Monday, August 10, 2026

Hiking - Facepalm Wrong Forest

Hi Blog,

I am glad there is a public holiday, and I can go for a short hike. I wanted to explore Maju Forest (if you missed my first exploration, you may check here: 2021 - Maju Forest & The Jurong Railway Hike), which is set to be developed, angering many Singaporeans. (news)

2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Since there has been no rain these days, it is perfect for exploration!
I don't know why... I was thinking of exploring Maju Forest before it was gone, but somehow... I ended up going to the wrong forest... My Facepalm moment... (If you'd like to revisit my previous posts on the wrong forest I visited, you may check this out: 2022 - Dover Forest & Dover Forest Part 2, 2023 - Easter Dover Trees)


2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Same colour again, but a different suit. Maybe I should rotate as I hike.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
I have blue, black, grey, red, white, and lastly other random colours: maybe I wear them in this sequence for hiking and jogging - blue, red, black, grey, white, then other random colours.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Wearing a top over my trisuit is the only way to make the public feel comfortable.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
I arrived and witnessed that the construction is underway to remove the forest.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
But my tummy started to move... So I felt like my tummy felt like a perfect moment.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Not sure if it is safe to enter the forest while construction is ongoing, but as long as I stay in the portions where they aren't working, it should be fine.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Ah, it should be fine!
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Today's weather didn't seem very bright, and yet, it won't rain anytime soon.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Not sure why, but I felt some weird feeling when I looked at these tall plants...
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
As they are quite thick, they are completely different from what I could remember since 2023...
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
I paused for a while at this and somehow decided to trust my gut.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
As there is no clear marker here, it is difficult to determine the position.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
One thing is for sure: it is a small forest, and I have no fear of bashing through the woods; I will be fine eventually.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Most people will think this is a grasshopper, as I did; however, it is a cricket whose name I can't recall instantly.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Back to the hike: so far, I can manage the path here.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Ooo, I spotted something unique - there is a log stab in the tree trunk, fused together like an infected wound.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Somehow, as I entered deeper, the tall foliage covered my track...
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
There are too many distractions.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Ooo, I love this part of the forest—the bamboo forest.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Which makes a very nice scenery, and check out how massive it is.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Very dramatic
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
The spacing between one bamboo and another creates just the right spacing for a photo.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
It appears to be an entrance created from a bamboo wall.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Oh no, whatever you are looking at right now—that is the situation: thick foliage... I was kinda of lost.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
I noticed some damaged plants, which indicates that someone had been here recently.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Several large trees remain robust in this area. I hope they are preserved even if development occurs.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
I also see some big plants here; too bad I can't take them back to grow...
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Looking at all those vines really sparks my imagination.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
And there are a lot of them, which shows how robust and long-standing this forest has grown.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
I have so much thoughts right now...
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Check out this clean skeleton leaf.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
I got a bit lost and didn’t know where I was, but it’s kind of exciting like a new adventure!
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
It can be scary for many people because there are numerous unique bird sounds and the rustling of leaves suddenly indicates that animals are running away from me.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Ah! Found that well!
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
They are still intact and have less debris.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
But the unlucky one will be this tree... It is covered with a lot of foliage, so I cannot take a good picture of it anymore...
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Here, it used to show clearly how the banyan or parasitic plants spread around a tree, but now it is blocked by newly growing and fallen plants.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Oops, I forgot to set my camera to portrait mode to show you how beautiful this plant is, not focusing on this eyesore person.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Yes! Yippee! Found it! My favourite graceful banyan tree! I shall name it Lady Banyan.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Why is it called Lady Banyan? Its remarkable roots resemble a flowing dress, and it maintains a graceful, elegant posture.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Lady Banyan is definitely one of the tallest trees here.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
It looks small in size compared to the eyesore.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Want me to show you illusion?
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
This is the actual size of Lady Banyan.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Just look how small I am in front of Lady Banyan and its massive root system.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
I feel I should visit her regularly, and that  reminded me of the Great Banyan Trees (2023 - West Side of Keppel Hill) and the Tree Shrine (2022 - Hidden Tree Shrine).
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
I still need to find one more tree, but I don't know where it is.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
I had to attend another program, but I plan to return for the third tree, wearing a different trisuit next time.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
I realised... I lost my way out and could not find the clear path, so I had to bash through the forest...
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
I think it's safer to make some more markings next time, to avoid losing my way... That explained why I felt weird before I entered or something else.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Finally, I made it through a different exit, but after thinking it through, I understand what the weird feeling at the start was about: I went to the wrong forest! I was supposed to go to Maju Forest, but I ended up going to Dover Forest...
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
Oops, I didn't realise I got a long scratch after exiting the forest. I was too careless.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
I sustained an injury, but fortunately, I did not get any deep cut and mosquito bites. The mosquito repellent cream appears to be highly effective.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
I continued with my next program to help out at ZN's new house. Meanwhile, I took some time to reflect, as I arrived early. Hmmm, I wondered why I mistook Dover Forest for Maju Forest... and only realized it after I completed it. I guess it's the excitement and joy of exploring.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
I think the construction going on at Dover Forest made me think it was Maju Forest. I have only been to Maju Forest once, so I don't have a stronger impression of it than of Dover Forest.
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest
But it was tiring and enjoyable hike.
Since the SG Government has many plans due to economic or political reasons, over which common people like us have zero influence, I can only embrace every single moment while they are still around before they become mere memory shards. For my fellow readers, if there are any, try to experience it before they are gone.

Jeff
2026 08 10 hiking in my blue trisuit to explore Dover Forest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog