Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Hiking - Rainut to Chestnut

Happy Vesak Day Blog,

It has been a long time since I have shared hiking updates. Today being a public holiday, I decided to go hiking no matter what.

It seemed like... Miss Sky had other plans for this morning... But I have to hike!
But where should I hike? I decided to revisit some of the past hikes to refresh my memory there. So I picked Chestnut Nature Park.


My mother expressed concern about my decision to go hiking despite it was about to rain. However, I find solace in sweating and connecting with nature to recharge. Looking out of the west-facing window, there appeared to be a storm...
I observed the overview of how the heavy cloud formed from weather reports... I believed that the rain won't last long, so I proceeded to travel there.
Hmm ðŸĪ” I received a phone call from my auntie because she needed some assistance with some documents that she has trouble with. It was a great way to pass the time while waiting for the rain to stop.
Travelling there will also be another way to pass the time.
Hmm ðŸĪ” ah... It was still raining heavily. Based on the colour of the sky, my current location was going through a subsided phase.
I decided to continue my way to Chestnut...
Now I shall call this, Rainut; as it rained like a nut ðŸĪŠ
Ooo what do you know? The rain had subsided! 😂
Thanks, Miss Sky for lightening the rainut.
Even though there was still a bit of rain, it was a blessing. One of my friends sent me something about the rain which I found the message was meaningful.
The message was "Heavy rains remind us of challenges in life. Never ask for a lighter rain. Just pray for a better umbrella." Personally, I think I will change the third line to "Just ensure we are well prepared for rainy days" because there is no better umbrella.
Familiar bridge which I missed for like years.
It seemed like the drizzling had not stopped and increased? ðŸĪ”
Which way should I go? Left 👈 or right 👉
I tried the left 👈 but nah, that's not the main objective for today.
My main was Chestnut Nature Park 👉 finally got a chance to snap a pic for my trisuit theme.
Hmm... I can roughly predict the ground conditions there.
Everything looks the same from my previous visits
The familiarised tower - not sure whether will I have a chance to snap some pictures up there.
Beautiful spiral structure
It seemed like... I was not alone...
A lady was sitting there enjoying her "rain bath"; I just had a quick snap and left that place.
Hmm ðŸĪ” The rain seemed like it was about to return.
Well, I was ready for the rain 😊 play the song ðŸŽķ "I am singing in the rain" ðŸŽķ
Great to hike when there was nobody around like I was the only weirdo among the whole Singaporeans who chose to do this and I am.
I know it's dangerous, that's where I can see interesting things but not today.
Chestnut Nature Park has a lot of fungus growing compared to other natural parks.
Ah, sincerely thank the person who left these here to keep our shoes dry. Your kindness is greatly appreciated. 🙏🏞
It appears that some trees were removed to make space for new ones. I predict that the landscape will change significantly in a few months.
A big boulder here to mark the zonal divisions of north and south of Chestnut Park.
Love the flat side of the boulder; if it is placed horizontally, it can become a dinner table and pose with it.
South zone of Chestnut
Hope I can find a giant millipede here.
Praying hard that I would bump into it.
It seemed like they really chopped down old trees for new... I wondered why.
I wanted to snap these with my phone for a better quality angle, but it was still raining and troublesome to take out my phone. I am just pure lazy.
Hmm ðŸĪ” weird, how come I don't remember this trail... It looked so unrecognisable.
I don't remember crossing this tree.
Ooo, it seemed like there was a village here before. I wanted to explore further, but I hesitated because the ground was wet. Maybe I will explore when it is drier.
There is some interesting moss growth on its trunk. I hope it will spread.
Honestly, this path seemed longer than I expected but at least, the rain had stopped.
Ah, that cannonball tree started to flower.
Sadly, I can't find any intact flower ðŸŒļ to snap a pic with.
Hmm, I saw a possible walking trail and I went in
It seemed like there is a possible trail which can be explored next time.
Just checked out the opening trail here.
Mr Sun popped out to greet them. Long time no see.
Back to my familiar trail but my foot was sore...
Perhaps due to wet socks and caused inflammation to my outer toes.
But at least, I managed to hike no matter rain or shine.
Hiking at Chestnut has been a refreshing experience for me since Oct 2021. I can't believe I have not come here for three years already! I surely missed this place and I hope. My readers have a good rest during the holiday.

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog