Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Plants - SG VFT Survivor Clones - 5th Update

Hi Blog,

It was an emergency update for my VFT... Something wrong happened to them. To be honest... I have this mixed feeling towards this issue...

Sigh... Feeling lousy and useless...
First - Disappointed on myself why my curse comes back again??? Second - Confused and Depressed. If you have followed my update, there was NO sign of stress or whatever... (last update was end of June) and within two - three weeks difference, things started to turn sour. Third - Angry. I showed to the seller, D, letting him know that mine isn't growing well, but he claimed that I SHOULD UPDATE HIM IMMEDIATELY WHEN I SEE SIGNS OF DIFFERENCE IN GROWTH! Then add in the problem was the increase of algae growth on the soil media. He was right, but what else can I do to avoid this uncontrollable factor... Forth - Helpless. He suggested that I should buy a new moss to replace the current one; but that meant I need to squeeze my budget - it is relatively costly.

On 8th Jul 2018, I squeezed out some money to buy this sphagnum moss
After repot, their condition wasn't improve...

They just looked rather lousy...

I decided to divide them with the same pots they were in previously.
Time to uproot again
Soaked it and cut the moss to the finest.
DONE! Nice and clean!
Fuzzy Tooth
Cupped Trap
Red Piranha
Wacky Trap
Fine Tooth x Red
Roaring Flame
Burbank Best
Big MOuth
So far... The dying VFT are big mouth and Roaring Flame... they grow lousily. I can say they are entering to their dormant stage... Sigh...

Fifth - Mad. When D said if the root of the VFT has a bit of the algae, this will come back again. How can I even ensure there is ZERO algae??? If the algae grows back again, does it mean it is MY FAULT for it to happen??? I don't want to comment further... I don't expect others to understand the situation... It is all my fault for this to happen. I am the FIRST TO KNOW TO KILL SGBRED VFT from D.... That meant... I AM A FAILURE!

On 17th Jul 2018, I made another update on their condition... believe me, they look super lousy...

I just have to wait... they grow out from stress or sickness.
I suspected it is due to my growing area which restricts air flow...
For now, I remove the cover and see how it goes
For now... all my hard earn money drained if they died. I only hope to keep one VFT. my Favourite VFT - Wacky Trap. It seems hardly. At least some hope for my misery...

For now... I will stay at the quiet zone and end my CP hobby... If there is any update I will change the statement here.

==================================

Updated on 31st July 2018
Here is a not positive new update #6.

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Hi, stumbled across your page... any updates on your VFT? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh?! Hi! Thanks for dropping by. The update of my VFT? Oh well... now they are in dormant stage... not a good sign for Singapore VFT grower... as that meant there is a high risk of possibility of vft’s death... I will update it tomorroq

      Delete

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog