Friday, October 21, 2022

Trip - KL Trip Day 1 - JN Petaling and the Hungry Tapir

Hi Blog,

Beside RexKL, there is a famous street market, Petaling Street. I thought of visiting some more night markets in KL but we didn't have enough time for such itinerary. I guess I will keep it for my next trip to KL.

The entrance looks like a typical street market in Taiwan. Don't you think so?
Let me show the life in this street market and our first expensive dinner in this post.

Everyone was safe so far, let's check this market out
It seemed like we bumped to this street without knowing it is a street market because we wanted to travel to Twin Tower but... Somehow Miss Sky had other plans
Yippee! I finally found my favourite tea eggs here!
Ooo this street is near PNB 118 tower
While walking along the street market, I noticed there are many abandoned building. Most of these buildings' extrance are blocked and emptied. If you go to Google map and click on the building structures on its map, they don't even have a name. Most of buildings are either closed down or rated lowly. Like this Hotel Malaya, it was closed down for quite some times.
I can imagine when it was at its peak, this must be a happening street
Night time, this street will become nighty Chinese New year.
Ir seemed like the government here had built a shelter along the street to benefit the people who make their living here
From this angle, it looks like Thailand Street market. Why I said so? Didn't I mention it looks like Taiwan Street Market? Because Taiwan Street market will sell varieties of food than goods...
There are many similar stores here
Many stores selling shoes
Many mediocre and too good to be true clothings stores. After two streets, I think I have seen enough. I will like to see something different.
Something like this, where they serve "raw" and home-prepared style dishes behind the market
There was where I found unique flooring tiles and you won't see these anywhere
As we were trying to find the location for our dinner, we were quite near PNB 118
It gave me idea to pose with it, it looks like a finger pointing up the sky. The locals were curious what I was doing.
After a long hunt, we finally found that vegan restaurant - The Hungry Tapir! (map) What an interesting name.
Love letter from Tapir Team
The vibes they have, are quite positive so far
After visiting an artistic bookstore, now we were visiting an artistic dining restaurant
Oh my. This place is so classic and chill
Check out the wall tiles, turning the raw tiles into art. This place got "characters"!
I believe this place will be loved by youngsters even to those non-vegetarians
This place is rather dark
Even the lights here are dim to have the cosy atmosphere
And their foods are really amazing. EK got carried away and over ordered... Three of us trying our best to finish these delicious foods. I thought that we supposed to enjoy the food but due to misjudgement... I had to force to eat...
But thanks to Tapir Team, they can pack our unfinished food and added in a wonderful quote :3 thank you Tapir Team
On our way home, I saw this BTS beverage. I don't know either one of them but love to see products in a set. I am not a fan of them so I just snapped a picture of them.
Petaling Street is a good gauge for other street markets in KL, I hope that I didn't miss out much during this trip.

The Hungry Tapir is a must go if you are there. Their rating is quite high on Google Map because of their food and the vibes in their restaurant.

Time to return back home to rest for the next day...

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog