Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Swimming - Jalan Besar Swimming Complex

Good Evening Blog,

Once again, I had pocket time for today and the meet-up (some blind date that my friend was trying to engage me with) was at Little India, so I decided to visit Jalan Basar Swimming Pool - one of the old swimming pools in Singapore. Oh yes, Uncle E wanted to pass me a set of cameras, what a thoughtful gesture. Thank you Uncle E.

To get to Jalan Besar swimming pool, the nearest station is Bendemeer. Just a 5 to 8 mins walk from the station to the pool.
It will be a short post and I can't go into detail but I will do my best.
Sunset is the best weather condition to swim because not too hot and bright enough to shine through the water.
Jalan Besar Swimming Complex! :)
Simple and plain layout
Nothing fancy here and a simple playground for kids. Those walls belong to the building for the car park zone. The pool feels like built within an empty space.
Look clean as other pools do. That's great.
Cubical toilet for changing and bathing - nice :)
A pool which hosts commuters who work nearby and have a quick swim.
I wonder who dares to sit on the second level alone. Only the dare one will for suntanning.
Interesting building structure - it looks like a bridge.
Overall, Jalan Besar Swimming Complex is a simple and quiet remote pool which will visit by commuters nearby and serious swimmers; as they know why they are here. It is unsuitable if you want to chill at that pool because you will be motivated to swim like the rest.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog