Saturday, August 10, 2024

Product - Insta360 Ace Pro

Hi Blog,

You know, my camera was drowned when it took a plunge into the water. I feel bad for making it swim. At the same time, I knew it was on its days were numbered. I hope my camera won't take it the wrong way as if I murdered it. Since 2016, we have created many wonderful memories and experienced some challenges... So... this time, no more EX-FR100 (already discontinued), but I consider this new camera an upgraded version of my old one!

Even though I was on a tight budget this month, I decided to invest in a new camera. After watching numerous YouTube videos for research, I realised that the Insta360 GO2, which I purchased in 2023, did not meet my expectations, and I still prefer the features of the EX-FR100. The Insta360 Ace Pro has everything I need!
What made me choose the Insta360 Ace Pro? Was it the price, features, or specs? It's time for a non-professional review of a product. Don't worry, I won't go into detail describing the specs and functions.
After comparing prices online, I made a purchase from the unhelpful and unfriendly staff at Cathay Photo. It seems they don't value cheapo customers like me. So, I went in, asked for what I needed, paid, and got out.
After finding a comfortable spot, I couldn't resist opening the package to see the new upgrade.
The package contains the camera and simple accessories except for a micro SD card (I'll reuse the old one).
Some manual books and insta360 stickers
The most exciting thing about the entire purchase is the upgrade of my travel photographer, who will be witnessing every ugly side of me. Haha.
Check out my very first Insta360 Ace Pro photo with ZN! He seemed not impressed.
Last night, I spent my time browsing for accessories to purchase. Unfortunately, my wallet is thirsty now. Here's what I ended up getting for myself:

12/8/2024 - Screen protector needed for clumsy me.
12/8/2024 - Extra Non-OEM batteries
The batteries had some issues, so I was told to go directly to their warehouse to rectify the issue. I'm glad the friendly staff helped me and assured me that it has a one-year warranty, which is much appreciated.
14/8/2024 - A new, faster, and improved SD card.
15/8/2024 - The casing is rugged and robust, resembling a suit of armour.
19/8/2024 - OEM quick-release accessory for my tripod stand. The best in terms of price and quality.
FINALLY! THE MOST IMPORTANT ACCESSORY HAS ARRIVED!
19/8/2024 - The Insta360 remote control and the digital watch will be worn during all my hikes and jogs.
5/9/2024 - I got myself a new lens, which has a CPL and 10x zoom. The 10x zoom seems like it would be useful for taking close-up shots, although it doesn't seem like an actual zoom. As for the CPL lens, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference, except for darkening the amount of light so you can see the lamp properly.
10/9/2024 - To my surprise, WY has this Insta360 tripod/selfie stick, but he doesn't own an Insta360 at all. So he sold me this stick cheaply. 😄 I'm glad to have gotten it from him!

The recent upgrade of this camera is personally significant to me. When I first got my camera, the EX-FR100, I loved everything about it and was content with it for years. Instead of feeling a loss for my old camera, I now see it as an upgrade, which has changed my perspective and emotional response. This transition symbolizes the end of one chapter and the beginning of a journey toward personal refinement and renewal. I'm looking forward to the path ahead.

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog