Friday, June 9, 2023

Trip - Japan - Day 9 - Rengeō-in Temple 三十三間堂

Hi Blog,

Let's continue our exploration at Kyoto, the ninth day of our Taiwan-Japan trip. So where were we heading today?

Our friend's husband, he recommended that we should visit this temple as titled (too lazy to type it out 😂)
He claimed Kyoto has many temples and this one is iconic. I truly agree that Kyoto has many temples and hope I can visit them all in the future.

After a short walking distance, we arrived at Rengeo-In temple.
Oooo, we had to pay a small fee to get in. Oh well, hopefully, the rest of the places that we will be visiting, won't require a small fee; as I was in budget mode.
Tata! Rengeo-In temple 三十三間堂!
The actual word, Sanjūsangen-dō (Temple of thirty-three bays)
You may read more from Mr Google. This place was here and maintained since dated 1164. That is amazing! Everything here looks well preserved!
I believe this tree might have grown together with this temple.
Oooo, those statues are the ones which you see in the shrines along the street. This is what they look like behind the door of the shrines. I feel like bringing one back and my mother will kill me. Haha
Honestly, the red/orange printed pillars really stand out with the contrast colour of black as the rooftop or blue sky.
Perhaps red is an auspicious colour for Asians. I wondered what if it is alien green?
(Credit XY) Oops! haha, my friends witnessed how I self-take my own pictures.
What a beautiful Zen garden
Only for the rich. Hahaha
Oooo! Here got some beautiful happy growing moss. :D I wish to take some back!
Time for the garden by the Zen moment.
All kind of coloured flowers
Living in a cooler country is the best because you can grow many interesting plants
(Credit XY) I always want to be part of the zen garden.
Every temple will have a water spot which I don't know what it is for.
Beautiful place and a meh person... Skip! Reject! Don't spoil the scene! 
(Credit EK) The best thing to do is to lay on the Zen Garden because of the nice neat grass but at the same time, don't do that because the grass might get damaged and died off if everyone did that frequently..
Any bad prediction or draw, just hang over here corner like a reject. But honestly, what is this for?
(Credit XY) It is always great to have friend helping to snap for me but at the same time, best to avoid and stay near/around with people who are good looking because the camera will auto focus on them which makes me feel like shxt. 😅 Well, I am shxt so no difference! 🤣 I remembered I share our trip photos online, I got a few people (men/women) actually asking who is he? That is a fact and fat I accepted. 😉
(Credit XY) maybe deep inside my subconscious, I just want to be a model because of the confident rode that attached on them. As for mine, I always hand held it and begging it to stick to me. 😅 Okay... Time to swim back from Abyss...
(Credit BP The handsome one) ...because of wefie! But in fact, we aren't supposed to sit on that wooden panel! 😂 Luckily, I got my shot from XY. 
If so, I shall use my camera for wefie.
Smile and cheer!
Haha, looking at this, made me think... If you can have the space and plenty of it, yes! You can place one or two things there. I can't have such privilege but I can have and expand my mind space for things; or thanks, blogspot for allowing me to have unlimited space. Okay sorry, I wandered off.
Oh, no photography.
This would be my last photo taken for this post as I need to respect the "no photography sign". Inside this long hall (quite long, oh my), there are 1000 metal statues and other statues too. What a sight to be awed.
Since I can't take photos, then maybe this youtube can showcase what is inside this temple. The whole video was well taken.
Overall, this is a great temple to visit and Kyoto has many temples which I doubt we can cover everything unless I stay in Japan. I guess the main highlight of travelling, is to experience and learn something new and different in our mundane life.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog