Saturday, June 10, 2023

Trip - Japan - Day 10 - To Tokyo

Hi Blog,

Our Japan trip was coming to an end sooner than expected, and I couldn't help but feel it was a bit rushed. Since none of us had visited Japan before, I didn't get a chance to provide input during our flight booking. However, I made the best of what we had and tried to accommodate everyone's interests in the group.

After our final packing at Airbnb, we decided to get some food from our food source for our next trip to Tokyo at midnight.
We understood that we might not be able to get decent food while travelling to Tokyo in the morning and lunch, so...

...we got a bit crazy in the stocking. We were surprised that we purchased sausage bread... So stupid of me for didn't check carefully.
The next day morning, we had our breakfast altogether.
The sauces were from Taiwan (wise choice) and I made this Inari sushi for everyone. I think I can eat Inari daily without a doubt.
Alright, we were not late for Shinkansen.
I was so worried that we will be late but luckily, everyone was on time because I heard stories of friend's trips that one/two of them delayed for whatever reason and jeopardized the timing. It can leave a stain on the whole friendship.
Here came our first Shinkansen train! Just check out the front of the train! The reason why this train is so fast mainly begins from the shape of its head. 
Looking ahead, it will be a two hours plus journey.
Goodbye, Kyoto. I will return again :)
Managed to secure our seats which was a wise decision so we won't need to stand throughout.
This reminded me of my China trip when I was on a train...
The vastness of the land makes me understand how massive this world is and small we are. There are so many great things that we can accomplish together, but we are too focused on trivial matters or have become human-machine serving the rich.
Spent some time reflecting and wondering through the tiny window... Asking myself, had I enjoyed this trip? That smile I gave; yes, I had enjoyed and hoped for more.
Back to reality... This space for our luggage though. I became a luggage keeper.
Finally, we arrived in Tokyo city.
We needed to exit here and...
...exchanged trains to our first Tokyo exploration.
Yes, our stop will be Shibuya City!
A concentrated District for shopping malls, food and entertainment. What I see, is PEOPLE!
OOO, social examination! I was about to do so but I misread as I need to pay 100 yen for the hug, so I hesitated and went on exploring. When I returned to the same spot, I realised that my mind was playing tricks on me.
The famous great crossing junction. How I wish I can take from a higher ground.
Anyway, back to the big issue. We thought of putting our luggage into a locker but after a few attempts to find an available locker, we concluded it is nearly impossible because it is fully taken.
So we managed to find a place to look after our luggage.
I can imagine the amount of money that started to roll in.
They charged a one-time payment but we need to collect our luggage before 7pm. At least, our biggest burden was settled, and...
...can shop around freely!
Selfie moment, because some Japanese just kept staring at me like I dressed up weirdly... Maybe shorts in Japan, aren't acceptable? Oh well, I can't be bothered... What got me is the feeling of shopping in Shibuya, just kept on poking me like a thorn... Looking at my wallet... No... I can't...
Looking at the street flowers to smooch my emotions, I just stay focused on window shopping, knowing this place as my main objective!
There are so many buildings here and...
...I don't know where to start.
There are many cafes around here but I am no Cafe person.
Oh yes! This is the kind of impression that I have in Tokyo. Signboards are everywhere! I wondered what it will look like at night.
Oooo, Mega Donki! I think I should get something for myself.
I was impressed that I could take a shot like this. I will explore such a method in future. If I can be in the photo, that will be great.
Oh my, when you know it is mega that means the crowd will also be mega! So crowded.
7th floor of stocks! 😳😱 I got myself a new bag and I forgot to pay at the tax-free counter on the top floor... So ended up, I paid like the local. 🫠
Entered a random shopping mall elsewhere for men's clothing and noticed how they sorted the clothing. And I did this at home! Haha 😅
I explored further down alone, and I can trust my sense of direction.
More signboards and some started to light up.
Luckily, the weather was just gloomy.
Yes! Finally! A satisfying shot that I had ever taken for the day; showcasing the ocean of people and signboards.
Finally, we managed to find an Indian Vegetarian restaurant which can do without the 5 pungent vegetables.
Tasty but costly. 😓
Night time! but I can't take many pictures here because...
I was tasked to send ZX to her hotel which was located somewhere further away from Shinjuku and our Airbnb.
I got rather tired... while waiting for ZX to check in at the hotel.
After she had entered her room, it was time for me to find my way to my Airbnb alone.
After checking with Google Maps...
I wanted to save some travelling costs...
...I decided to walk to Shinjuku and looked around.
Found another manhole. Nice :D
Hmm... Shinjuku looked like a business district but maybe because it was late so I can't really see anything.
Ah, Found the main station Shinjuku.
Time to figure out how to take the train and...
...reached Uguisudani Station successfully alone.
Tokyo was kind of let down... I don't know why... Maybe I had unrealistic expectations towards Tokyo or I have not explored enough. But on the positive aspects, I was glad that I managed to figure my way into transportation with the help of Google Maps. I have some level of confidence to travel on my own. I guess I will have to test myself out in future. Anyway... it was late, time to sleep...

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog