Friday, December 22, 2017

Hiking - Exploring Labrador Nature Park

Good Morning Blog,

Today I was supposed to hike with K to explore quarries but maybe he was too tired, and he overslept so I changed my plan to explore Labrador Nature Park.

Can't find my wristband but just go ahead!
The weather was good on that day - a bright and cloudless sky lit up my mood!

Map for Labrador Nature Reserve - Starting from Labrador Park MRT
Let's go!
Look at the blue blue sky! There were two from the MRT: ways, just walking to the right.
Wow. How I wish I could enter this field.
A nice flat patch of grass
Had a lot of deep thought looking through this gate.
Continue on this path until...
You see a split road - either you continue left side to the park or right side up to the hill.
Walked across this zebra crossing
Dragonfly Pond
Looked like no one helps to maintain the pond
After a while, you will come to car park 1.
Continue down this path
Oh my! The sun was scorning.
TOO BRIGHT!
Cloudless day.
That was one of the HIGH-class people's residential building
I decided to o-bike the exploration.
A bit of history about Dragon's Teeth Gate
Dragon's Teeth Gate
Looked like an old man's face
Feeling like climbing up but... no... my weight might take this rock down. LOL!
Beacon
Checked out the shadow of my photographer
West tip of Sentosa Island
Some write-up of Machine Gun Post
Machine Gun Post
Looked how Thick this fortress wall was.
Now it has become a rubbish bin...
Obelisk
Look how tall this obelisk is, feeling like there are more of such obelisk around.
You may continue along and enjoy the sea view.
It looks like a jetty place
Furry Flower!
Became my furry moustache
Playground area - quite unique especially the Maze.
Oops the gate closed, have to find another route up the hill.
WOW! There is... There is... a PEACOCK!!!!!!!
Port Cullis - Love these classic brick textures.
Alone in the woods and felt like going to the past
Will you accompany me?
Long stretch of road and enjoyed the fest by the mosquitoes.
These trees were here witnessed history during WWII
Ah, the first Gun Emplacement along the trail.
This piece of history on wrong war tactic
Were the trees trying to tell me something? Sensed some calling.
I must say this gun emplacement fortress was well reserved.
Some unknown number
Fading memories trying not to be forgotten.
Some write-up of Gun Barrel.
The only physical gun barrel remained on Labrador Park continue defending Singapore
And soldiers continued engaging.
Well preserved barrel
ooooo! You can see through from this barrel.
How I wish I could actually see through such a long long barrel-telescope.
Time to levitate!
Unknown area
Time to cast my spell
but failed...
You better step down for a better summoner.
A trail of ants - have to be careful.
Continued to explore deeper
Just noticed the different design on the tiles. You will find barrel-tile near the emplacement barrel and palm-leaf-tile along the pavement. 
War Memorial Plaque
The front and back side of the plaque.
Big space up here - a great place to host a mass activity
OH! There was a platform to...
to...
Top view of the blocked sea view and Labrador Park
Hey! I found a handsome plain creature. LOL!
I had a great day at Labrador Nature Reserve/Labrador Park
Meanwhile, I still had some time for my lunch meeting with S, I went and tried some clothing and still felt... that amount of fat was so stubborn. 
Overall, Labrador Park is a great and beautiful park for nearby residents, and take note that there are swamps of thirsty mosquitoes, and grass patches protected by ant scouts and angry red ants.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog