Sunday, March 15, 2020

Personal - NoFap Challenge

Hi Blog,

This one is a very personal post. I hesitated of whether I should make such a post or not. In this post, there won't have any pictures than text. It was about a challenge that I gave to myself - a NoFap Challenge for 30 days.

A general feeling when I was trying to pull myself through during these 30 days challenge
Some facts about my Fapping habit (I just have to truthful here) - when I was young, I simply enjoy the sensation and did it, just to feel relax and good. I might do it more than twice or at least once a day depends on the situation.

when I was a teenager, I was exposed with online visual aids which allowed me to imagine that I was that guy to receive such "love" from the girls than judging by others for being inadequate. So fapping became a way to destress myself from the harsh world where emphasis the best as the basic standard/requirement for a guy.

But when I grew up, I started to feel empty as I realised that after the end of each session... I am still feel like an inadequate and unworthy loser, as compared to those people in the visual aids. The guys in the real world and even in visual aids got a lot of "loves" (no matter real or faking) and I am still there, rejected. I felt like I am the camera man filming others received love.

While going through a bit of somehow depression process, I try to keep me busy and stay positive (thanks goodness that my responsibilities besides my daily working life helps me to save my energy and away from falling back to the disappointment-quicksand).

=========================

Okay back to topic, how did I get into this challenge? Initially, I didn't start my NoFap Challenge intentionality due to I was busy and realised that I had not been doing it for seven days! Oh my, I thought that It is a mission impossible thing! Since I wanted to change that habit and avoid dwelling to depression mode, I decided to continue to push my limit and see how long I can last.

On my tenth day of NoFap Challenge, I felt energetic! How can I tell the difference? Usually, there are two timings when I feel the need of power nap (after lunch and 4-6pm). Without a power nap, I will doze off easily. But the feeling of energetic was undeniably strong and rewarding too, it motivated me to accomplish many things. After that, I went through forums and learned that there are people who take up NoFap challenge and last for 100 days+ (reddit link). Many had shared they feel energetic but not everyone. Some said it is psychological and some said our bodies don't waste the energy to produce, so it channel to elsewhere which is beneficial in mentally and physically.

On the fourteenth day, things start to behave weirdly. My little brother tended to get hard for quite easily. Usually, when I calmed down, it will be subsided but it will maintain at aroused state. In one of my  jogging posts (here), it just got hard for quite sometime. I will only cool down when I was doing work with other people around. Anyway, after one or two days later, I ended my challenge. Honestly, I felt rewarding and can't believe that I will have such discipline.

So while I was typing this post, I was doing my 28th NoFap days already. Making my way to 30 days! I feel that it is a self discipline and habit-correction method, which help to boost my inner self and sense of achievement.

=========================

Update after 30 days

Actually I released after 32 days, so how do I feel? Is it like a volcano eruption? Etc etc
Honestly, the feeling of release was great but as usual... Not impressive or BIG drama/changes/improvement. Just meh.

To be honest, while I was on my challenge, mine was not NoFap at all; mine was simply NoCum challenge. I was just keep on steering the desire. So... After knowing that I can make it this far, I decided to up my challenge to actual NoFap Challenge as long as I can.

You can watch this video which he explained well why and how I had gone through, and understand the benefits of it.
========================

Whoever wants to pick up this, here are the pointers:
- It is meant for a Self Discipline to stay away from fapping habit.
- It is beneficial in spiritually and mentally, and surprisingly physically too.
- To aid the challenge, try not to stay alone yourself.
- If you are in the room. don't close the door.
- Avoid visual aid because it will only make things worse.
- Share this with someone who will encourage/motivate you in any positive way.
- If you have GF, tell her that "it is meant for discipline." Who knows she might like you even more? I don't have a GF so... Skipped!
- Give yourself a little pat on yourself for trying this day by day.
=========================

Okay! I shall share my experience until here. Too lengthy and messy lousy English. I tried my best already. Hope it will help one way or another. Jia you!


Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog