Hi Blog,
On Sunday morning, I was resting on my bed, reflecting on the movie I had watched yesterday. I had too many thoughts in my head, and I thought it would be better to spend the energy hiking than lying in bed reflecting.
 |
| Looking like a great morning for hiking! |
I quickly got ready and wondered where I should explore this time. I decided on Bukit Brown since I needed to head to Planter Market after my hike, so it made sense to choose something simple and nearby.
It seems I have a fondness for Bukit Brown, as you can read about in more detail from my past visits shared here:
Bukit Brown Cemetery Visit (2021), Bukit Brown Cemetery Visit II (2021), Find the Third Car (2021), Mount Pleasant Cemetery (2021), Two Red Hikes (2022), Failed Urbex (2022), Failed Urbex Restored (2022), Bummer Hike to Bukit Brown (2022), Rainy Brown (2022), 2023 First Hike (2023), 2025 First Hike (2025)
|
| My mind was a bit mixed after the movie, a little emotional; I was wondering why... |
|
| I took my time to pack my bag and reminded myself to get a water bag. |
 |
| Time for a hike and reflection. |
 |
| Hmm... Why did the weather look different at the moment I stepped out? |
 |
| I just heard some roaring up in the sky… Should I head back? |
 |
| It seemed like the sky was about to be consumed by dark clouds... |
 |
| Hmm... The clouds were not the heavy, dark ones, so it should be fine for a bit of rain. |
|
| I will need to find another way to get to this place to start my Bukit Brown hike, as the entrance was blocked by tall plants; fortunately, the drainage width hasn't changed. |
 |
| Let's go! |
 |
| Familiar route as usual. |
|
| Somehow, there are changes here, with more yellowish plants. Are they planning to cover this path? |
|
| The new structure is starting to age, and it seems like some people are maintaining it (maintaining the grass). Once I get a better drone, I will take pictures here again. |
|
| Okay, should I try the left path or the usual right path? |
|
| I shall try the left path because I went there in 2022; let's see what is new. |
 |
| Ooo, I didn't see this before. Yeah, true, Bukit Brown is a closed cemetery. |
 |
| And it's a dead end. I know that if I continued on and took a left turn, pushing through the overarching trees, I would return to a main road. For now, I will turn back and continue my exploration. |
|
But it seemed like it was going to rain.
|
 |
| Making Bukit Brown into Bukit Black. |
 |
| Either I continued or just ended my hike... It made no difference... |
 |
| And it started raining. |
 |
| Am I expecting that? Well, I do, but not so soon... |
 |
| It seemed that Bukit Brown had some visitors on that day, and the rain didn't deter them from completing the ritual. |
 |
| One side was pouring rain, and the other side was all bright and sunny. I hope the rain will be a short one. |
 |
| The rain started to fall more heavily. Should I worry about it? |
|
| There are many trees around me, but I don't hear any lightning, so I will be safe. |
 |
| I can only hope for the best. Praying hard. |
 |
| The rain really helped calm my emotions. |
|
| I tried to identify my feelings as two: hope and grief, after viewing the movie "Disclosure Day". |
 |
| It seemed like the rain had started to reduce. |
|
| The feeling of hope arises from my belief that humanity may not be the only intelligent creation. From my understanding of various religions, God's creation is much larger than just Earth, which does not threaten anyone's faith. In fact, it makes the concept of creation feel even more magnificent. When I see this idea represented in a story or movie, it makes me feel validated. |
|
| Another aspect is grief. Why do I grieve? Because the movie/story is fictional; however, the truth about how the world works is hidden from ordinary people. History shows that governments sometimes keep secrets for legitimate reasons, sometimes for national security, and sometimes because of mistakes or politics. |
 |
| If humanity were to discover tomorrow that we are not alone in the universe, would that diminish the concept of God? My answer is a resounding no. Imagine standing on a mountain at night. A child might think there are only a few stars in the sky. But then someone hands him a telescope. The sky hasn’t changed; his understanding has. That's how I imagine such a discovery. If God is the Creator, then discovering more of creation doesn't necessarily reduce Him—it can deepen our sense of awe. |
 |
| Just as God loves all the plants in the forest and not just roses, I believe that He cherishes everyone/thing equally. This perspective makes me feel lonely because not many people see things the way I do or are willing to adopt this viewpoint. |
|
| Oh well, just like most of my hikes, I do them alone. I love how nature humbles me and teaches me so much more. When the sun starts to shine, I know I am on the right path. |
 |
| After I got home, dark clouds returned. Thank you, Mr Sun, for the brief moment of sunshine. |
It was a short hike during which I took the opportunity to reflect and sort through my thoughts and emotions. It wasn't as exciting as my previous hike, and since it rained, I couldn't explore more areas. I hope everyone has a great weekend and takes the time to watch that movie—I’d love to share my perspective. While many people criticise the movie's flow, which I agree has several plot holes, I still think it’s worthwhile.
Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment
Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.
if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog