Monday, January 2, 2023

Hiking - 2023 First Hike

Happy 2023 Blog,

I was half motivated and half tired today but since it was a good sunny morning, I should not waste the opportunity.

So where shall I be hiking then? Honestly, there was nothing new left to cover, but I will take it as a self-reflection hike.
Hence it will be a short mediocre hike like my future hikes.

Hmm... Today where should I cover?
I wanted to cover one place at Bukit Brown, to confirm whether I can find a new route to Old Mata House (post).
I can't believe that in less than a year, the only route was consumed by nature. We have to treasure the present before it is taken away.
Oh? I was surprised to see today's morning, this park was empty!
Time to take in my favourite position.
Because this place can have some drama.
But too bad, it was in an open where park visitors tend to show up.
I guessed that I had to go as they threw a disgusted stare at me.
Perfect weather today for the hike.
But I will get some phone calls here and there.
Luckily, it didn't last long...
I don't wish to stand still to feed the mosquitoes.
Reached Bukit Brown. Let's go!
My typical photography style... How to change...
Unless I have a professional photographer to help me. 😅 Daydreaming.
For now, just accept the FAT of it.
To my surprise, there was a group of hikers here too and great to know that I was not alone.
I guessed my aim for visiting Bukit brown, is to revisit places.
I will start with the school stairs (previous post)
Approaching
Hmmm... Somehow this entrance looked different...
Yeah quite different... Something might have happened here.
Oh, dear... There was a tree blocking the path.
I guessed I would come back and check the path again next time.
Next stop to my favourite spot...
...and something surprised me.
Trash was discarded and blocked the entrance.
I managed to find a way to get over those...
..but these vines just got in the way...
Luckily, here was clear.
I wondered there one day, this path would be blocked from public access?
Oh yes, Thank goodness.
Still can access it.
Familiar path...
Familiar vines...
Familiar Mr Sun accompanying...
Yes! The abandoned car's path was clear.
Happy New Year to you, 1st Car.
It seems like you are getting worse these days.
Soon it will be covered by plants.
2nd Car just simply losing its colour.
Great to see this 3rd Car still intact as usual. This might be the last car to be consumed by nature. Forgot of the 4th which I can barely see.
These cars were a luxury at that time and now it is worthless except for memories.
Memories like this fatso sat and crashed this vehicle.
I guessed that I didn't explore deeper hence limited locations and features for my hiking journal, kind of struck in the vines.
I had to remind myself if I visited this area, I would have to go up and pay my respects for taking care of this place.
Alright, time to visit one popular location.
Bumped into a dog and luckily, it didn't attempt to bite or chase me.
Mr Sun was at his full power now, started to get hot.
Hmm... I heard laughter from a distance or from another dimension?
Ah, a group of youth was here, so I moved forward and offered my help to snap a group picture for them and yeah! they thanked me and checked me out, then...
...laughed at me on my attire when I snapped this picture. hahaha... I don't bother.
I will just be myself.
Avatar Tree at Bukit Brown is still one of the iconic spots here.
I guessed I would go somewhere else so the youths could snap some more pictures here themselves. Don't want to make them awkward.
Lastly, time to explore the place that I wanted to revisit...
and got away from humans...
...and got closer to the trees...
...and plants.
Because I was all by myself...
...where I can have my imagination to myself.
Anyway, I should not waste too much time here.
Time to find ways into Old Mata House...
It seemed like I failed to get near the entrance as... very thick foliage blocked my path... I was very disappointed... disappointed with myself for not brave enough to BASH through (basically the need to damage the plants in my path)... I guessed...
...at least, I found a new spot, a le wild cabin that was built on top of a big grave front yard. Not ideal though... I am not sure whether is there anyone staying inside this cabin...
It is best to leave it unanswered. Sometimes... I don't need an answer...
I just need acceptance - accept the fact...
..when it was gone, I just needed to let go especially when they were supposed to keep away from humans.
Yes, you are right. I should learn to move on.
Checking my memories journaled on my many trips...
I have to give myself some credit... I have come a long way and will continue to polish myself.
I am not the best but I am definitely getting better. I am no longer young; I can't daydream like a kid, but I can try to stick closer to my dreams, as I wake up in reality... at least, I slept and dreamed well.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog