Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Hiking - Just Me

Hari Raya Puasa Blog,

Today is a public holiday and Hari Raya Puasa to all the Muslims around the world. Thanks goodness there is a day break during the month of June and we are blessed by a sunny morning; perfect day to go for a hike.

But somehow... I feel rather lonely... I realise... there is hardly anyone who wants to hike with me anymore. Why so? Either they are tired and nothing interests them, or I will only make their hiking experience worse. Oh well... To be honest, I try to observe the voices surrounding me, are voices of my friends giving empty promises like "Must ask me to hike, I will confirm go with you.", "I got motivated to hike, please bring me with you.", "let's explore Singapore together."

But now... I am all alone... because time to time, they just ignore or last min cancellation... which I reserved my time to, and then I have to carry a unworthy title to hike and try to heal myself.
Because one feedback hit me quite hard...
Today I decided to explore Old Bukit Timah Railway Station again, as there is a pavement ahead. You can check out my previous hikes (here and here) there and it went through so much changes. Strange enough... The place has changed but my emotion has not... based on my previous posts... I am still facing the same issue.
Miss Cloud is here to accompany me. :) Thank you Miss Cloud
Let's explore this path together
This railway is going through a Murnane Pipline Project since 2016
A long path stretches from point to point, once it completed, I can start from Tanjong Pagar Railway to Kranji :D
The moment of quietness is healing me... Even when I am alone... I am not alone.
It seems like they have built a path along the piping (left side)
Sometimes I have to learn to see the bright side of the situation
At least, I am still working out and be independent. If others have the time to join me, then I still welcome them with an open arm.
Seeing the construction makes me learn something... When a major construction is in process, rain or shine, they will continue their work to build for a better good even when it is inconvenient for others.
I guess so. Inconvenient is one thing but...
Persistent is what I can learn from such situation. I uphold my passion and spend my time into my free work-outs, I do it for myself, not for others.
Thanks Miss Cloud accompanying, talking to me and...
Map out my path ahead. :) Thank you.
A simple and short hiking today, nothing much but at least I got healed.

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeffrey I would like to join you especially to the places that I had not been before. If the hike is not too long and if I can manage without pain and if the weather is not too hot.Life is always a journey with ups and downs. Be positive and the result will always be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes uncle Jimmy. I had explored that new place and still under renovation. Will ask you along once it is done :)

      Delete

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog