Friday, June 9, 2023

Trip - Japan - Day 9 - Gion and Nishiki Market

Hi Blog,

The last stop in Kyoto, was to visit Gion from Kiyomizu and some markets since it is nearby. 

Time to walk again and I can sense the rest got rather tired.
Oooo, I also spotted quite a number of tourists dressed up in kimono, which tends to spice up the place culturally. I think I should get a set of such for my future event. While walking along Kyoto Street, it looks like a typical street in any developed country.

Except for having their own iconic structure to remind me where I was.
Alright, we had arrived Gion. It seemed everyone just got tired. I don't ask them for a photoshoot and don't make them watch me have a photo here; so let's proceed.
I had yet to read anything about Gion and perhaps, I just came here without knowing much except having an impression based on pictures online, and I know it will become an expectation disaster or beyond expectation.
Hmm, small stalls were set up along the entrance of Gion.
In Gion, there are many shrines. It is like... A place to gather shrines.
(credit XY) smile for the camera, bro. This kind of photos we won't get it after this trip.
(credit XY) Even though I am just looking meh, perhaps I should include photos of our handsome member, BP, to spice up the post.
After we had passed by the shrines, we came to a wider area where surrounded by temples.
Oooo, a seal 簽 to provide some insight into our love and career.
Everyone asked me to pick one.
But I managed to convince every single to give it a try.
Yup, we are/were singles (from left to right: unwanted, pretty, energetic and sunny)
After paying a small fee, I opened mine. Oooo, 大吉 (great luck)! 
A screenshot of what Google had translated. Hmm... So... It meant after such a long waiting... I might be rewarded that she might show up to warm my heart? I wish... As my heart is already cold and dead, a nerd like me only finishes last.
Anyway, there were more things going on here. Just random.
One red temple on the left and...
...one black on the right... wait...
Okay, wait... The right side is also red! I looked back at my pictures and realised... my sorting of pictures got some issues.
What a beautiful spot excluding this nerd.
Anyway, back to the topic, I just looked at rows of lanterns and tried to capture the beauty of the moment. Deep inside me... What are these for or mean?
Hmm... It seemed like something on top of its roof.
Can't really see it clearly but it looked like a logo on top of it...
Oooo! A water spot filled with moss. The moss is so cute.
It seemed like we were about to exit this shrine area.
Did anyone stay here? Can we Airbnb here?
(Credit XY) XY captured the moment of ZX and I chitchatting and exchanging ideas and life experiences from a distance.
(credit XY) Even the crow started to call out あほ to remind me, don't daydream or have any high hope for her. Haha
As we walked down further, there is a pond. Big typical pool, at least there are some rocks that helped to spice up the aesthetic of the whole pond.
Can you imagine when there is no rock in the pool? It will be plain.
(credit WC) let's have a group picture here. Everyone was tired already. Haha. By the way, do you agree that the bonsai-like plants here added a lot of textures to the photos?
(credit XY) it made it special like adding aesthetic elements to mediocre settings.
Double-crested cormorant, a kind of waterbird. They are great at fishing and are trained to help some villagers to catch fish. Personally, I don't like it but hope they don't cause an impact to the ocean.
This bird (sculpture) trying to imitate the seabird.
(credit XY) proudly posed for photos, have to be thick-skinned!
(credit XY) Since I can't be the good-looking or handsome one, then I will be the cute one! But I am not cute enough 😂🤣
Hmm... Many restaurants but we can't dine in any.
Oooo! Found my 2nd manhole! Too bad it is not coloured!
Ooo, I love this picture - it showed how chill the people who live here are.
I guess it is cultural and it's the aesthetic vibe that their buildings have, that makes this look unique and original.
If today's weather was not that gloomy, I believe this river and sunset won't be this meh.
Some kind of advertisement from the unknown, but the cat is cute.
Love the sight of mountains like the town/city is protected by them.
A short walk after Gion visit, we entered the shopping mall district.
Where food and entertainment are the main highlights.
Personally, it's the little thing which interests me.
Feeling like a typical and expensive shopping area so... it is Great for window shopping!
I spotted this long long street on Google Earth and walking through this, was amazing but... It was a short one because they wanted to go back and pack.
I had no choice but to follow them and bought my first Japan's milkshake to enjoy the moment.
I wanted to feel anime but can't get anyone to help me to snap here...
...and not convenient to do so too. Vehicles are everywhere.
(credit XY) at least, a portrait shot is decent.
Oooo, how I wished that I was loaded... So I can purchase some of the unique houses. These are beautiful!
The colour of the sky lit up our trip. Thanked for today.
Overall, Kyoto is a humble and place filled with cultural heritage like temples, shrines and maintains the classic era vibe. I love Kyoto. I believe Osaka might be better if I got time to explore further in future. Tomorrow will be my exciting day because of my dream to visit Tokyo. I wondered what it will look like. Time to go home!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog