Sunday, December 1, 2019

Trip - Taiwan - Day 1 - Shi Lin Market and Amain Boutique Motel

Hi Blog,

I was confused now as the sky got so dark when we arrived to ShiLin market.

here we were! NIGHT MARKET!
based on my watch, it said 5pm only!!! And the sky was DARK already!
Anyway back to Taiwan, I noticed they have divided their trash into recyclable and trash, which is a good way to promote recycle-habit in the citizens.
Shilin market (you can read up more here and google map)
Outside Shilin market, there are many fruits stall. According to Mr Lin, he claimed the price of the fruits here is highjacked. but to us, the price seemed rather decent. Eating some Taiwan fruits is my aim so I will buy some from them.
It looked like Singapore Bugis Street :) Familiar feeling
Feeling like home.
but here, they have some special stalls like this.
But when you were at their main street where links to the temple, the street was jammed with ocean of people!
but there was one thing which pull my nose towards...
SMELLY BEANCURD!!!!!!!!
One of my wishlist during the trip to Taiwan :D and it smelled heavenly-SMELLY! XD
beside Smelly beancurd, MUST Eat their mushrooms too! Much better than Singapore. this one is chewier (Q Q) than Singapore!
Fried Golden Burdock - Actually tasted NICE :D With a pretty-pretty crew serving you :3
At the corner of the busy street where lay a quiet lane... perfect for a picture but... no one to help.
I wanted to buy their milk tea but I was so full of smelly beancurd and mushroom, I guess I will buy the tea the next day.

overall, Visit Shilin Market is a MUST for the first-time visitor in Taiwan. You can never register the whole market by a night. perhaps a few visit will actually allow us to familiarise the whole place. I will definitely come for another visit :D Time to go back to our first hotel stay...

Amain Boutique Motel (link and google map)
Love this Motel room as it is a Japanese style theme room
With a simple sitting area
Standard bed
I wish my house can be like this
The amazing thing is that they have a bathtub - big enough for two people!
While my nephew was bathing, I decided to do my camera memory and...
watched some movies/TV... I found out they have adult videos on their list too. Oh my. Hahaha
Anyway, My first purchase for the day - Two pants (Love the fabric) from Laking (link).
Overall, Amain Boutique Motel has its own unique theme. 3 stars hotel but still deserve a good review from me. I love it is neat and clean.

Anyway, I have to rest early as we need to be ready by 7am... yawning.... Time to sleep... Click here for Day 2 - Yehliu Geopark (link)

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog