Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Hiking - Chestnut Nature Park - Southern Trail Loop

Yawn... Hi Blog,

Today was my off-in-lieu, despite of my tiredness, I decided to suit up and headed for some hike, don't wish to waste time for fat-growth.

Oh? Mr Ked also wanted to join the trip, I guessed we should visit a new place.
I decided to visit Chestnut Nature Park (reference), wondering how it looked like.
You may click here to jump pass my hike straight to Chestnut Nature Park below.

Look at the amount of fat, oh well.
Starting from MacRitchie Nature Park, passing by many Bamboo plants.
On this date, not much visitors while many started working from CNY Break.
We walked to Tree Top Walk and I decided to explore what is the trail looked like,
which is further right up after Tree Top. (map)
Looked empty but great place to chill out.
The stairs at the tree top isn't challenging, as compared to diary farm loop.
Piece of CAKE!
Love to visit a place without visitors! Hahaha!
So that I can take better pictures.
The whole place was mine!
Let's go down. OOPS! there were visitors!
Well maintained stairs. Thank you to whoever maintaining.
Walking across the Mountain Bike trail (map) to Chestnut Nature park.
Ah! Now let's go to ZhengHua Park where nearer to Chestnut Nature Park


Smile exploring new place!
Yes! Zhenghua Park (正華 or 花 park?) haha!
Guess what is this hairy thingy.
Walking under an expressway, lucky it is quite clean.
Have to change direction and made a right turn to a road (map)
Walked under an under-passage (map)
Snap the fat one!
We were getting close to Chestnut. (map)
CHESTNUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (map)
New toilet and resting area at Chestnut Nature Park
okay! :) this is the southern map of Chestnut Nature Park.
I also visited the northern part of Chestnut Nature Park here.
there are two different trails to explore - Yellow is for Hiking trail and Blue is for mountain biker.
hmmmm so... where was the yellow trail?
Chestnut Nature Park Hiking trail seemed new and fresh. Look at it's path.
Two weird pillar structures are built along the path which puzzled me... 
The distance between the danger area and the path is quite close, have to be stayed alert.
oh dear... it seemed like I lost my way. hahaha.
Lucky got map!
Hardly see any visitor around.
but as long as I followed this signal then I will be safe.
Love this grass path, can use it for a video shoot.
At first when I saw the grass path, I thought I had gone to the wrong trail, but this signal assured me.
It is a nice scenery for photo, dont you agree?
This is my first time seeing a wild red fruit!
Many mushrooms found in Chestnut Nature trail. These were a few that worthy to be capture on camera.
BURNING FLAME mushroom.
There were many white mushrooms on ground.
Even on the vertical surface.
Very tiny ones.
And Mom mom size!
After Chestnut Nature Park, Mr Ked decided to walk north up to Woodland by taking random path and it was a Central Catchment Park connector. The distance was quite far.
We reached Mandai by feet - Tired feet!
We had to cover another 3-4 km to Woodland, and finally witnessed civilisation!   
Thumb up for 25 km hike!
okay no time to spare, I want to go HOME!
hmmmmm this one can be used for some meme.
Something is chasing me.
Salute to myself :)
Will visit Chestnut again.

Jeff

1 comment:

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog