Monday, June 5, 2023

Trip - Taiwan - Day 5 - Public Swimming Pool @ Taiwan

Good Morning Blog,

Yawning hard... Dragged my Boyd out from the soft warm bed...

Started packing... Where was I heading today?
Today was our last day in Taiwan, I decided to take things into my own hands to go to where I wanted to go. Yes! I was heading to one of the Taiwan public swimming pools which is near our Airbnb. I really wanted to swim!

Am I allowed to wear this to swim?
Will they reject me for wearing something that others will be eye-sore with...? If I have a great body, I don't think it will be an issue... Ah, I don't bother. My focus is to swim and nothing else. It's best that no one bothers me and keeps a distance away from me - BEST!
It was 630am and the sky already brighten up.
Time to go alone. No one is following me... I thought of jogging around but with the amount of walking and eating... I doubt I can do that. Anyway... After 15 mins walk...
... I had arrived at that public pool, I was so excited and delighted!
Here we are. Rongxing Swimming Pool. Let's go in and check it out. To be honest, I was lost and nervous, as I don't know what to do next... Breathe in and out x3. Alright, let's go!
Simple information counter where they sell trunks, swimsuits, swimming necessaries and swim caps. Quite standard.
Based on Google feedback... Most people who rated this place commented the staff was rude. So I tried to be polite and enquired about the price for entering. He didn't smile though and he just passed me a slip of a QR code and told me the ticket price. Phew... Luckily, he didn't throw in any unnecessary comments, after payment, it's time to enter!
Hmm... Swimming level? I think my level will be Level 4 or 5.
Inside the changing room, I tried to snap lesser pictures especially when there were visitors around. They have a locker space to store our belongings; from what I observed barely anyone is using this.
Just now, there were a few buff lords gathered in this space; it seemed like they know one another and some just exited and some entered further in for bathing. I better don't stay here too long before my inferior complex kicks in.
A big message informing us to wash up first before entering the pool.
A simple map of the place shows other facilities too.
Ooo... Indoor swimming pool so can't suntan here. It is rather small... Should be 25m pool. I shall place my stuff st that counter.
Thanks goodness that one buff lord just finished his swim and this fat lord me can take over his Lane. Swimming in Taiwan swimming pools, we are required to wear a swimming cap for hygiene purposes (luckily, I read it from the Google map feedback)
They hang white and blug flags here, makes you feel that you are having a swimming competition.
After swimming a few lapses, I decided to explore the place.
Cold water pool I think or kids pool.
I love this one but I need to have my glasses and I felt a bit sleepy... Since no one wants to associate or be around this white weirdo... So I was left alone, which can be dangerous.
Besides the sauna, there is one more interesting stuff.
That is the hot jacuzzi, I can soak myself in there the whole morning; the water was so warm.
Just notice the fish wall tile and wanted to snap more others but the lifeguards were staring at me... So I just pretended like nothing happened or another word acting blur 
Awww... It was still Great to be alone here 😂 
Time to return. I wanted to continue here but it was best to be there earlier than them.
Thank you Rong Xing Swimming Pool. I may not be a buff lord here but I am definitely someone who loves swimming.
Being able to visit a public pool is something which I never imagine myself able to do. In the past, I wanted to but I was so shy about it. Next time, I will try to explore other swimming pools in other countries.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog