Saturday, July 24, 2021

Hiking - Bukit Brown Cemetery Visit

Good Morning Blog,

Supposed to wait for Az to visit Bukit Brown... I guessed he is one typical example of those who cared GREAT interest and Keenness to hike together; very chatty and promising and right after our first hike to Keppel Reservoir, like other people - the chat just started dying off. Not that I will expect anything but it just triggered and sent me back to the abyss of how shxtty I am in person...

but anyway... Instead of sinking and continuing to nail myself into the coffin
I shall return to where and how I started, which is just me. I will just go alone!

Don't strike on my bed, and get myself ready!
Will explore this place.
Mapped out my route to Bukit Brown
Let's go!
Oh, dear... I just realized my big mistake...
I should hike in the morning when Mr Sun is not that strong...
Now Mr Sun was STRONG and SUNNY!
I guessed I would just embrace it
Hope for the Best (best experience) and Prepare for the Worst (Sunburn)
A short moment of shelter helped to ease my skin
The best part of hiking in the noon is a smaller crowd.
Photo session moment
Snap snap snap
I should get myself more prepared on these sunny days like applying a sun tan lotion.
Check out Miss Sky, today weather was rather cloudless so nothing can stop Mr Sun from doing his work.
Since Mr Sun was so bright...
I shall drag my soul out from the abyss...
equipped to my body
And continued to hike through MacRitchie to Bukit Brown
Even after passing by MacRitchie, there is some distance away from Bukit Brown, hope it is not sunny.
Hey flower, how you can endure such hot weather? :)
I know I like it but cannot stay too long
Even grow some red fruits which I won't consume, maybe after consumed might enter hallucination mode.
Bukit Brown zone was right in front of me but need to enter from the main entrance which was some distance away from here.
Will I survive under the hot sun?
I checked my watch and it was 12 noon!
The next moment, I found out that I was lying on the floor...
Admiring the cloudless sky and dying sooner... LOL
Finally, I arrived at the Bukit Brown zone
But had to walk further down
Here is the main entrance of Bukit Brown
Enter at your own risk. Will there alien abduction happen to me?
I guess it won't happen.
Honestly, this map makes no sense of where you are.
Because everywhere there are Trees and trees.
The plants seem undisturbed and calm.
Unlike MacRitchie, the plants seem to grow apart but here... they are united.
At least for now, I was covered by them :)
My first walk-in wood trail
Investigated the area and I was surrounded by a grave but I won't take pictures of it (out of respect)
I saw an open space, it seemed like a backyard farm. Based on the cleanliness, this place is habited but I don't see anyone around. I also saw some joss sticks burned to confirm my investigation.
As I walked further, I saw a shelter with pots of plants and some park visitors resting in this quiet garden.
I looked up, and there was a clear path uphill.
Looking at the left and right paths which show a green dotted line on the map.
I asked this uncle what is he doing and why he was doing there. I shall skip the details to avoid any potential issues raised by others in future.
But what he did, made me feel so delightful!
With a bit of smoke, will show the light ray clearer. It was like a gift from Mother Nature to me... If I had come later or earlier, I would have missed this.
Life will be beautiful with a bit of challenges and we will appreciate life better.
Only when we see our daily challenges in the light (positively) we will be able to appreciate such scenery but if we see our daily challenges in the dark (negatively), all we will see is just cloud/smoke which blinds us.
I wanted to take pictures of the surroundings but the graves were just everywhere here, so have to include them in my shot. So sorry if I offended you.
What a quiet place for hiking. I barely met anyone visiting this zone besides mosquitoes.
Yoh! Spidey! If I were spidernerd, this jumping spider would be my spidernerd spirit spider. Haha because it has big eyes as if it is wearing a pair of nerdy glasses.
I wondered what this curved path looked like
Let's find out!
Oooo... After an upslope path, here is a different vibe. Like I came to a bigger "place".
Here is one of the largest tomb areas. Wow. I know I am just an outsider, my peasant's presence should not step in. Sorry to bump in.
Hmm.. it seemed like I forgot about the unsheltered path...
Cooked under Mr Sun's working out
I returned to where I entered initially and continued to explore this place on the main path
Wow. What a kampong-looking residential at Bukit Brown. Hope I wish to explore inside here but I will appreciate from outside.
Hmmm... It seemed like the main path would end very soon here
Before it becomes a narrow path
A chair which was fully utilised and returned to nature.
I could smell these in the distance and yes, they were durians!
It seemed like this feast happened recently and some were left for other durian-lover-animals to feast on.
As I walked deeper, my path was blocked by a floral blanket.
Interesting, let's have a picture with this blanket.
I found a small opening below.
The untamed and nature scene ahead of me.
but stopped me from proceeding further... And I returned my way back to another entrance
I returned to the large tomb zone and there was a path to exit from Bukit Brown
After a short quiet walk...
Exiting from Bukit Brown.
No sweat hiking experience
But the Noon-sun was just overwhelming.
I had to walk along this road unsheltered... Oh well. Sunburn!!!
At least it was a good hike.
Overall, Bukit Brown Cemetery is a peaceful place to visit if you are not a tattoo of graveyard. Prepare for mosquitoes and loss of way, be sure to have a GPS/Map to guide you along. From what I understand, this place won't be that quiet (will draw many visitors) once the government decides to take back the land for future development. So the best time to visit this quiet place.

Here is my second visit (link), if you want to check it out.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog