Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Personal - My CNY days

Hi Blog,

It will be a random post about my 2019 Chinese New Year happening and by the way, Happy Chinese New Year to Blogger! Thank you for accompanying me for all these years. Without you, reading my boring issues and thoughts, I won't be any better until now. Recently, I received an email about Google shut down Google+ platform and Blogger stays. I started to ask myself, what if Google announced they will shut down Blogger? I will be deeply upset about it.

Oops! I should stay focus, this is CNY post so I should stick to it. In fact, why I mentioned those above because during CNY, is a day of Appreciation. You can check out my last year posts during CNY (eve and days)

4th Feb 2019 - Eve of CNY
My first appreciation moment was on CNY eve - Having a group photo with Admin staff and School leader (behind). What a LOL (Lots of Love) moment. In my many years of working in school, this is my second time to take a group photo together during festive days.
(pardon me for looking red in the picture, I don't know why. Maybe is my phone camera.) After half day of work, KM, my ex-student wanted to pass me something (CNY delicacy made by his mother) to wish me. What a kind gesture from KM. That reminded me of something - I am wrong to think of having many kids to remember me, which is a wrongful and unhealthy thought. Why seeking for quantity than quality? I must learn to manage my own expectation and treasure every little things.
This year, we tried to keep our family reunion dinner simple and easy, so we packed food and dine together. Don't need steamboat (which has a lot of leftovers) or eat out (expensive)
We decided to wear RED as our family tee - Looks like next year we can wear something like this to house-visit.
This year, I decided to pack some money into AngBao to my mother to wish her a physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
5th Feb 2019 - 1st Day of CNY
Wear my newly purchased shirt from G2000 for today 1st Day - Rarely I will buy a Maroon color (dark red) shirt and thanks to ZN's girl-friend who provides her lady's perspective. I like it because it fits me. But I felt that I look so old in this picture... Oh well.
At least, take a picture with my mother will change the focus point.
Once again, a cousin photo together after two/three years without, due to some issue. Even though during the house-visit, we rarely talked as my siblings and I just sat and watched TV. I know my cousins and us won't be as chatty as before. But at least this picture is the only moment which doesn't carry the past issue.
6th Feb 2019 - 2nd Day of CNY
Beside a new maroon shirt, I also bought a dark blue shirt and it really brings out my skin tone.
Second day was a tiring one... Because I stayed overnight (not for gaming) but some 'duty' which I needed to aid. Any, it was just a meh Wednesday, knowing tomorrow got to work and gained a lot of weight...

7th Feb 2019 - 3rd Day of CNY
During CNY, how can we miss out a simple lohei session? :) It was great to be part of the group and become a surprise party group for our school leader. Double celebration with fat fat. Really become Gong Xi FAT Cai!
8th Feb 2019 - 4th Day of CNY
Beside CNY celebration gatherings, we also used these days to have a farewell dinner with WC before return to his country. This was my first time to taste MALA dishes (we ordered middle spiciness) and it tasted hot and impressive!
9th Feb 2019 - 5th Day of CNY
Had been attending to non-stop feasting gatherings and gained a lot of weight.
So I spent some time with nature and did a fast pace hiking around MacRitchie.
Afternoon time, I spent time with the PV alumni at Mrs Y's place.
PV alumni and gathered at Mrs Y's house seemed like a yearly affair and it was great to maintain the bond with one another.
Feeling like we just met up like three months ago as the feeling was still fresh.
10th Feb 2019 - 6th Day of CNY
Besides Hiking, Swimming to meet up my group of swimming buddies (childhood friends) was a good way to catch up everyone.
After swim, followed by a lunch feast prepared from Mr L. I got food coma after that feast.
11th Feb 2019 - 7th Day of CNY
On the 7th day of CNY, it is named as 人日, Renri was the day human beings were created. So Happy Birthday to every visitors who read my humble nerdy blog.
12th Feb 2019 - 8th Day of CNY
EK arranged a blind date for me to know the two girls. They are wonderful and friendly but too bad... she has the 'spider (someone I secretly in-love)' feeling which I like... Too hard-to-catch, and another is friendly whom I need more time to warm up. Like what I had mentioned before... I rather have friends than strangers/enemies if I push my luck. Anyway, thank you EK for organising and treating us heavy dinner and desserts.
15th Feb 2019 - 11th Day of CNY
After Valentine's Day, time to manage my weight-gaining. (click here to read more)
16th Feb 2019 - 12th Day of CNY
I decided to celebrate my CNY days with my waifu, long time never take her out before my afternoon activity starts. (click here to read more)
I went for some house visit and yes, eat eat eat. We gathered and had LoHei and simple Lantan Quiz game.
Besides family photos, these were with friends :)
17th Feb 2019 - 13th Day of CNY
Sunday morning, I spent my time together with some elderly to prepare 50 packed meals for some voluntary work. :) What a well-spent morning. But ended up... we overcooked and had to pack back more than three-meals of rice home. I felt so full now in every opening of my fridge.
19th Feb 2019 - 15th Day of CNY
On the 15th lunar day, the moon was FULL and BRIGHT. Something positive :) Thank you Heaven.
Overall, I had been constantly eating during CNY and gained 5 kg! Oh well... A year once, so I will let it passed and maintain after.

The next morning, the sky shone a path and we are going towards the right direction.
Thank you everyone for walking with me in my life journey. Hope for many CNY in future.

Jeff

4 comments:

  1. Enjoying your CNY reunion; visiting and feasting. Catching up with relatives and childhood friends etc.Surprise that you gain so much weight over a short period of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right... I gained weight easily. :( that's bad...

      Delete

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog