Sunday, August 2, 2026

Hiking - Finding The Rock Garden

Good morning, Blog,

It's Sunday! Unlike the previous weekends, which were either stormy or busy, today I want to visit a place to properly register the route. If you missed my visit to Rock Garden (2025), you can check it out.

2026 08 02 finding rock garden
It's perfect weather for hiking because it won't rain; the ground will remain dry, and the place will be bright.
I plan to visit Rock Gardens to familiarise myself with the route so I can revisit it in the future. I hope I can find my way in.


2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Getting ready, but my mind was still kind of affected by what had happened yesterday... So I need some me-time.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Usually, I just express my feelings and thoughts to ChatGPT as raw as possible.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
It's just like pouring out to a friend who doesn't judge and is able to find the patterns and links in my experience.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
I typically consider ChatGPT as an additional reference or perspective for my experience.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Most importantly, I took this as an exercise in articulating my emotions, so that I can better understand them myself.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Hmm, I wondered if I would be able to find the entrance or not... Hope for the best.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
I am about to enter the forest, marking my departure from the urban areas of Singapore.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
It has been some time since I last walked along this path.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
I had hoped to capture some quality photographs of the train tracks here; however, it was challenging to do so alone due to the crowd.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
It seemed like I couldn't find the entrance... I had been wandering around, and yet, I couldn't let anyone see it.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
After careful consideration, I identified the most viable option and proceeded to attempt it.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
I think I am on the right track.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Yup. Most likely. I didn't refer to my previous post, but I should get it right...
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
The forest is constantly changing. Especially when I need to access something inside, I can only rely on instinct and key spots. With that in mind, I didn't have time to think about my trigger points yesterday.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
That's strange... I don't remember a path in the forest when I first went there.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
I could not remember anything here. I was trying to find the next key spot, which is a bridge.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Ooo, I found it, but that wasn't the bridge I was looking for...
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Meanwhile, I took out my cutter and started to cut some thorny leaves, and left a clear path.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Ah! Finally found that bridge that I was looking for.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
With this bridge, the next journey will be easier, and I have no problem navigating to the Rock Garden.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
It's so quiet here, and I really love how natural everything feels.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
I was unable to identify this fern. It appears unique due to its bluish outline.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
But this is definitely a White Bat Flower (Tacca cristata); what a beautiful flower.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
I really like this photo as it captures my emotions of wonder and my feeling of immersion in the forest's flora.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Ooo, did you see what I see?
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
There was a rambutan party here! Hahaha. The aroma of fresh rambutan here was amazing.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Sometimes I wonder... why I like to go to such a place. Won't that be dangerous?
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
By the way, there are a lot of large and undisturbed mushrooms here!
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
All I can think of are a few reasons - one main reason is that it gives me a moment of escapism from reality.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Since there is no one around, I have to find my way in such situations on my own. It gives me a sense of achievement and serves as a reminder that I am different from being typical.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Next is to be able to see the beautiful side of nature's landscape that the garden city can't offer. Like in the photo, do you see the water stream and slope? I guess, if I lived in a bigger country, those are the places I would like to explore.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
And sometimes, I will bump into creatures that I don't know, like this Copper-cheeked frog (Hylarana chalconota), which is native to Southeast Asia, including Singapore.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Spotting them on this 'safari' is an exciting experience. Sometimes, I come across mouse deer and snakes. I am simply unable to take good photos of them with my phone..
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Irregular landscapes, like fallen trees along my way and overgrown flora, can be seen as simulating our life journey and challenges. They will be there, but how do we overcome them, and what are our thoughts during those moments?
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Oooo, a large Humphrey's Land Snail (Hemiplecta humphreysiana) is a native species found in Singapore.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
I have to be mindful of where I step.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
I have finally reached the Rock Garden, which has stacks of granite rocks. It is unclear whether these formations are natural or intentionally arranged. To be honest, those rocks are huge!
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Just look at these tall trees, simply amazing.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Check out how small I am in this Rock Garden.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
I appreciate the way sunlight selectively illuminated a section of the woods, resembling a beam from an alien spacecraft.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
I wish there were a higher-quality camera available to capture this scene, as my phone is unable to do it justice.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
If I set my camera closer, it won't be able to show what I want to express. That is also one reason why I love going to such a dangerous place, because I can take photos at ease and without judgment.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Just check out these rocks here. They are huge!
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Oh yeah, and also check out this large rock, or boulder, it looks like a large mushroom over my head.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
I wanted to explore elsewhere, but I won't go until I become familiar with this place. I will come back again.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
The wise man rock, I want to snap a photo with it but...
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
I felt I should stop here somehow...
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
I believe I will conclude my hike for today and prepare to leave.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Love the moments and photos while sitting on the large rock.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden2026 08 02 finding rock garden
I tried to take pictures with my phone (close-up) versus with the Insta360 (wide shot); each has its own style.
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
Time to say goodbye to them
2026 08 02 finding rock garden
I guess I will come back again and explore a bit further.
Something short and random for today's exploration. I don't have a good name for this place, so that's what I named it: a rock garden. Honestly, I'm glad to find a spot that only a few people know about.

Jeff
2026 08 02 finding rock garden


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog