Monday, January 16, 2017

Trip - Rochor Centre Visit

Good evening Blog,

Since Nov 2016 until these dates, I bumped into many of my friends' instagram posts posing infront of four colourful painted HDB flats and I don't even remember there is such HDB flats around in Singapore. Then on this date afternoon, I decided to give a search, and I found it is Rochor Centre (link) and (link) and will be demolished for an expressway sooner.

So I decided to pay a visit to this place right away, because I feel so disappointed of myself
for missing out this unique place which I always passed by unnoticed...

The map of the building
It was used to be a busy trading market place and now...
Weird thing was when I reached there... I don't know the floor of that place.
So when I entered the lift, the floor was already pressed, like as if I was "invited" to go up.
Personal visit to such place was an amazing experience and sight
I was impressed by the beautiful painting style of a HDB.
Be part of the colour
and feel it
ALONE here!
WAH! Playground. I believe in the past, this playground will be a different one.

I pretended to play one of the games which I used to play when I was young.
What game we were playing? Hahahaha Secret!
Unique thing about this flat was shop houses under residents' feet
but now it looked so empty
Walking at the open area, you can see traces of activities like stains, cracks, candle wax, litters & burn marks.
Residents who lived in Rochor Centre, had left bits and pieces of their lives in this place.
You can even heard laughter and chatting while you stood there.
Wait.... checking around.... I am alone!
LET's RUN!!!!!!!
Anyone who is reading this, please visit that place before it demolishes... I will remember this place.

Jeff 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog