Friday, June 2, 2023

Trip - Taiwan - Day 2 - Qingtiangang Grassland 擎天崗

Hi Blog,

What a long tiring first day in Taiwan... and on the second day, everyone seemed to take their time to catch up some rest especially it will be some exploration to do today.

We had our breakfast near our Airbnb even though I wanted to skip it but it will ruin for everyone... Ate until having a bloated tummy...
Well, travelling in a group is always about compromise. It is a second day then I should follow through first. Anyway, where are we going today? We will be heading down to Yangming Shan 陽明山國家公園. Honestly, it is a big unknown to me... Hope it is safe and easy.

Travelled North to Beitou station and a display was there to illustrate the main highlights of that area - hot springs and unique features...
Like those that showed here.
Happy faces before the exploration
According to my school librarian, he suggested we go to Xin Beitou Station which has transportation nearer to Yangming Shan.
...but honestly, I know nothing about it hence I approached an information corner and their friendly staff explained where and how to access there. The funny thing was they asked me where we are planning to head to, but I don't have any idea what to expect too. Then They suggested that we may consider going up somewhere (as titled) as long as it is free, you got me.
This is a useful bus route guide! Thank you so much!
Ooo this is Beitou. Look like a low-profile residence zone.
The information staff told us to take the bus to the opposite of the KFC and a bit of uncertainty but thanked the friendly Taiwanese who pointed to us and affirmed where we are going. To get to Qingtiangang, we will take the bus opposite KFC - small9 or 230 to an interchange, then change to bus 108 which will take you there. Try to watch out for a vast Grassland where most visitors alighted, then that means that you have arrived.
The bus ride experience was not great - quite clamped where we had to stand throughout. Not that I was complaining, more like explaining the situation in general. It was okay for me to stand or have a seat, but some of our members were not ready for such. Throughout the whole journey, we had to exchange two busses and took almost a total of two hours plus to get to our destination... Indirectly affected everyone's mood and I sensed a sense of unpleasantness during the whole ride... To further damage the wound... Some of them assumed that we had arrived at a certain destination but it was not, they started to give feedback to remind me to keep them informed earlier on (they were referring to the old itinerary while travelling)... But honestly... Once I got the bus guide, I gathered and told everyone where and how to go to the new location... I guessed... I will just take the damage and move on with my life.
Our first stop and a group photo before the aura shifted.
It looks like an interchange area.
We may take the next bus from this area
And we waited for like an hour, feeding mosquitoes. Even though there was a queue but I can imagine if we went on the weekend.
I walked and explored around, I can imagine myself staying in Taiwan. I might visit this spot again and again.
Because this mountain is so big! I will definitely have a lot to explore.
Thanked the experienced driver to drive through the switchback safely. (means a mountain road that has many hairpin turns)
We rode by some residents who were trying to set up a simple store to sustain their expenses.
I was quite amazed at how they shared the narrow path on the mountain.
The twists and turns are dangerous
This bus stopped at many different interesting locations (if I have a chance, I would like to go there again) to get to...
...Qingtiangang Grassland 擎天崗
(Credit JJ) Some information about Qingtiangang Grassland
Woooow. If I have a car, I will definitely drive up here to see the night sky.
Information centre where...
...you got to know more how big this place is.
The one in red is to show us the area that we can access and anything beyond the red, will be at your own risk.
The vast blue sky and green horizon land are just heavenly.
Should bring a costume for this spot, it will be perfect.
(Credit XY) My dream is to see or have a grassland horizon.
(Credit EK) EK told us to have another group photo here where we can have a shot without anyone behind us.
(Credit EK) but... that we won't be able to see the grassland horizon.
(Credit EK) He tried and thanks for the effort. 👍👍
Thanks, Heaven for bringing us here.
I believe I will be the regular hiker here
Like I don't know where it leads but it is definitely a great to explore.
Alright, I better returned to the main route before I wandered away.
Time to focus on the main thing.
This grassland is where we can get close to the cattle.
The only way to get close to the ugly me is by taking more pictures of myself.
To get close to the cute cattle to zoom in from my phone.
Usually, we will have the scenery of mountains etc but it is a nice opportunity to see grassland only. And at least, I am glad to see the grass got a chance to touch the sky...
...because mountains are always the only ones to touch the sky...
Like... people who were born with a certain privilege over others aka elite or strike the genetic lottery, can always touch the sky easily...
...and everyone looks up to them...
Personally, I am just like these grasslands...
...to connect the sky in our own way; as the sky has never only been connected by certain individuals... the sky is always there when we look up. Even though the mountains can reach the sky easily, they are tasked to have more responsibilities and protect others.
Because... the mountains need to carry the grass; bringing them closer to the sky and becoming one. So sorry, I digressed too far... It was great to be here to be healed and lesser crowds.
Hmm... I wondered what is this building for. No one comes here.
We can wander further in Qingtaingang Grassland but I need to stick to the sight of the group...
...because if we wandered wildly beyond these safety bollards, might be risky.
It is best that we just sit on the grass, chilling and reflecting on our life.
Sometimes, it is our time to...
...reach up the sky...
Thanked the grass and mountain carried me up where I can touch the sky. (Typically, my background is in wood or concrete and I seldom have the sky to back me up.)
Due to our tiredness, we had to return back from the grassland... took another hour plus to return to the city. Mr Sun helped to watch over...
...our safety.
back to Beitou when most students just finished their schooling and filled up the road.
Time to walk to our dinner destination.
I don't know why I took a random picture of a random alley... and I knew that I was in the midst of deep thought previously and had not returned to my body, but I know this alley showed how lonely I feel...
After our dinner, we went to Shilin Night Market but we were kind of late and everyone went their separate way... ZQ and his two sons followed me, hence I suggested we can go back to our Airbnb and rest early.
Overall... Travelling in a group is not an easy feat. Need for self-management and the practice of a high-levelled compromise are necessary. I guess I will take it as a lesson. Time to allow my soul to return to my tired body for tomorrow!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog