Saturday, September 25, 2021

Hiking - Bukit Brown Cemetery Visit II

Good Afternoon Blog,

I thought today would rain but eventually, Miss Sky had some other plan and let Mr Sun take over the day. Today hike, I should be bringing a new friend, Ga, for his first hike at Bukit Brown.

Check out the intensity of Mr Sun
Well, since Ga was unable to go I shall go and explore that place myself.

getting fatter and untoned. Oh well...
Heck, care! What else can I do? Go gym, 24/7 workout? I have other commitments and things to focus on.
In my previous Bukit Brown hike (link) two months ago, I explored the main zones, so today's hike will focus on other zones and my exploration of the two places below.
Oh, dear... Mr Sun, are you going to be that intense the whole day?
I guess I got your reply. :)
I think I will be able to pull through with the heat
I decided to reach Bukit Brown from another route
I seldom walked under this flyover and walked past those RICH residences.
First time walking here, I guessed Mr Sun was happy too. At least walking here will have some shade than tied down with Mr Sun.
Usually, I will only see this location whenever I take a bus elsewhere. Now first time experiencing and registering in this area.
Hmmm... No other entrance if I took the usual way to Bukit Brown, so I spotted an opening here.
My adventure will start from this point onwards.
oooo! Instead of going through an unknown opening, I found a wider opening here which leads to one of the zones of Bukit Brown.
It seemed like someone tried to walk on this path before.
This cemetery seemed like having a "noon-nap" It... So quiet.
After a short while, I approached the entrance to the other cemetery zones.
To the left or right... Yes, To the right path for today
I shall get my camera on a tripod so that I can take pictures along the way
Another quiet side of the cemetery
Good afternoon plants here.
Pray my respect to the deceased
Ah, a clearer map of the whole cemetery. Now I am at Green Zone.
The trees here looked creepy and great idea for Halloween
Or creepy for a crazy nerd hiking here
The path at zone 4 was quite short, Need to return to the main zone of Bukit Brown.
No way to get to other zones from here. If anything happens here, will be dangerous hence no one will be able to save you.
I doubt I can access through that door.
Love the shelter by the expressway, cools me down a bit.
Can you imagine if you decide to spend a night here, must have some BIG BALLS to do so.
Especially since there is no street light around here.
You might even step on this poo here (looks like horse poo, because of the amount of fibre and nearby there is a place where they keep horses).
Just bumped into a couple and it was awkward as they judged me from a distance, and I just had to ignore them and move on.
Two paths - left or right?
Checking my Google map and decided to take the path to the right to another unexplored zone.
Yippee! Exploring new zone!
Hello to Alocasia. Sadly... I can't grow you guys well...
Now I was at Purple Zone which can access Yellow Zone too.
A short walk and I was about to explore the quiet part of Yellow Zone.
Really peaceful and a great place for a simple hike
My wild idea started to run, can became a crazy idea.
Anyway, can't stay too long here and double my steps to the next zone.
What a short walk to the new zones
Time to explore the unexplored area
Should be around this area
Oooo! While I took a water break, I found something small moving. I sought an FB group to help (link) identify this creature's name, a Black Planthopper Nymph - Ricania Speculum. I didn't know/hear the name of Planthopper before. Hmmm... Plant Hopper belongs to the plant-feeders group which hop from plant to plant, like grasshopper.
Luckily, can find the entrance easily.
This is the place which got my interest. Oooo! Abandoned Car and a temple.
Nice strangler figs here
Okay, I was on the right path.
Continued to explore deeper
Nice looking dried leaf here
Just passed by a group of youngsters, yeah... Got judged by them... sigh...
OH! Found the entrance of the temple!
Ooooo! Can see the temple up the hill. I believe it was a popular spot for the descendants to pay their respects.
Let's go up and have a close look, shall we?
The simple temple serves its purpose. Temple cleared...where to find the abandoned car...
I found some trail here
Did you see the trail here?
I guessed I might be on the right trek but I don't know what is ahead of me.
If I am not careful enough, I might step onto a grave/tomb here. So sorry for stepping on your tomb.
Wow! I managed to find the place which I had been looking for in the FB hiking group. Perfect wild idea!
So many strangler roots here.
A small stream was spotted and mosquitoes party house here!
I had to cross it quickly.
Thank goodness the trail was quite clear which told me this place is visited often
YIPPEE! ABANDONED CAR FOUND!
The car was consumed by Nature.
Car plate C7662?
Let's hop on a good road trip!
Errr... Sorry, I forgot to clean the car so next time!
I thought this was the only car...
I found one more at a five-six meters away.
This one seemed like half of a car.
Great accomplishment for myself!
After clearing the two objectives, I walked out and checked the area out.
I wondered if should I really explore the untouched areas here...
Giant Bamboo spotted
I guessed I would stop here
My trail stopped by a stream
Spotted a beautiful philodendron here :)
And a big fallen tree. Wanted to take a picture with it but I just got tired...
On my way back to the road, I bumped into a family who carried their offering to that temple, and they just judged me... Oh well... yeah I know, I am untoned and eye-sore... anyway, I guess time to return home and rest.
Thank you for blessing me with a safe trip to Bukit Brown.
Overall, it was a great trip and happy to find new things like an abandoned car and a temple. :) Feeling great!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog