Friday, June 9, 2023

Trip - Japan - Day 9 - Kiyomizu-dera 清水寺

Hi Blog,

After visiting a Kyoto temple and our next stop was something which I was looking forward to. I read somewhere that Kiyomizu is a must-visit spot and it is near Rengeō-in Temple, so I will not miss it.

But somehow we need to walk a distance of 1.6+km
Even though, some of my group members had already started to get jumpy. I can't be bothered and let them make their move to get there. Personally, I will walk to feel grounded than take anything; So some of them decided to hop on the bus to get there and it was understandable.

Cut the uninteresting story, we were approaching Kiyomizu street. How did we know it? Because most people here were heading towards Kiyomizu's direction. It was an upslope street.
Today was a weekend. The crowds for today are already quite dense!
These photos can't display how beautiful Kyoto street is.
Spot a group of youngsters rented the traditional Japanese costume and walked along the Japanese street. I also want to try but... It will be troublesome as we are heading somewhere else and rather costly for a poor guy. I guess I can get my own costume for Racial Harmony Day! :D
How I wish this would be an empty street but This amount of crowds was still alright.
(Credit EK) The group had forgotten this long upslope street due to this beautiful street.
(Credit EK) We waited here for others from window shopping. I was so tempted...
(Credit XY) So we just spent some time to become a model but a lady in a picture posed effortlessly definitely wins over this nerd.
(Credit XY) Look at this shot taken by XY. This is the kind of photo's blurriness that I desire.
Oooo! Finally, we managed to reach the entrance of Kiyomizu Temple.
I thought of entering...
But but...
TOURISTS WERE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I barely... wanted to explore further and while I needed to think for others got tired.
Then we will have our group photos together.
Just check out this crowd! It seemed like we climbed up the wrong slope and luckily, we climbed the wrong one.
Can you imagine this street in the past, it must be a happening market?
(credit XY) I am glad they still preserve this ancient and traditional culture/place.
(credit XY) Because it was so crowded, we lost one another
Ooo! Vinegar marinated Japanese cucumber. It tasted nice!
(credit XY) Old place but new in my heart. This place has so much zen-ness in the air.
Oooo, rickshaw! I checked online, and he will carry you on to tour around Kyoto Street and it is not cheap.
Kyoto has a lot to be explored and it gave me some idea of how I can explore here in future.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog