Monday, December 2, 2019

Trip - Taiwan - Day 2 - Jiufen

Good afternoon Blog,

On the second day of our Taiwan trip, we were chasing the time from point to point. After a short visit at Yeliu Geopark (link), we were going to Jiufen. When I heard the name Jiufen, I translated it into "nine shares/parts"; funny name though.

To Jiufen, We had to travel up to a mountain. From this angle, I can see a bit of Yeliu.
Uniquely, the residents build their houses on the mountain; what a craftmanship.
Same height but different position like taking a class photo.
Welcome to Jiufen
At Jiufen, the traffic here is quite dangerous as it is on an elevating road which is twist and turn. it is best to stick to the side of the road and watch out for the vehicles.
oooh! Jiufen has a unique street market - a long stretch of small business
have you noticed the structure at Jiufen street? Because they are built on the mountain, having a business openly along the road is a no-no due to the flow of traffic. because it is on the mountain, it can be windy too. So these shophouses face-to-face one another and form an alley to shelter from strong wind/traffic, and when there is rain, they will extend their roof to provide shelter for visitors/customers.
It is easily packed with visitors in no time!
There was one tea egg which left a positive impression in my heart
After tasting it... It has become one of my MUST-BUY in Taiwan
because my Auntie and I are vegetarian, seeking for a vegetarian stall is part of our objective and thanks Heaven to have a veg stall available for vegetarians.
Red Vinasse Taiwanese Meatballs. In Jiufen, there is meat version too. So fellow-Vegetarians, do take note of the wordings "vegetarian". This one tastes jelly but unique :3
No matter what, a smelly beancurd is a must :3 despite feeling bloated
Thanks to my Auntie, don't mind helping me to take a picture :)
Bought a few lanterns for friends. Are they interesting to look at?
beside crowded alley, sometimes it is comforting to look at a quiet corner
Well, short duration to really have a good walk here, have to reach to destinated location for the rest of my group.
Look at the number of visitors at this moment...
in less than 2 mins time, the road was clear (they had entered the long alley street), then another five minutes later, the cycle repeats.
Cool place to visit and hope to complete the whole alley/explore jiufen again. The next stop is Shifen. (link)

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog