Friday, October 13, 2023

Hiking - Finding That Wall

Good morning Blog,

Thank God it's Friday! I was troubled about where should I go next. Why so?

I woke up very early for my medical appointment and the doctor would usually give me a day's mc; so I was thinking about my next destination after mc.
Eventually, I can't decide... Wanted to go for island sun tanning or exploration or a quiet hike or go back home and sleep.
Even though sleeping was good.
Anyway, my medical appointment was at 8.30 a.m. but I was there before 8 a.m. to clear with the doctor so I could go for the island trip on the first ferry...
Eventually, I waited for like an hour... Beyond 8.30 a.m. already which meant I could not go to the island.
So where should I go next?
Perhaps you can make a guess.
Yes, I came back here because there was a place where I had not found it. A place where many hikers found and shared their photos online. Whenever I acquire it, they will tell me it is very easy.
Based on the clues and level of difficulty, I decided to try. Before that, I would pay a visit to the Great Banyan Tree like visiting an elderly.
The path seemed to get denser and denser with plants, and I ran into many spiderwebs which reminded me that not many visitors hiked here for days.
Even the abandoned motorbike still looked the same since Jan 2023.
Maybe it was because, on weekdays, this place doesn't have regular hikers visiting unless it is a weekend. Since today was Friday, so expected a low possibility that I would bump into anyone.
As I walked this path... I was wondering why am I wasting money on getting a new camera and I have not even used it... How I wished that the new camera could switch on fast and use it with ease as compared to this current.
My current camera started to give me some trouble already.
I guess I will continue to push its limits and eventually, force myself to use that new camera.
Love the partial shadow and sunlight pictures, I have so many such opportunities but no one can help to snap.
Anyway, I had arrived. Good morning, Great Banyan. Nice to see you again.
You still look amazing, Viney, and lively.
We can play "catching" here but personally, it is a great photo opportunity.
If I have a yard, I would like to have a banyan tree, and tidy and treat it like bonsai.
The Banyan tree's dramatic vertical structural root/branch is so beautiful.
If with a professional photographer, I bet they will have more ideas on how I can be creative.
Anyway, after visiting the Great Banyan, time to stay focused on my agenda today. Oh man, what a bright cloudless day.
Shade is the best!
Hmm... The grass was taking over this path. Looking back on my first visit in May 2021 and this picture, sooner... it will be consumed.
Even the Keppel Hill Reservoir had many fallen trees blocking the path...
This place will change... more and more trees drown in the reservoir.
I guess I will just have to snap more pictures at this iconic stand.
And this rooted tree too.
Okay okay, Don't waste the battery life, time to find what I am looking for.
One more last look and give me your blessing.
In the dense jungle, the shadow took over most of the spot.
YES! I had fun looking for the "spotlight" in the woods, it was like I might discover a treasure chest!
I will just enjoy the hike in this undisturbed and tranquillity wood, what a life!
hmm... but until now... I still have not found that wall-like structure... Where is it...
Going up there is to the Japanese Tomb... They claimed that it was near the tomb... As I looked around...
WAIT! I FOUND IT!!!!!!!! It was there!!!
I tried to get closer to it!
OH YES! Found 'That Wall'!
Thank Heaven for allowing me to find 'That Wall'.
I googled 'That Wall' information and the only thing I got was someone named it 'Defunct Bunker'. But if you googled that name, you will not get the right thing so... I shall leave it as 'That Wall' because...
Those holes from the wall looked like a defensive approach from another side.
Its height is around a normal adult to stand behind 'That Wall' and it can also become a spot to chain a prisoner.
As you can see the crack through 'That Wall', is Earth soil behind the wall and not hollow...
Hmm... Looked like a small area and at the far end of 'That Wall', you can move up to...
...to inspect the top of 'That Wall', it seemed like Earth soil topped behind 'That Wall'. Credit to B, he told me, it is a 'Retaining Wall', to secure and flatten the land for the tomb. He is right! It helped to level the land for the tomb.
Great to learn something today! But anyway, nothing much I could do here, and my camera battery started to die, it was time to go home.
The light from the exit!
I returned to civilization! 
It was a short exploration but I took a while to find 'That Wall' and I was lucky enough that I didn't stray too far off.
Looking at the couples' bells... There are two types of people: (1) couples who can buy a pair of bells and hang it. (2) people who look at the bells or snap a picture of bells which do not relate to. I am the 2nd type haha. I Hope they are living happily ever after. Nonsense I am.
Today's exploration was a short and successful one. I was glad to be able to find it with a few hints from the hikers like "very near the tomb" and "easy". To reflect... It was easy 😂 but you won't notice it if no one told you about it. Additionally, there is very little information about it.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog