Saturday, August 31, 2024

Blog - August Overview

Hi Blog,

After July, I had a clear aim for my life, but there were some unresolved backlogs, specifically relating to friendship. I will share in general, when meeting new people, we often encounter individuals who initially appear genuine and sincere. There’s a certain hope that this new connection could lead to something meaningful for one another, even though my past experiences have taught me to be cautious and I am also trying to understand that not everyone will have content to discuss besides personal objectives. Personally, opening up to someone new is always a gamble, but it's a risk we take in the hopes of forming a true bond.

Sometimes, however, the intentions of others can be a mix of friendship and something more. Even when I try to set boundaries and communicate my discomfort, the lines can get blurred. My hope to preserve a friendship often leads me to make concessions, even when, I know it might not end well.
After an encounter that involved crossing the line, the nature of the relationship changed, just as I had expected. The closeness we once felt began to fade, replaced by distance and fewer conversations. I feel regretful and blame myself for allowing things to reach this point, especially when I sensed and mentioned the potential for disappointment from the start, only to be dismissed by the other party. I feel like a fool because they could just exit easily since they already got what they wanted and affirmed that I am still that stupid person from the beginning.

1st Aug 2024 - Trisuit Theme #101
(Click here to read more)

2nd Aug 2024 - The weather was somewhat gloomy today, but fortunately, the lightning alert was lifted, and I got to be the first one in the swimming pool! Swimming seems to have a calming effect on me.

2nd Aug 2024 - I received a beard IPL treatment and was later treated to dinner by SKK, for which I am grateful; Although I'm a bit short on cash this month, the discount on the National Geographic bag was too tempting to pass up, and it completely matches my character. The bag I bought in Japan is falling apart, so this is my first time splurging on a branded one, hoping it will last.

3rd Aug 2024 - My weekends have been so packed lately that I barely find time for cycling, swimming, and especially hiking, which I miss greatly. I doubt anyone could understand this feeling - I wish for more time to pursue my interests, yet I remain dedicated to fulfilling my commitments.

4th Aug 2024 - We had planned a short hike in the morning because HY was eager to explore nature weeks ago, and I was supposed to attend an afternoon class today. However, Miss Sky decided to shower the ground, and HY lost interest in hiking as well. So, I met up with HY and YL for brunch, which led to some unintended weight gain. Yippee! *sarcasm implied*

6th Aug 2024 - Today was a joyful day for me, despite having to wake up early for work. The upside was leaving work early, enjoying an early swim, and catching some of Mr Sun's rays!

6th Aug 2024 - I have recently made the decision to give up one of my biggest hobbies - plants. I have always dreamed of growing toothy Nepenthes in my air-conditioned grow tent, maintaining a temperature of 21-24 degrees. Unfortunately, my dream plant didn't survive. This particular plant is Nepenthes singalana x hamata, one of the toothy neps which I didn't have much hope for. I believe in fate to guide me. Taking a photo of the moment keeps my dream alive.
7th Aug 2024 - The weather today seemed as moody as my own mood, but I pushed myself to go for a short jog on a different route and met up with JM for a brief dinner. Having a purpose helped me momentarily forget my troubles.

8th Aug 2024 - I am grateful to have a workplace where I can work joyfully with others. It's a dream I've had since the beginning of my career. It may have taken a while to come true, but it finally did. In addition to my family, my workplace has become my second family. I am hopeful that the third family I envision in my mission will also become a reality sooner...

9th Aug 2024 - Yippee a long weekend! I could go for a morning hike, but just as I got ready, Miss Sky decided to bless the Earth with rain. My morning hike got ruined, but at least, it rained earlier, so no need to shower during the National Day event.

9th Aug 2024 - Since I couldn't go hiking before my afternoon errands, I thought, why not hit up SKK's condo for a swim since it was nearby? I recently attempted an underwater shot after a long time, and I asked SKK for assistance. I taught him how to handle my camera in water, but unfortunately, my camera ended up with water leakage... It could not switch on anymore...

10th Aug 2024 - Unfortunately, my EX-FR100 (5th) is officially dead after being left overnight to dry. I've been anticipating this moment since the start of the year. Looking back to when I first got the EX-FR100 in 2016, I had to replace the same model in 2018 due to water rust and a cracked lens. I replaced it a third time, which lasted until February 2019 and got another one. I replaced it again for the fourth time after it spoiled in September 2019 due to a water issue. Now my fifth camera is dead due to water damage again! I have to let it go... from 2016 until now... what a long journey and many photos together. I miss it so much... I don't even have a good chance to use the accessories fully...

10th Aug 2024 - Feeling disappointed about a dead camera, I decided to lift my spirits by setting up the new grow tent I bought in February. The old one had issues with the zipper and rusty bars, so it needed to be replaced. 🤔 This also means I'll need to replace it every two years... I hope my plants will love it!

10th Aug 2024 - Insta360 Ace Pro
(Click here to read more)

11th Aug 2024 - More Yishun Forest
(Click here to read more)

11th Aug 2024 - After hiking with Elmo, we went to the Singapore Garden Festival. Initially, I planned to replace my deceased plants with a single new one. However, I found an irresistible offer and ended up purchasing two mini plants that I could hang inside my newly set up grow tent. I want to sincerely thank Elmo for the free admission ticket, his assistance in taking a spontaneous photo, and his contributions to photos of the garden and plants he's getting as well.

13th Aug 2024 - I took my new camera to my usual swimming pool and tried taking photos similar to the ones I used to take with my old camera. The Insta360 camera has an ultra-wide mode that distorts the surrounding area, but fortunately, I can switch it to a less wide mode, and the pictures I take turn out much sharper and better quality compared to my old camera. However, I miss the remote control feature of my old camera, the EX-FR100, which made it easy for me to take pictures. For now, I have to manually take pictures using the timer function. I'm hoping that the online purchased remote controller for Insta360 Ace Pro arrives soon.

14th Aug 2024 - Swimming Theme #8
(Click here to read more)

16th Aug 2024 - I noticed my swimming trunk had dried up, and with fewer swimmers around, I decided to wear it again to complete some of the incompleted themed shots previously. I'm not accustomed to taking pictures without a controller. I wish the remote for my new camera would arrive sooner. However, I really appreciate the high quality of the photos taken with the new camera. Don't you think so?

17th Aug 2024 - Revisit Keppel
(Click here to read more)

18th Aug 2024 - I really don't like swimming in a pool filled with children because there's no space for actual swimming. Even the practice pool is filled with adult training, leaving only two lanes for continuous swimming. Anyway, I'm not complaining because someone with an untoned body like me has no position to complain. I simply need to get used to the judgmental stares and disgusted expressions. I no longer have the energy to care.

21st Aug 2024 - It has been a while since we last watched a movie together. We went to see Deadpool and Wolverine, a violent, humorous, and action-packed film, making it memorable for 2024. In the end, though, I felt it was a waste of a villain.

22nd Aug 2024 - This was the first time I took my Insta360 for a jog to test the remote controller. It appears that the remote controller takes about 30 seconds to sync before use, unlike my previous camera which would auto-sync upon switching on. However, taking pictures is no different from my previous camera, offering an even higher definition.

24th Aug 2024 - One Rainy Path
(Click here to read more)

25th Aug 2024 - My elder brother treated me to a haircut at our friend's salon, Kimnison Studio. Having been a regular at traditional barbershops for many years, I was initially sceptical about visiting a salon. To my pleasant surprise, Kimnison Studio offered a clean environment and a relaxing ambience. The male hairdresser (our friend) took the time to ask about my preferred hairstyle and provided helpful advice based on his experience. He also pointed out that many barbers I’ve been to in the past struggled with styling my hair, which made his suggestions even more valuable. What stood out to me was the level of care. He made sure the temperature was comfortable while blow-drying my neck and washing my hair. The staff here are not only skilled but also genuinely attentive to their customers' needs. Overall, it was a very satisfying experience and I will definitely return. To be honest, I am not comfortable with or used to short hairstyles.

26th Aug 2024 - Today's swim was scheduled with Raj. He has always wanted to go to the Bedok North Hometeam swimming pool, but he needs motivation or encouragement to make the entire trip. In addition to teaching him how to swim, I attempted to finish my swimming theme.

29th Aug 2024 - This year's Teachers' Day celebration theme was "Crazy Rich Asians - Emerald and Gold." I am not a rich person and never will be. The general idea of a rich guy attending fancy parties and important meetings is to appear important and smart, so they will suit up. I had to improvise because I didn't have a bow tie (Look), pocket square (Wealth), or lapel pin (Statue). I used a tie to make a bow tie, which ended up looking like a big clown bow tie. I used my cycling headband as a pocket square, which worked out. Finally, I asked my mother for a pin and found an SIA pin to pretend I was someone important, which I am not. When they asked me about my inspiration for this attire, my reply was that I dream of being a rich person... someone rich inside. In front of me were the real rich people, the guests. I guess they just laughed at the joke. But really, on that day, people thought that I was getting married! 😂

31st Aug 2024 - Today, I spontaneously volunteered for a cosplay event because it was close to my home. I'm grateful to A for agreeing to accompany me and to J for taking some great photos, particularly of me with the bike. Loving it! :D

August was indeed well spent, don't you agree?

Jeff


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hahaha thnk you Tristan :D I am glad you see what I see

      Delete
  2. 有志者,事竟成。May you realise your envision really soon. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you for your kind word. I am glad you finally didnt remove your comment.

      Delete

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog