Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Personal - Time Stone - Autunite

Hi Blog,

Time Stone is my last stone to close my Infinity Stones Collection. Green fluorescent mineral is easily found but I had a few bad purchases journey...

My first purchase Hyalite with a beautiful crystal bubble
I wonder how it will look like under UV light
I tried the big UV torch, it flooded with strong hue and now snapped with a pair of safety goggles. the pathetic green fluorescent...
Use my Convey 2+ but the green fluorescent seemed pale...
It seemed like my journey for Time Stone will extend... In one of my Short-Wavelength Lamp purchase (link) random minerals, there is one Green fluorescent mineral!

Willemite from Franklin, New Jersey. WOW!
Let's try with the Short-wavelength lamp!

Look at how impressive the short-wavelength to show the Green Fluorescent property!
OH MAN! WOW! The short-wavelength does bring out its intensity! Amazing!
Let's try Willemite with the Long-wavelength torch.

Hmmm... That's weird... It doesn't fluorescent fully... 
If I want to have a long-wavelength Infinity Stones collection, I need a "FULL" fluorescent minerals.
So I bought one Willemite and boy, my worst nightmare...

It is a big rock!
Errr... Way too big for Infinity Stones...
Hope it will fluorescent fully.
Errr... Oh man...
Big and not "full" - rejected!
Disappointed... I found one which I hesitated of getting it... it is Autunine because that mineral which has green fluorescent property and used as an uranium ore, will emit radioactive wave and they are very expensive. Just 20mm size of it can cost nearly US$50 and I need at least above 30mm. I guess it will be my last stone, let do it!

When it arrived... It was broken... It is a fragile mineral.
No choice but to glue it. I have to be careful handling this mineral and hope it will hold.
I tested it with my UV torch and the outcome from Autunine is Impressive.
Perfect to be a Time Stone!
Time stone - Autunite
because Autunite is a radioactive mineral, after handle it, I need to wash my hand. I remembered I hold it while it shows its fluorescent effect. I feel my fingers got scalded.

Did you see my fingertip (slightly darken) got scalded?
I can feel the power of Infinity Stones! COMPLETED!

Jeff

~Infinity Stones Journey~
A Display Box
1st stone spiked the journey
Short-Wavelength Lamp
Soul Stone - Hackmanite
Mind Stone - Wernerite
Space Stone - Gypsum
Power Stone - Calcite
Reality Stone - Ruby
Time stone - Autunite
All Stones Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog