Saturday, August 17, 2024

Hiking - Revisit Keppel

Hi Blog,

Given that I am attending Gardeners Day Out at HortPark and having lunch at Funan, I will take advantage of the pleasant weather and explore with my new camera!

Err... This weather is a bit moody, but I'm sticking to my decision!!
I plan to perform a camera test to evaluate its performance against my previous model. Moreover, I intend to introduce my new camera into my regular explorations. Today's hike will serve as an opportunity similar to an exploration I undertook in October 2023.

Hmm... Even if it rains, the hike will carry on.
It's quite convenient; the photo sometimes shows me holding something.
It feels more natural not to hold anything.
The weather is gloomy, but it's expected to clear up soon.
Okay, Insta360, let's begin our journey to see something special right from this spot.
Yes, let's enter the forest from this point.
Oooo! It looked somehow different from my last visit.
Hey! Insta360, you've arrived just in time before nature completely consumed this abandoned motorbike.
This old banyan tree has lasted a long time and has protected the historical fencing underneath its large roots.
The gloomy weather made this place appear even more spooky.
But I know the way, and the weather will get better.
Take a photo naturally without holding a device in your hand.
I wish I had a more muscular body, but I should accept meh-self as I am.
This place made me feel like I truly belonged.
I love the forest because it wholeheartedly embraces me without passing judgment.
Clear and sharp images from Insta360 are a win!
I acknowledge that my photography skills require enhancement. Maybe I should utilize my phone to capture more visually appealing scenes, as my current approach seems stagnant. Too boring.
I guess I will learn more as I go along.
Hey look! Insta360, here is the Great Banyan Tree!
You can move around and check it out yourself.
Yes, insta360. Its roots also spread to another side. More to come.
You might find yourself lost if you walk through the roots sometimes.
I have some wild ideas sometimes.
Unfortunately, without a remote control, it's quite difficult to capture a photo with precise timing. I found it challenging to get your attention for a snap, even though I was standing right in front of you. The snap gesture often failed, especially in the shade. So I gave up. Haha 😂
Wanted to snap some more...
But I will return here again, Great Banyan. Wait until I am back with better instructions for my lost insta360.
The Insta360 camera struggles to detect gestures in low-light conditions. Even after enabling voice gestures, it still does not function well, especially in a forest with ambient noise.
However, its performance has never disappointed me.
Next stop, exploring Keppel reservoir.
It appeared that I wasn't the only one; a family had entered the forest to explore.
Beautiful tree shot of Heritage Kapok Tree
Easy found Air Raid shelter.
I wondered can it do well inside the dark...
Hmm... okay can't see much unless I carry out a torch.
I think I'll bring a flashlight for my next visit.
Alright, let's go up the slope.
Fortunately, the conditions were neither slippery nor muddy today.
The slope's angle is approximately 70 to 80 degrees.
When I reached the peak of the slope, things didn't really change.
While on my way to Keppel Reservoir, I encountered an obstacle—a fallen tree blocking the path. Now I'm trying to figure out an alternative route...
...ooo, once we managed to get past the fallen tree, everything seemed familiar again.
The grass in this area has grown quite wildly; I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up taller than me.
Aww... Check out this gorgeous, wild abandoned reservoir!
The stand at the reservoir is like a loyal guard who never takes a break.
Would you believe that many visitors take photos with this 'guard,' much like a royal guard?
My poses were quite similar and boring. Going forward, I plan to browse the internet and learn from various sources to get inspired.
Personally, I am only able to strike poses that resemble an explorer on the lookout.
Sooner, this place will be gone as more trees decide to go for a swim in the reservoir and future demolition.
Insta360, let me show you my favourite and dramatic tree here.
Here, I can relax and sunbathe under the shade of the tree.
But I can't stay here too long, the ants will take me as food.
See you, Keppel Reservoir. I will be back again. 👋
Let me bring Insta360 to explore the East side of Keppel Reservoir.
This part of the forest is quite large, I want to explore more and deeper next time.
To be honest, despite visiting a few times, I couldn't recall or recognize the path.
I can only rely on my sense of direction.
The forest looks increasingly disordered as time passes.
I just need to locate the key spot to determine my exact whereabouts, such as that large tree trunk that grows sideways.
At this junction, there are two interesting things: one option is to go up the stairs, and the other one is to explore the right side. Based on my previous exploration... the right path led me to...
I found "that wall".
wild idea began to float, providing a great backdrop for various scenes.
Based on my previous visit and credit B, it is a Retaining Wall.
Taking the left staircase will guide you to the Japanese Tomb.
Alright, I guess I should stop my hike for now.
Finding my path through this dense forest.
Fortunately, I am aware of the direction and do not allow myself to be distracted by the overgrown brush.
Beautiful noon
I need to purchase lenses for the Insta360 to enhance its photography capabilities.
Ring the bell to celebrate my exploration today
I was considering the limitations of the gesture shot feature from Insta360; it did not work ideally 100% of the time due to poor lighting conditions affecting its detection.
I know things will improve once the most important accessory arrives.
Today's hike was immensely enjoyable, and it left me feeling rejuvenated. Being closer to nature and away from the crowds gave me a much-needed boost. I plan to visit this place again, this time with the remote controller.

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog