Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Trip - Bintan - The Residence

Hi Blog,

In 2023, I took my first trip to Bintan with D, and we stayed at Nirwana Gardens. I want to visit all the beach resorts in Bintan (if only I were sponsored). Even though I spoiled one of my travel mates' experiences (typically) there due to my eyesoreness and shxttiness. However, I will either do it myself or have an accommodating travel mate if there is one. For my second stay in Bintan, based on Google Maps 'resort search', I want to target the more distant resort, which is The Residence, in the east of Bintan.

2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Good morning, Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. This time, I got the later ferry, so I won't be rushing.
Hope I won't disappoint anyone, including myself, on this trip after that wallet-bleeding incident... Let's go and explore together!


2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Although it’s the same harbour, we have a different boat this time.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
This trip will be with SKK. I hope it will be a nice one, even though I have learned not to be too positive about it.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Off we go!
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
After a while, I don't see any more ships around. This time, we were heading to a different harbour, Pelabuhan Tanjung Pinang, instead of the more popular one, Bandar Bentan Telani.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
It seemed like Pulau Bulau, but I don't know.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Not long after, we arrived at Tanjung Pinang Harbour.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Thank you, Sindo Ferry. We will meet again in a few days.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Tanjung Pinang seems like a quiet city.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
After a long walk, we reached the harbour entrance, where a staff member from the Residence picked us up. He was dressed differently from other people, who would normally ask if you wanted a taxi ride.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
This is Tugu Daun Sirih Emas (Golden Betel Leaf Monument), and it is an 18-meter-tall steel sculpture in yellow-gold. It looks like it has seven leaves. Based on an online resource, it is a symbol deeply rooted in Malay welcoming traditions—with one of the main leaves pointing directly across the water toward Penyengat Island. So... what about the other leaves? At night, it lights up with colourful LED displays, which we will miss.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Only SKK and I, along with a Western couple, are taking this shuttle bus.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
From what I see, it is really a quiet city. Unlike Batam or Malaysia, this place is like Singapore 50 years ago.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
There are many old vehicles and motorists on the narrow roads. That is how the local commute happens.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
I don't see many people walking along the road; it doesn't seem so safe.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
As I mentioned before, studying the electric pole shows how people live their lives.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
After nearly an hour of riding, we arrived at The Residence.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
A map of The Residence will help in understanding the overall area of the resort. The resort where we would be staying was on the right side of B.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Bismarck Palm (Palem Bismarckia), what a nice-looking palm tree!
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
One thing that caught my attention is The Residence's display of wooden artwork. This one is a sardine-like arrangement of wooden humans.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Wood is The Residence's main theme. I love the theme, and they must have spent a lot of money on it.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
We were early for the check-in, so we headed to the restaurant beside the lobby. We could have lunch there.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Next to the restaurant, we could see the public pool and the beach...
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
...and other suites.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Thanks, SKK, for treating us.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
There are vegetarian options on their menu. Oh, I love that vegetable curry!
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
We got our resort card, and now it's time to see the room.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
I couldn't find a large logo for The Residence for a photo, even though I saw one outside, but we will use one here.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Ours is quite near the lobby, and we need to take the stairs to reach our resort. The crew told us that we can take a ride to explore the resort, and each bicycle has a number assigned to it.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Can't wait to see the room!
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
This is the deluxe Seaview room.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Tada! Wow, how I wish this were my own house.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
The sofa currently faces the window, but I believe it would be more practical if it were oriented towards the TV console.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
I guess it is nice to view from this angle, but check out this king-size bed—I love a king-size bed.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
The toilet is spacious and nice; however, the door cannot be locked, so a proper agreement is required to use it.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Love having a big mirror to check your outfit of the day and gain a bit of confidence.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Ooo, a handwritten message from their manager. Thanks for the heartwarming message, Manager Rajeev.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
They said this is a Deluxe Seaview Villa, but the tall trees are obstructing the view...
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
This villa has a mini infinity pool.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
So what am I waiting for?
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Yes! Strip down for a swim!
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
But honestly, it is just meant for soaking in water.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
See, this pool isn't that big.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Especially when a fat man like me can easily fill up the pool.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Please avoid following my example, as it could lead to a fall. I am trying to exercise caution.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Anyway, this villa is a simple and relaxing place that I wish to have.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Can I buy such a villa myself? Haha
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
I doubt sit Check the bottom of the house; if in Singapore, this space will be fully utilised.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Time to sun tan here.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Back to the mirror, I just realised that I should wear this shirt unbuttoned.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
(Credit SKK) It was time to explore this place, so we decided to ride bicycles around.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Let's go!
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
We cycled by a larger villa, and it was unoccupied for the day. It has a slightly larger pool on the first floor than ours. How nice it would be to stay here.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
We had arrived at the beach at The Residence.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Nice, calm sea here.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
It is a beach; however, my dream of a white beach is a bit far from reality... I would love a white beach with blue, crystal-clear water.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
The water is clean, which is nice.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Maybe we got here too late, and the sky got dark. I’ll probably come back tomorrow to check it out.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Hmm, maybe due to the haze, the sunset seemed moody.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
(Credit SKK) Well, I can't decide or change the environment, but I will make the best of it.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
(Credit SKK) Because I am a nerdy beach boy.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
(Credit SKK) Just me and nature, especially with my favourite element - water.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
(Credit SKK) I wanted to go towards the rock, but it would be too much to ask, as SKK would have to hold my phone and take the photo. That's not what he would want, as he also wanted to enjoy the scenery without me getting in the way.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
There is an orange frame in the middle of the sea; I was tempted to go over...
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
(Credit SKK) SKK said he wants to go there too. That's great! At least not because of me.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Hazy evening by the beach, what a sight.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
(Credit SKK) After helping him, it's my turn! Ugly fat man's turn.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
The scene, viewed from standing on the orange frame, looked so different. The water, brightly painted by the golden egg yolk, was awesome.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
It's time to leave the beach to make others feel less awkward with me around.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
I guess my bicycle wheel was hit by the rear mudguard.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Oh dear, I had to drag my bicycle back...
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
(Credit SKK) I tried to apply pressure to make the tyre spin.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
I wanted to swim here now, but it seemed I wanted to return for a power nap first...
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
On our way back, we saw that they had a gym, yoga studio, and spa.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
The gym looks good. I think next time I will try to visit the gym at least once.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
They have a nice spa place; personally, I just admire the wooden furniture and design here.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
The evening sky was illuminated by a fiery yellow sun resembling a salty egg yolk.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
I returned and spent more time in our private pool.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
I just chilled in the water and wanted to power-nap in the water. 
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
The pool night light was turned on.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
It was 6 PM (7 PM in Singapore), so I guess it’s time for dinner.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Okay, my eyesore OOTD.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
We were given a complimentary dessert. It's called Kue Lumpur.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
Kue Lumpur is a popular traditional snack from Betawi, made with coconut milk, potatoes, flour, and egg. Vanilla is used for flavouring, and it is decorated with raisins on top.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
In The Residence, one source (Klook) claimed there is no built-in Netflix app on the resort TV. However, I will let you know that Netflix and YouTube are built into the TV.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
YES! Can watch some Netflix while having my dinner!
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
We just watched Netflix and chilled. We covered many movies, and SKK also started using the Netflix subscription for the first time with his free Netflix from StarHub.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
However, I wanted to try a night-soaking moment.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
As I look up at the night sky for stargazing, I hope that in Bintan it will be a clear night so I can see more stars. However, I feel disappointed; it reminds me of my experience at the beach, but I will make do.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
I wanted to swim in a bigger pool, but I doubt the public pool will be open for us to swim in at that late hour because of Netflix.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
While SKK was sleeping, I took a quiet moment in a corner of the living room, thinking that maybe I should sleep here. However, I concluded that I should not, as there is a king-size bed available and I would sleep comfortably there.
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence
I decided to spend some time transferring, editing, and organising my photos on my Blogspot using HTML code. I worked quite late on this eyesore post. Honestly, I can take my time to complete a post, even if it takes a year or two. I don’t see the need to update so quickly. I treat my blog like a daily diary and prefer not to let things pile up like last time. When I went on a trip to China or Taiwan, it took me weeks to update, and that overwhelmed me. I’d rather clear some tasks quickly and write as I go. Anyway, it was late... Good night for now.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Next morning seemed like there was a short shower. I expected the morning sky would be a golden yellow; however, due to the haze, the sky looked moody.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
We will go for the free breakfast.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Meanwhile, I tried to capture as many beautiful wooden artworks as I could while walking to the restaurant. Just a simple layout of cut branches in different sizes, filled up in a large frame. Potentially, wasps might take it as a home.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
This artwork appears quite organic and contributes a natural ambiance to the space, doesn't it?
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
We enjoyed a panoramic scene from the restaurant while having our breakfast.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
It appeared that the tide was low this morning.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Had a simple staycation breakfast today. Sunny eggs were there, which made me feel happy.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
We will fill our tummies with this breakfast, which helps curb our hunger until lunch.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Even the squirrel followed our method, to fill up its stomach as much as it could manage.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Another beautiful artwork. I wonder just how many wooden resources they have.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
SKK will continue having his breakfast; as I couldn't eat much, I went out to explore on my own.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
No one was around by the low-tide beach.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Wanted to go over to that orange frame again, but there is nowhere I can place my camera.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
I tried to imagine it was the white beach I dreamed of.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Time to become a eyesore beach boy!
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
I asked myself, why don't I soak in the water of the sea?
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Maybe because I need to know or familiarize myself with what is beneath the seabed, so that I don't soak myself too long at a foreign beach...
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
But the water does look inviting. I guess I will soak in the water if I come back.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Maybe I will just have a little stroll and explore the furthest part of the beach.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
I must say, the morning sky was gloomy.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
I was simply hoping to capture a quality photograph by the beach.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
The beach rock is perfect for photos, but an untoned  meh-looking nerd like me might not be much help.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Ooo, I found a large ghost crab and it didn't leave. Thanks for comforting me.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
As I walked around, this one is a beachfront room. I had never considered getting this, and maybe I should.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
I didn’t hit the beach for swimming or sunbathing, so I’ll just go to the public pool.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
I really appreciate the Infinite Pool; it provides a sense of safety both at the beach and while swimming in the pool.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
(Credit SKK) The morning pool had no other guests except us; we can swim in peace.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Suntanning in peace without anyone judging me, except for guests having their breakfast, whose eyes won't be stained by an eyesore-me.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
I told SKK that I will move to another bench where the umbrella doesn't block the rising sun in the east.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
After more than an hour at the public pool, I told SKK to move to the other side of the public pool, which is meant for the kids.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
We could just sit in the water and sunbathe.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
We can still feel cool in the water and tan evenly.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
(Credit SKK) I was trying to re-enact the Spiderman and Black Widow scene in the bathtub.
(Credit movie scene) Like this. However, I don't look as great as Spiderman.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
(Credit SKK) Alright, time to return to our room. I don't wish to make the lady guest uncomfortable.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
I decided to use our mini private pool.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Don't want to waste our private pool somehow.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Just realised our neighbours have started checking in and using the pool too.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
The water was cold; it was different from the public pool where the water was warm.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
I guess I understand why the trees here grow tall... Just to create a nature wall for private space between villas.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
The sun was at the top of noon, perfect for sunbathing, but the open umbrella wasn't helping much.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
I decided to close the umbrella and try to tan. However, I started to feel a bit of a pinch on my thigh. I checked closely and realised there was a fly... It was not a normal fly—it was a small horsefly! I woke up, packed up quickly, and left the spot.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
No more suntan for me, for now.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Feeling safe in the room.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
The Residence will message all guests with a warning, such as monkeys being around, so we need to keep our door closed to prevent them from getting in.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
SKK and I saw a poster advertising that we could explore Bintan with a private car to various places. I wanted to explore some interesting places, but we needed to secure such a service the day before because it was fully booked.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
However, I wanted to explore some exotic places, but I don't have exotic money...
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Even learning how to make flower arrangements also costs a lot for me, who is poor.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
SKK is keen on this spa; I told him to go for it. However, he forgot about it. I guess he doesn't want to go alone.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
I guess the only thing which is free and has my interest is stargazing!
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
I tried to spend some time to sort out my blog post before I went for a nap..
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
What a great power nap and woke up due to...
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
...hunger.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
We received another free dessert - Wajik.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Wajik, also known as pulut manis, is a traditional Indonesian kue made with glutinous rice, palm sugar, and coconut milk.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
They also gave me a bedtime story. The one on the left was for our first night, and the one on the right was for our second night. After reading it... honestly, it wasn't a story that matches my level of inspiration. I don't comment negatively on the stories, so I will leave it as it is.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
The night scene at The Residence seemed lonely.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
We had arrived at the lobby where they would be having their stargazing activity. In the top left of the image, there was a bright star—that was Venus.
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
Unfortunately, due to unfavourable weather, they are unable to have the stargazing activity... My wish to see an actual telescope remains unfulfilled...
2026 09 10 the residence bintan stay
The Residence staff told us that, due to the haze, they apologized for it. I was so disappointed.
2026 09 10 the residential bintan
We opted to enjoy an authentic local cuisine dinner at Rica Rica Specialist Restaurant.
2026 09 10 the residential bintan2026 09 10 the residential bintan
For vegetarians like me, at least, they have options.
2026 09 10 the residential bintan
I visited the beach to observe the night sky, but the haze obscured the stars... Anyway, time to return to our room to continue our unfinished Netflix movie. Then I updated my blog post with photos first and slept for the night.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
Morning breakfast before checking out.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
Same activity, but we had some guests swimming in the pool.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
Today's sun was a bit gentle and perfect for sunbathing without any worries.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
If I am loaded, I would like to chill in this cafe/bar beside the pool and definitely not in the trunk.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
I guess I should spend more time swimming here.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
Find the best spot to sunbathe for an hour.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
Trying to capture a better shot in the Infinite Pool myself.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
I guess it was not easy to capture it alone, as I tried to snap a few shots to get the perfect one because the timer seemed to be lagging. Luckily, there were fewer guests around to judge me.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
I went to the beach again.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
It was so bright, and I could see what was going on beneath the water at the beach; it seemed clean. Actually, it is a clean beach, unlike Lazarus Beach, where you can find trash washed up on the shore.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
If the sky can be blue, that would be great! However, I will appreciate whatever it is now.
But it won't stop me from dreaming. Thanks, Chat, for doing this for me.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
Ah, I found a hammock hung between two trees on a sandy beach with a calm sea view in the background. It was heaven. But I think there was a horsefly, so I just snapped and left the place.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
Wore my last white attire, and prepared to go, time to say goodbye to this large mirror.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
Goodbye to this room. You have given me good memories.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
Spending money to capture fleeting moments in life can be meaningful. Often, the absence of these experiences makes them all the more valuable when attained.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
Continued the Netflix before we checked out our room.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
(Credit SKK) On our way back, I just had some deep thoughts to reflect on and engaged with ChatGPT about my stay in The Residence.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
Thanks, SKK. Sorry for my snoring and nonsensical photo-taking, which might have annoyed you, as it did in Bintan previously or on any trip with anyone. Overall, I hope you have a good and relaxing stay.
2026 09 11 last day at Bintan The Residence
Goodbye, Tanjung Pinang. Not sure when I will land here again. One day, this jetty won't be quiet for long and might develop into something more when I return. Even if it remains, I would love to explore this city.
Our journey to Bintan The Residence was longer than expected, as the resort is located quite far from Bintan's main jetty. This time, we travelled to another jetty nearer to the resort, but it still took around 45 minutes by vehicle. Thankfully, the resort arranged for their staff to meet us at the jetty and escort us to the resort. They also arranged our transport back to the jetty when it was time to return to Singapore. Such thoughtful service removed much of the worry of travelling in a foreign country, allowing us to enjoy our holiday with greater peace of mind. From the moment we arrived, we already felt that we were being taken care of.

Like many resorts in Bintan, The Residence has a natural, Bali-inspired atmosphere, with wooden furniture, tree trunks, and rustic decorations that create a warm and relaxing environment. Even the walls and art displays reflect the beauty of wood, making the resort feel different from the concrete surroundings of urban life. The friendly staff, various recreational activities, and opportunities to explore the island added to the experience. I was especially interested in the stargazing activity, although the haze prevented us from enjoying a proper view of the night sky. The resort also has a beach, but I had imagined a larger, sandy white beach, so I was honestly a little disappointed. Nevertheless, I reminded myself that this was my expectation rather than a fault of the resort.

Our Deluxe Sea View Villa was another highlight of the stay. It was spacious, with a king-size bed, a large bathroom, and a simple living area beneath a tall ceiling. Looking at the room, I could not help imagining it as my own home. There was something comforting about the space, and I enjoyed the thought of having such a peaceful place to return to every day. The villa also came with a private pool, although it was smaller than I had imagined. Unfortunately, the sea view was partly blocked by the surrounding trees, so I could not enjoy the unbroken horizon I had hoped for. The horseflies around the pool were another unpleasant surprise, as I am not comfortable being around blood-sucking insects. Still, these small disappointments did not erase the enjoyment of staying in such a beautiful environment.

Overall, The Residence gave me a meaningful escape from my usual routine. It was not a perfect holiday, but perhaps that is what makes the memories more genuine. There were moments of relaxation, moments of disappointment, and moments when I simply enjoyed being somewhere different. The service, natural surroundings, and atmosphere made the stay worthwhile, and the price of the villa felt reasonable for the experience. Most importantly, the trip reminded me that sometimes, I do not need to travel far or experience something extraordinary to feel refreshed. A little time away, in a place that allows me to slow down and breathe, can already be a gift. I would gladly recommend The Residence for its service, atmosphere, and the peaceful experience it offers.

Jeff
2026 09 09 staycation at Bintan the Residence


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog