Friday, October 21, 2022

Trip - KL Trip Day 1 - Times Square and RapidKL

Hi Blog,

Alright! Time to explore a bit of KL! Where shall we start?

EK suggested that we should go for breakfast at Times Square since he needed to confirm our return tickets which are near there, and then we would work our itinerary while having our breakfast.
Honestly, KL is a rather simpler and bigger version of Orchard Road in Singapore, we can get around anywhere we like by grabbing... Just that we don't have any idea what is interesting.

Looking at the street of KL, it looks like Singapore Chinatown where skyscrapers tower over the older houses.
What does this fatso going to do?
Just trying to find something interesting and snap
Yippee, let's explore together
While EK was enquiring about the price (lucky he purchased beforehand online because there was no more return ticket!)
This is one of the RapidKL stations, Imbi. Only serves KL area but not everywhere.
Ooo Berjaya Times Square! One of the biggest malls in KL which you should not miss
Love this circle in front of the entrance of the mall. It is so beautiful.
From this entrance, it seems like only a few stories high but I was wrong... Exclude the basement, beyond the 3rd floor, there are more floors up!
Anyway, as we were trying to find the vegetarian option based on Google Maps, we realised the stall was closed down and no one updated the Google map. So funny thing happened when EK asked a Chinese-speaking service crew whether is there a vegetarian stall around? She directed us to go up to a top-floor restaurant and enjoyed the vegetarian buffet because the owner of Times Square is a vegetarian. Then EK wanted to know the name of that restaurant, he asked, "什麼名字? (what name?) and she replied with her name, "my name is xx". After we thanked her for her help, we just kept on laughing at how she responded to us. Priceless.

We decided to settle for our breakfast here because the restaurant (top floor) is rather costly. Vivo Pizza has vegetarian options for us without onion and garlic. :D Perfect!
Love how they include some greenery in their restaurant here
Greenery plus wooden kitchen utensils make us feel like having a meal at home
Loved the creamy mushroom and the pizza tastes good with pineapple pieces. :3 I know not many people love to have pineapple pieces in their pizza but I love it.  
I felt it is best to get myself a new pair of socks which will last me throughout the whole trip, so bought three pairs and changed to the new one immediately. Love those thick socks.
Funny thing is there is an area which they built for a Taiwan theme
Tiny Taiwan - aww I missed Taiwan 🇹🇼
But there are many empty stores... Either due to pendamic storm or this place was newly setup
Nice to see these loud signages trying to get the attention of the potential customers
I decided to get myself a small light-weight tripod, at least something to touch and assure than purchased online
Weird that there are many abandoned houses around here but I won't want to step in due to respect and don't bother the spirits there
It was interesting to see how the locals live their life. Like this pic, this vehicle will be more than 30 years old, and they tried their best to paint it. Great way to preserve and use the vehicles to the fullest... I guess there are pros and cons.
After our short shopping trip in Times Square, we decided to visit one place which recommended by a blogger and we will take this opportunity to take a train there
What a complex network but it is a definitely beautiful designed train route, quite clear.
Buying ticket by using this kiosk, lucky they include English in their menu selection
Oooo! Instead of ticket, we will receive a token
I guess this token has a mini clip inside with some basic information about where you can alight.
Because today was Friday, we managed to witness students finished their school, funny thing was their uniforms look like Singaporean students'; and I thought I am still in Singapore.
Honestly, their railway platform look clean and tidy. If you are used to railway complex network, you won't be confused on which side to take especially enquiring the info around you
For me, I try to train myself to understand how to get the right information around me to our next destination
Small and simple cabin; and everyone has their mask on.
When you reached to your destinated station, you just dropped your token to exit. Please do not take the token back.
There are many Graffiti on the wall... Not sure are these allowed but it seemed like it was done within given space and not chaotic, hence I feel this is treated as art.
Anyway, this nerd arrived to another place, let me show you around here
My first and only urbex moment - an abandoned Enforcement checkpoint stand
I was curious about the design choice here. This lotus design like... 🤔 Out of nowhere... No meaning... For Enforcement checkpoint stand.
Here is Kuala Lumpur City Centre, I guess there are many places explored.
Just a simple and meh post for our first day KL trip. You may click here to see what did one of the bloggers recommended to us.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog