Saturday, August 27, 2022

Trip - Dover Forest Part 2

Dear Blog,

On my previous trip to Dover Forest (link), we managed to cover the Eastern side of Dover Forest and from most of the pictures shared by many hikers, they found many unique trees!
And I wanted to catch (meet) them all; but it was raining heavily last Sunday... Hence I continued my catch today alone!
Today's weather should be fine... I hope and I hope I won't lost myself in the forest. Even though it is a small forest but I should be safe.

Getting ready!
Hmm... Checking the weather, it seemed brighter than these days... It had been raining throughout.
Thanks Heaven for having a sunny morning today. 🙏🏼
Based on research,. Most unique trees will be on the left side 👈 (Western side) of Dover Station.
The warm-warm sun was trying to heat up the whole cool forest
Perfect timing for a suntan
But I had to clear my objectives
Western side of Dover Forest, let's go!
Looking back at the Dover Station and hope I can return to civilization.
Today should not have visitor... I wondered...
Oooo, a small stream... Where does it lead to?
Like a mini landscape.
Looked like a mini waterfall. I remembered I took a video of it but it seemed I didn't save it up...
It seemed like... There was something inside... I should go there and investigate.
Oooo found one Banyan Tree
I could not stay here too long because I had alerted the thirsty mosquitoes and angry ants... I just snapped and exited quickly.
There were some abandoned tires but I didn't see any car.
I exited the wood and looked up, that tree in this picture, was the Banyan Tree with abandoned tires. You won't be able to know by looking from afar.
Hmmm... I heard people talking in a distance... It sounded like a big group of 15+ people was approaching my direction.
I guessed I will have to find the tree before them
Okay, time to explore this place... honestly... I don't know where should I start.
But just shortly... I made a left turn at the Y-junction... I FOUND one of the legendary trees in Dover Forest - a wide-open leg tree!!! It looked like the Banyan tree is posing for me.
Just check this out! it is beautiful!
It was definitely a perfect spot for a group photo.
Shortly, the big group showed up and it was like 15-20 people, snapping and organising for a group shot!
I entered the forest further to find another tree
this really made my imagination runs wild but... need a lot of help.
A fallen tree and as I crossed over...
I noticed this tree was snapped right in the middle... It does not seem like it was caused by lightning but it definitely had a dramatic happening here.
Found another one! This one was tightly bounded by the Banyan tree.
It was so unique and I wanted to take a lot of pictures here but the ants were not happy.. 😒
Found the bioluminescence mushroom! It had been a while since I last saw them.
Just happened to bump into that big group of hikers. I just stopped there as they walked past me... some smiled at me... some threw some nasty disgusting look... some just don't bother... Oh well... I accept that I am a disgusting pig, okay?
Shortly... a few rounds and lost... I found another one! And this one was EPIC! Just looked at the root system!
Arching over us...
Massive root as if it was moving!
Same thing, I wanted to snap more here but the ants... really spoiling my day... sigh... but this one was really beautiful and complex.
Spotted two wells nearby, no wonder mosquitoes are fierce and thirsty!
They were trying to breed their kids with warm blood here quickly before it dried up.
After a long walk... Wandering around... This spot might become future potential banyan trees zonal but... sadly... they won't be able to complete its real form...
Sadly... I can't snap any more pictures because... my camera battery was low...I should have charged it...
... and also I can see a sky opening ahead... to end my trip...
Exiting near the School of Science. Oh well, I thought I can continue to explore Western Dover Forest but my camera battery was flat...
Time to go home.
Thank you, Dover Forest, we had a nice time together, and thanks for leading the way. Honestly, I doubt I can find anything here without your help (first-timer). I will be back again. I hope my readers will enjoy my today's trip. Do try to visit the forest before it was gone; to experience the untouched nature in Singapore.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog