Sunday, June 11, 2023

Trip - Japan - Day 11 - Walking along Ameya-Yokocho

Hi Blog,

After visiting Tokyo National Museum, ZX and I met up with the rest of the gangs...

...for lunching.
They shared their shopping stash and I got myself nothing. πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘ Honestly, I want to buy my own favorite thing...

My only stash was this... Tasty :3
After lunch, we explored Ueno Street.
This street seemed like have a lot to explore, but... I am just poor...
Ooo, it started raining.
(credit EK) Luckily, we got our own umbrella.
Oh yes! A 1000 yen honey melon!
Yippee! Something I can afford and always want to try!
Oooo, A Me something street. Ah! As titled, Ameya-Yokocho.
I found a baseball store, wanted to buy a set of baseball jersey but very costly and it is just a Want-item, not Need-item... So I just have to move on...
Oooo, the interesting thing here is, there are shop houses built under the train track and you can shop in between those shop houses.
Nicely decorated street shops, I found another army uniform shop, I want to get something there too... But oh well... How I wish I can purchase stuff like our handsome BP who modelled in my picture.
Having shop houses under a train track, save space effectively.
Our aim was to find Akihabara but seriously, I don't know what it looks like so we are kind of lost.
I started to notice that Japanese people use transparent umbrellas. Usually, most people pull out umbrellas, are to block the sun and rain; so a transparent umbrella is unique. I did some research - a transparent umbrella is cheap and widely available to be purchased.
As we lost our way, EK also tried to find a vegetarian nearby - Komaki Shokudo
Great! No Garlic and Onion!
Since I have nothing to snap for today's post, then I will just share a bit of this restaurant.
こまきしょくどう Komakishokudo... OH!... The restaurant's name.
Honestly, I love the interior design vibe - The wooden texture gives me the zen vibe.
What is the meaning of Shojin ryori? η²Ύι€²ζ–™η†'- Sho (η²Ύ) – refined; shin (ι€²) – advance; ryori (料理) – cuisine. I can't believe that we ended our last day in Japan with a good decent meal which suits our dietary needs - It's made without meat or fish, strong flavors of vegetables like garlic and onion.
Check out the delicious meals but I dared not order the expensive ones... I can only pick the cheapest one. 😭
BPm WC and JJ brought ZX back to her hotel, and the rest of the guys walked around and... it seemed like we found Akihabara!
Ooooo! Is this the anime street?!
Wow! It is so big!
Some girls blocked their faces which I don't understand why they dress up as a maid.
Oh man... I wanted to buy some stuff here... Just too poor... Can I have anyone gives me some money to get the figuring I want? :3
Time for us to go back to our apartment to pack our stuff.
The stuff I bought...
YES! Time to eat this! I always want to eat this for a long time but in Singapore, it costs a bomb. Now I can taste it, is a dream fulfilled!
After slicing it to halve... The look of it... Somehow... a bit disappointed... It was watery... like it was spoilt... It tastes very sweet like tasting a big grape... But seriously... the watery texture... can't get away from my mind... Feeling cheated... I googled this and learned why they sold it cheaply... But I need to be thankful.
Well... I tried to utilise my remaining currency to get these stash for my family and colleagues. Not many... hope they don't mind.
It seemed like my Japan trip was about to end... I was trying to recap my whole oversea trip and was worrying... my blog posts... my plants... my SG workload... and regrets...

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog