Saturday, November 24, 2018

Trip - Harbin - Day 1 - Flying To Harbin

Good Morning Blog,

It was 430am, I can't really sleep that well but the day has finally come - the China trip which we had planned and purchased flight tickets since March.

Now waiting for my brother to fetch us to the airport before going to work. Bless him for doing that.
On this trip, my 2nd elder auntie joins us to explore China for my first time and we will be visiting my mother's friends.
It will be a ten days trip, We will be going to Harbin, then Beijing. I am quite excited though because I have never been to that far and cold; I have not touched the real snow at all! It is also my first time purchase of a transit flight.
Prepare to check in
Early morning at T3, less crowded
Hardworking staff here
Honestly, I am still green on traveling but this staff is helpful to ease my tension.
Because this is my first transit flight experience
Wefie with my mother
Are we ready? During the whole trip, we will increase our group by four. who are they?
But most importantly, Harbin is the hometown for a respectable man ever lived before, who 'sow many thousands and millions of seed-souls and fulfilling many Saints and Sages' uncompleted goal'; and had gone many impossibles and challenges, just not for himself but the world. I am excited for that aka 朝聖.

Oh man! This Harry Potter is so CUTE! I will want that!
Going to Harbin and Christmas was coming sooner.
Nice weather to fly, at least it set a positive mood for this trip
Small economic plane - that is what I can afford
Ready to FLY!
Lift off!
Time to enjoy the view from the flight-window
Awww... we were greeted by a rainbow. :) Thank you Heaven for sending us.
Now I can't see much land but an ocean of clouds
One good thing for being a shortie - there is enough seating space on the plane. Ironically... usually those tall people are successful people, won't be sitting in the economic zone.
I ordered a Jain Vegetarian meal and it tasted GOOD. :3
Eating and enjoying the amazing view
Four hours later... GuangZhou!
It was a 4 hours flight to Guangzhou then another 4 hours transit to Harbin.
Welcome to GuangZhou
All I had to do, was to follow the red sign "Transfer"
But there is one thing that I am worrying which is transiting. I worry we might miss the timing for next flight? Do we need to collect our luggage then register again? Just so many questions!
I learned that it is easier to transit especially it is an inter-airline - they will transfer our luggage to the next plane automatically, and thanks goodness that every crew can speak English which is helpful for any English tourist. But I believe It's a tiring job because their faces hardly surface a smile. Jia you for the crew.

They told us to go to another end where our next flight was
Chiong! We managed to reach there on time.
Another four hours to Harbin :D
Oh yes! I also noticed Something interesting while standing near the plane-window screen. Check out the clouds formation - it was flat and silky. What an interesting phenomenon!
huh?! That's weird! It was a Sunset scene... but.. but it was 4pm?!
And this was 530pm!?!
Through the window, it is Harbin and is already in the night zone like Singapore 8 or 9pm.
The sky was so clear that I can see the Northern Star! It is amazing to learn that how big the world is, and how small we are, isn't it?
Finally, we had successfully landed Harbin airport!
Thanks, Heaven that everyone is safe.
The moment I stepped out from the plane, it was freezing! Cold isn't the best word to describe the coldness, it was like entering a freezer which fills thousands of needles poking on any exposed skin. My nose and ears started to weigh heavier and wanted to hide in my pocket to keep themselves warm (because I didn't carry a head-wear and a pair of gloves). Lucky it was a short bus trip, we had reached the terminal where it is kept warm. Believe me, you have never truly appreciated the heat in our body until you visit this place.

It was COLD!
Time to get down from the bus
Normal decent Harbin airport
Successfully landing
Everyone seemed alright :)
After luggage collection, MQ (our ex-tenant) welcomed us to his hometown and drove us to a motel situated in the heart of the city - Hei Long Jiang.
Thank you MQ - Our handsome, young chap as he just melted every aunties' heart when my mother showed off his picture to them; like a proud 'mother'. My face can only be used to contrast his handsomeness.
Anyway, we were on our way to the hotel, click here to check the next post - to the hotel

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Did you book your air tickets on-line and by which airline? How much did you pay for each ticket? All the accommodations are arranged by your handsome ex-tenant MQ. When you all arrived at Harbin you all have to walk to the terminal building in the cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I booked online and from China southern airline. I think I paid for 480 per ticket.
      Thankful MQ arranged everything for us

      Delete

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog