Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Personal - Hobby Sharing - Cycling and my Cycling Jerseys Collection

Hi Blog,


To me, bicycle is treated as a Eco-friendly transport tool and cycling is a great way to keep fit. In this post, I will share with you the joy and a bit of my boring cycling history.

image not owned by me
When I was around 4 (surprisingly I still remembered), we always went to a mini racing track at Ang Mo Kio, where we can rent mini scooters or cars for children to play around.


Nowadays I still see that at ANG mo kio Hub without a track. So I started off four wheeled bicycle which I will feel safer.

image not owned by me
At My age of 8-9, my parents bought me a personal mini mountain bike (4 wheeled). I was so happy to own a bike and I ride everyday. And my father wanted me to learn to cycle on two wheels which terrified me. I don't have any confident riding on two wheels but that didn't stop my father from adjusting the two supporting wheels higher from the ground hence whenever I felt not balance, at least the supporting wheels are there to hold my falls. As times goes by, I managed to balance myself in two wheels before counter my fears and train my muscle-memories.

image not owned by me
When I was primary 5-6, I used to cycle on a second hand bike to school but after the typres went flat, I don't know what to do but to leave it under my block unlocked. I thought the life span of a bike is so short. But as I recalled, I learned my stupidity was cured miraculously as I aged.

Image Not owned by me
During my secondary period, we won a foldable bike, and our family members were very excited over a foldable bike because it was new in the market and can save space, but still very heavy to carry around and difficult to set up. I Have bad impression for foldable bikes. Never like it but I ride it until it was completely wasted then I left it beside a trash bin.


Above video, there was a Roadbike which contributed by Weixin (one of the relief teachers worked in PV before) that road bike was punctuated so I don't have a chance to try because I always want to try a road bike, but I am too poor to afford such bike. At the same time, I am also worried my weight will flatten the typres easily. (Misconception)

Usually the better the Roadbike is, the more costly it will be. Yeah I know some experts or pro will tell me it is not about the bike, it is about the engine (the cyclist himself). If so, then go and ride on the cheap Roadbike for the race. So sorry I sound like a sour grape, but I am stating the fact, "money cannot buy anything but can get something" in this world.

Since Weixin doesn't want his Roadbike  anymore, so he decided to give it to me. But one of staff in PV overheard it and asked me whether do I want to trade this Roadbike with his BMX (slightly rusted).  I think through that bike will just served as my travelling tool to my lunching and Roadbike is too easily targeted. So I agreed to trade. Stupid am I? 


Okay about my first wife, I shall stop here. If you want to read up more about my boring history. You can check the posts about it :)


====================================================

My aim is to keep myself workout before I get old. That is the reason why I started to buy cycling jerseys so that I won't chicken out and serves as a form of encouragement. I also like and admire how other cyclists look when they are in suit. Here are some collection Of my jerseys.


My first cycling jersey. Initially I was getting that jersey for jogging or hiking because it looks so cool but during my first hiking, one of the hikers asked me why do I wear cycling jersey for hiking? That was where I start to get some of suit just or hiking and jogging.


I love the Tron design of this suit, but I don't have the right body to display its awesomeness so I sold it away. Honestly I am kind of regret.


end up I spent more money of getting the right one but the loosely top made me regret even more. Well I suck thumb.... 


Since it is a long sleeve suit, I will wear it during afternoon long ride.


In my earlier posts in my blog, i customise my own tron jersey and went through hell of remaking... I shall keep it well.


I bought this from Qoo10 sale and I learned I will never believe in Qoo10 sale hence the starting price is 100% deceiving. Anyway I love the overall design and the new comfortable pad make me feel it worth.


You may ask me, where is my white? Here is the white jersey and I will get it no matter what. 


This jersey could be my last jersey that I will get. I am black Spiderman. Okay cut your racist comments and there is nothing racist about it! I will wear this when I am out with lesser people.

Updated on 20/20/2016
I got a new jersey which is Red and white. Beside white, I actually like red too. :)

DO you like it?
=========================================================

My final thought....


My aim is to ride my fatty around singapore and explore new places. Hope you will wish me luck and encouragement for keeping fit, even though I am still fat. 

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. You have done so much to improve your life and your efforts are paying off , i can see you have improved in many ways , keep it up and focus on whats in front of you

    ReplyDelete

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog