Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Product - T-Rex Inflatable Costume Review

Hey blog, 

Recently I got a bit of T-Rex fever beside Funguy (fungus), I was simply LOL whenever I watched a YouTube video about this T-rex costume. This T-Rex costume was in the market ever since Jurassic World and it comes in Adult and child size. You may check the videos which how much fun that people has.


This costume is different from the typical costume which I have seen so far, it is inflatable type than those suffocated type. I also saw one Real Dinosaurs costume (below) which costs a bomb like $2000 - 3000 and I have no place to keep it.


So I tried to do some research on the inflatable T-Rex costume and listened to their reviews which are quite promising and at least it can help me to think through whatever I should get it or not. Okay! Let's do some research on the price since that was my concern.


I have tried eBay (link) and the price range from  US$300+ ~ US$65. 
Take note, due to it sold out so fast, the price was jetted up and those which were around US$100+, they might not be authentic and made from China. And I also found one from Aliexpress (link) and Taobao (link) then after calculation, I feel that I can give Taobao/Aliexpress a chance, so I decided to ask my friend to purchase from taobao. 

After a week later, it arrived to my workplace! I WAS SO EXCITED!

Fast delivery from TaoBao
Quite a big parcel.
After I looked into the content, I think back it is different from the authentic version.
I got the standard stuff - gloves, body and two power packs
which is different from authentic version.
They gave me a screwdriver to open up this power pack.
getting in
Preparing to zip up
Inside lousy Yet-inflated T-Rex
Make sure I got two battery packs ready and plugin
It can become a coat
INFLATABLE!
From outside
inside space
I can squeeze another me!
hmmmm.... I think I take that back!
My only window
Check out the T-Rex head
quite small window
Lucky it is spacious and the air flow is cool

I tried to wear it and lucky there was Hadi, one of the teachers who was working during holiday, helped me on wearing it and walked down from the stair (quite dangerous).

I feel that I was too short (168cm and yeah I know I am short),
 feeling like a man in fat man body.
If I have to look down, I have to bend down.
The total height is 200 - 210cm.
Even though there are two fans blowing in air, I still feel quite warm as I wear my usual clothing.
The fans are actually quite loud from inside. Well I am okay with that. 
Stood beside Mr Shahzan, we just had a great laugh over the costume.  
Then after wearing it and having fun, packing it back was Hell and not easy. I just packed it into the plastic bag. Here are my final thought over this T-Rex costume. 

==================================================

This is different from Authentic version. First you will notice the window is round and as the authentic version is rectangular, which can give me a better view toward my surrounding.

It comes with two power packs for two fans, which is different from authentic one, it helps to speed up in inflating the T-Rex maybe, I don't know. As I don't have the authentic version to test it, but I do feel cooling in some way. But after two hours of continuously inflating, the power started to die off (based on my experience during my help for PV mid-autumn festive.) and barely can't last longer than one and the half hours.

It is advisable to wear lighter clothing than normal clothing. The amount of sweat especially for sweaty palm like I do, is inevitable. Just make sure you dry it before packing this up. 

This is just a short and simple review, I will add in more feedback if I wear it for more events. :D I am a J-Rex!

J-Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog