Thursday, December 26, 2019

Personal - Singapore Solar Eclipse on 26 Dec 2019

Hi Blog,

Oh my oh my! I was shocked by a casual comment from my colleague, "Did you know today got an eclipse?". "WHAT?! an ECLIPSE TODAY?!" Immediately, I googled.

OH MY! THIS TIME IT IS A FULL ECLIPSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In 2016, We had an eclipse in SG before. (link) But I was not as excited as today's eclipse.


I went up to the top floor at my workplace, and filmed the whole progress of full eclipse
I felt my phone position and the shade was not in a good product to capture it...
The sun just moved out of the frame because I can't see anything when I placed my phone on the floor, but this is the best I can get. I wish there are clouds to help to block some of the ray...
I can't rely on my phone to do the job, time to get my DSLR and set the aperture to the lowest, and it worked!
Amazing :3
Here was the MOMENT WHEN we were waiting for!
Oh dear... my location can't capture the full eclipse...
but at least, I managed to get this. Once in my lifetime-moment.
The moment when the moon was leaving the embracement with the sun.
Thank you Heaven for such moment. I never thought we can witness a Full Eclipse in this little red dot. I heard there might be another one in 44 years later. Hopefully, I can be ready for it.

I found an instagramer filmed the whole eclipse progress here (check his third picture) what an awesome moment!

On this date, there were many funny posts regarding this event, these were too funny and have to keep it here.


Have you experienced the eclipse today? Did you notice the whole environment lighting turned to a dark shade when the eclipse started? The cooling feeling? The world is amazing.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog