Saturday, July 18, 2015

Personal - my First Ice Skating Experience

Hi Blog,

Feeling feet-cold? Don't step on ice without a pair of ice staking shoes. Today I am on my way to JCube - The Rink for ice skating. 


I have never ice skating before. It is just like what I had mentioned in my previous post - I am not good in ice skating and need a lot of coaching. And I heard many stories/accidents happened while ice skating especially when you fell down on icy hard surface - bleeding like how you fell on the hard ground and the worst if your hands are laying outward and a skater passed by your fingers? Gross :( so have to be very careful when you are there.


Long queue ritual is a common sight especially when they have time slot in skating But the queue won't take long. Speaking about long, I admired the staff who exchange shoes for us, I can smell the stench (from hundreds shoes) at the corner and some customers hesitate which size he/she should wear or make thing difficult. Hope others can treat them with respect.


After getting the blade, seeking for empty locker was "fun", like you will seek out your favourite number, easily-remembered locker location, or even share locker with friends. $2 for a locker hmmm what a good investment to earn extra cash.


Due to most of us were first-timer, many of us still wondering which blaze is left or right? And how to bucket up? For me.... Hmmmm I will try.


Success in forcing myself to squeeze my feet in smelly blaze. So far so good, I can do a leg stand with one blade. Be aware! Don't touch the blade or use your finger to "feel" the bland-looking blaze! There are sharp and uneven small debits will pierce through your fingers like thorns. So don't try!


Haha. Our captain, Po wen gathered everyone and gave us some safety precautions briefing but I doubt anyone can hear his speech completely. It was too noisy.   


The whole place was divided into two zones - one for noobs and normal skaters and another one for skater who pay to learn skating. Speaking about ice-skating, I don't have any experience in skating at all. 

Here are the Pro - who already completed a round before I stepped in.
Pro guiding the first-timer.
Here are the scary cats sitting at the rest corner to settle our fear.
Okay! I finally have the courage to step on the slippery ice. My first BABY STEP.
So far, after 25 mins, I only managed to cover certain distance.
Based on the Pro, they told me to create a V footing formation, bend my knee and lean forward. But I get no where.... XD


Here are some of the rules while on ice and before ice, hmmmm.... too many words. SKATE (SKIP)!

If there is a pro doesn't mind coaching an uncle like me. Foreveralone...
Okay.... this is how much you will have to pay.... + rent of shoes + locker. Hmmm better bring around $18
Finally covered 1/2 of the court, another half to go.
I give up.... The skating shoes hurt my feet a lot and now my feet smell........ -.-'" 
Never forgot a Welfie! 
Hahaha busy playing with ice - put-ice-into-our-shirt game
WELFIE!

Hmmm in the end, I managed to skate slowly and developed my own way to balance myself - I pretended that I was holding an imaginary handle and looked forward then over-caring my footing. I don't mind trying it again :) NO incident happened to me but my cousin fell down hard on the ice and hurt his butt. So be careful everyone while you are skating especially first timer.

Jeff 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog