Saturday, August 24, 2024

Hiking - One Rainy Path

Good Morning Blog,

If I have a free Saturday morning, I'll go hiking to try out my new camera. However, I've been asked to stay at my sister's house to help her sort through her housing applications.

Unfortunately, Miss Sky chose to shower the earth this morning.
After checking the weather patterns, the heavy rain appeared to be concentrated over the Indonesian islands and south of Singapore. Considering this, should I proceed with a hike??

I suppose... I will resume my sleep!
After ten minutes, I stepped outside and pushed myself to go on the hike.
The sky is gloomy, yet there's a gentle rain falling.
What a fascinating tunnel; based only on the image and with prior knowledge of the time, one can determine what time it is here. There are lights in this tunnel all the time.
The underground pipeline has a clear path close to my sister's house.
But I will just walk normally.
and after that, I prepared myself using the most recently purchased Ace Pro quick-release.
Let's start the hike here
Oops, I clicked on the sky and ended up, brightening the whole sky like it's cloudless.
Some "ruins" along Pipeline Trail Head which I don't know what are these for.
It was perfect, in my opinion, for a photo shoot scene; I was considering dressing up like a superhero, but there were a lot of people around because a new building was being built. I believe that the Pipeline Trail will stay this way for a very long time.
Why so? Due to these underground pipes that are concealed, water is transported from Malaysia for filtration and then returned to them. (Or perhaps I am speculating; I do not know)
Oh no, the fear that stood in front of me... MUD!
And many more! I had to climb along the side like a Spiderman to entertain the nearby construction workers who were taking a break.
Finally a mid-break session of the muddy path
So I could pause and take in the surrounding natural beauty.
Staring into the sewage and wondering what would happen if the entrance was not caged in. Who is going to reside there?
We still have a long way to go, so let us continue on our journey.
The 'Alien' cave where the bats congregate.
The odour was so strong that it completely upset my stomach.
I noticed a leashed dog waiting by a closed gate, so I opened it to let it through before continuing on my hike.
This structure is located on one of the highest peaks along the Pipeline Trail.
I'm sure the night sky here is stunning. Perhaps I should attempt a night hike in this area.
Wow, a new manhole cover! I adore its perfect round shape.
Oh dear... I recall opening the gate to let the leashed dog pass... then a concerned owner with five dogs enquired if I had seen a dog... I indicated the direction the dog had gone... she quickened her pace to pursue it... Oh dear... What have I done... :(
The weather also got upset with me...
More dog owners have begun to appear; it seems they are volunteers for a dog shelter. I hope she can find the lost dog so it doesn't become abandoned once more...
Based on what I know of the path, if the dog hadn't stopped walking, it would have been impossible to find it again... unless someone had managed to grab its leash before it ran off... Feeling bad...
Oh well... I keep hearing "smart-advice" voices in my head telling me that I should not have opened the door to let the dog pass through, especially when I saw a leashed dog, which means that it MUST BE with an owner, or that I should just hold on to it while I wait for the owner; since the dog ran off, I should take some of the blame for my ignorance. When I want to defend my decision to open the gate because the dog might need to use it to get home, and if I take the leash from an unidentified dog, do I have to wait for its owner to come get it or am I even aware that the owner is right behind it?
Sorry, but even though I tried to explain, I was unable to do so because I was still making excuses and refusing to acknowledge that I was at fault. (my sister and I had a discussion last night. We approached or viewed certain issues differently. Sure, I believe that her approach is very effective, but I also have concerns, so I did not follow through on it, which was seen as me being a stubborn person who does not accept responsibility for my mistakes. She was also upset with me because I had not changed at all over the years.) Oh well, I apologise for the torrential flow of content on my blog. It was an open wound over an existing one. I will try to revise this again.
Sigh, I must continue on my journey.
It is funny that they were attempting to prevent anyone from crossing this stream of water using the side platform. The bridge was thankfully clear of debris.
My feet will get soggy if there is no bridge.
Thanks Heaven
And credit to those who cleared this for us
Alright, let's move on!
I had to move quickly because the sky was becoming moodier.
I noticed that these kinds of signs are everywhere in this area. What exactly is inside this zone, I wonder? As I am aware that it is an army training ground and am hoping there are no ruins, I will not be covering it for the time being.
One more high slope to conquer
Getting moodier! From the colour of the sky, I will step into the rain zone.
I was suspicious of this steep slope. Will there be an underground "something" to handle the water through the lengthy pipelines based on the height? It appears unnatural.
Completed, marking the end of the pipeline trail's first section.
I want to continue further but...
This is where I ended my walk because it was starting to rain.
I have never hiked in the rain in a long time, but it is time to return.
The day was half wet, but it was cooling.
I had a relaxing and fun hike, even though there were some emotional hiccups, which I will look into. 
Since my main goal was to test my camera and take it with me wherever I go.
I enjoyed the peaceful and beautiful Pipeline Trail. I plan to return for a longer hike to fully appreciate the natural beauty. My camera captured every moment perfectly.

Jeff


2 comments:

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog