Friday, June 9, 2023

Trip - Japan - Day 9 - AirBnb and Veg Out

Good Morning Blog,

After last night's unexpected showering and being tired physically and mentally, the trip didn't stop there.

Let me show you our Airbnb
We had many things to cover today and I think this was one of the tiring days for most of them. Personally, it was a great experience but not enough...

Welcome to our Kyoto Airbnb. My apologies, due to the space upstairs and the narrow staircase, we left our luggage in the living room.
Decent layout and kitchen
Displayed our backup food on the table in case we can't get any food.
This was the typical Japanese entrance which we usually see in manga or anime, and call out ただいます!
Oh yeah, one unusual layout is to have a toilet right beside the entrance.
One dryer and unlockable toilet with bathtub.
The legendary sight here to have a dramatic entrance for Kayako - the Grudge movie
The second floor was just rooms.
An untidy room was just a space for us to rest.
Another mediocre room and another which our lady took over (not nice to snap her room). Hers is a tatami setup which I loved.
Gloomy weather today which was perfect actually.
Alright... We are really Seven-eleven or Familymart regulars.
It's a Friday morning, and most commuters started to pack the train station.
As for us, we were walking along Kyoto Street and checking the Japanese lifestyle and culture.
You will spot a small quiet altar like this along the street. How I wish someone can share with us more information about this.
Personally, I will let my imagination take over. Water and scoops are placed here. Highly doubt, it is meant for drinking and perhaps it is meant for washing our hands first before praying the respect.
I could see a rock carving of a little human. Perhaps, most Japanese believe that human-like figures might have contained some form of a spirit and should treat them with respect. Whether it is a superstitious belief or not, one important thing that I noticed is that it cultivates an attitude of being respectful and valuing every little thing.
I noticed that the shrine will involve or hang this long thick rope. From Google, it is called shimenawa (sacred rope) in Japanese and is deemed as a holy item, especially in most shrines. It is made by twisting dried rice straws.
Simple shrine with iconic design ⛩️
What a beautiful duck species wandering freely
Finally, we arrived Veg Out Coffee.
From outside, you can't tell there is some business going on inside.
Cafe style and bigger than the one which we visited yesterday.
I guess this is one of the main highlights and uniqueness of this place.
(Credit WC) Just emo-ing and chilling
On the right side, there is a bridge where you can empty your mind and view the people walking past.
Unique lamp pole.
(Credit XY) Or just trying to be emo moment.
Back to the cafe. Gloomy weather just simply created a chill mood especially when there is an additional scenery of a smooth water flow.
Even the plants added so much positive vibes here...
Either two ways to view this, emotional or calm... I will take two. Haha
Personally, I just don't think too much and enjoy the moment, like the grass was dancing for us.
I love these tiny flowers and too bad, I don't know the name. If it can be grown in a terrarium.
Check out the food. Honestly... I really love to have such food for my daily morning...
The avocado bread and a mixture of vegetables are just god-sent which poor-me can't afford such a lifestyle.
(Credit the staff) Happy customer here. Thanks for the food.
Time to explore other places in Kyoto. Thanked Heaven for such chilling weather.
For now, my Japan authentic experience had started properly. Let's check out what we had covered today.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog