click here to view this 2xu blue suit
Back Zipper Suit
I just got this one due to my aching fingers to bid on the ebay and got this....
This one is special where the zip is at the back and I have troubles zipping up.
Click here to view more of me wearing this suit
Old Blue Suit
(updated 28/03/2017) I bought this because I thought it will be a bright blue trisuit and I realised it is a bit wore off especially the logo and this one doesn't come with a back pocket. But the crotch sewing style and fabric material are totally different from the 2XU I have. This one looks like an older gen design suit. Click here to view more of me wearing this.
2XU Red Suit
(Updated 27/02/2018) I bought this affordable 2XU suit, can't resist the price and love the vibrant colour. I guess I am really a sucker for trisuit... Sigh... Click here to view more of me wearing this.
Mistake-Suits

Here are the four wrong trisuit I bought online due to lack of understanding of how a suit should look like...
Those are wrestling suit, not trisuit so I wear them as my pajamas.
Two pieces Suit
Thinking of one piece suit...
I wonder how two pieces feel...
Disappointing to be honest....
Might want to sell it away...
Those are all my trisuit collection :) How? Which one do you like? You can check out my trisuit theme collection posts here.

Have not being drawing for a long time.
Let's draw one in trisuit. :)

Jeff

7 comments:

  1. U r great as u are. Keep up the open thoughts...the good work n never sell yourself short@

    ReplyDelete
  2. U r great as u are. Keep up the open thoughts...the good work n never sell yourself short@

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though you prefer white, you fit light blue quite well too. You have not had any orange suit? I wonder about orange - you may look au naturel in it. Plain and without many trimmings will bring out your natural charm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you anonymous, about orange trisuit. It is not easy to come by but I will look around. Thanks for your feedback and I am also looking for light blue too

      Delete
  4. Hi. just a random guy from Brazil here. I just wanted to say that you have a very cool blog... and you shouldn't be ashamed of yourself because you seem like a beautiful person in the outside and within. somehow I became pleased seeing your drawings and active-nature-loving life. I also know that you are straight but take this compliment: you are so handsome and looks so hot in these tri suits. please don't take me bad, all the best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... Thank you Crebss for your kindest compliment. I am really glad to know there is someone reading my humble blog. I won't take you badly. :) I appreciate that a lot. Hope you can drop more comments in my other posts too and serve as a motivation of me.

      Delete
  5. Looking closely, now I see how a wrestling suit differ from a trisuit. Thanks for good tips.

    ReplyDelete

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog