Sunday, November 25, 2018

Trip - Harbin - Day 2 - Chinese BaRoQue District 中華巴咯克歷史文化街區

Hi Blog,

I just love to understand how other people live their life in a different environment/world from me. Like if they won't be spending money to shopping malls or super markets for their daily needs, so where will they be.

MQ brought us to a flea-market and maybe we might find something interesting there.
The flea-market is situated at Chinese BaRoQue District. (read more)

After a 20 mins ride...
We had arrived to a wide parade square
This place seems deserted
This place has a 200+ years old based on the local and the government is trying their best to preserve it.

For me...
Perfect for pictures! XD
Just look at the structure of the building. Honestly, I don't see such structure for new buildings unless it is for the RICH.
I love this small electrical vehicle and my mother can fit one in herself. Slow but good for environment.
OOOO here is the flea-market!
Funny thing is, with such a historical structure in the background, it helps to contrast the irregular stall setup and brings out some 'culture' to the whole flea-market here.

Looked like a busy market here
It is like a 'carousel' alive
I wondered what is this for.
At least their goods are still clean and decent
Looked like it stretches quite a distance but we only covered a small portion of the flea-market (I wish I can cover every corner)
If I stay in Harbin, I will buy one or two items from them
But there are a lot of similar goods
It is like a treasure hunt here
From what I observed, most of the goods that they sell here, are some old display-items and clothing. If you don't mind second-hand items, here will be your treasure hunting ground.

I felt so bad for the fox fur...
I wanted to bring it back home to take care of it (like a live pet) but I know if I bought it, I will be a part of "supporting fur-hunting activity" and Singapore doesn't allow such goods.
The building structure is kept and preserved as how 200+ years ago will be.
It was a short tour to witness Harbin-citizen's weekend lifestyle and past construction style.
Beautiful district
I wished I can take more pictures with a DSLR
Next stop we will visit something exciting Day 2 - Harbin - SongHua River 松花江

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Notice that you are wearing many layers. F and E trip with a local can cover many more areas where guided tours may not cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I wore three layers, so I won't feel cold. We suppose to travel to explore more but the local's vehicle can't cover so far

    ReplyDelete

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog