Thursday, May 2, 2024

Hiking - Short Night Hunt

Hi Blog,

Something short and random post for today. I've been considering keeping giant millipedes as pets lately. In fact, due to many reasons, I'm considering searching for them on my own.

So I got my torches ready and decided to go for a night hike like last time with ZN (link).
Due to their nocturnal activity, giant millipedes rarely occur during daytime hikes. My personal experience has been limited to only two sightings over several years of hiking.

Let's get ready! I decided to wear back the trisuit, which I don't intend to wear again, and now I should embrace it.
Oooo, it is dark. Hope everything goes on well later.
At night time, no one is around to judge my attire. Perfect!
This time I decided to start at Venus Drive Road. Dark and creepy.
Let the torch shine on my path! Let's see what kind of Animon (animal + Pokemon) I can catch today! Hope to find the rare ones.
Hmm 🤔 I guess that anticipating the unknown and unseen ahead, and hidden potential in the dark can be scary.
At least, I know where to find a dark spot for star glazing in future.
The first and easiest Animon to be caught - Snail 🐌 1* level! UV attack was slightly effective.
One of the most dangerous things that can happen during the night hike is to bump into a scared and "feel that you are a threat" wild boar or any wild animons.
Ah! Hammerhead worm 🪱! One of the 3* Animons! Rare! You rarely find them on the pavement and I think my luck of finding a giant millipede was wasted on this... UV attack is ineffective.
Spotted active ants 🐜 1* burrowing. What a rare sight. UV attack was ineffective too.
Oh my! A frog 🐸 2* leapt toward the light of my torch; perhaps it mistook it for the end of the tunnel.
Under UV light, some plants like ferns will fluoresce.
Oooo! Scorpion 🦂 3* Animon! It fluoresces strongly under UV light, UV attack was effective! Scorpion is easy to spot but rarely visible without daylight.
I went to a spot that was nearby yet somehow felt far away. It was my first visit there. Oh well... Unable to find what I am seeking.
My overall experience of tonight's hike was that I wanted to find a giant millipede at night, but I understand that it is a 3-star animon and is uncommon, always hiding; so I managed my expectations to zero.

Hiking at night poses certain risks, and I was fortunate to be stopped by some external force as I continued deeper. My flashlight's battery capacity was weakening, which could have been problematic. Consider the scenario where the flashlight goes off halfway. In that situation, I'd be left relying on my phone's torch, which is not strong. Additionally, UV light has limited coverage.

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog