Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Design - Dxmxi Dragon Football Logo and Drawing on MS Paint program

Dear Blog,

something random and some achievements I had made.

A teacher asked me for help to design and enhance their current Dxmxi Dragon Football logo.

but I was wondering why is the dragon protecting a cheese ball
Honestly speaking, it was quite impressive especially for those has not used photoshop or other design software to create logo. So I decided to scan through Google for more references on how a dragon in tattoo looks like.

Here is the final result.

I changed the dragon tail to a football stick, as the ball in the center is actually a football ball.
The teacher emailed and summarised for me,
Hi Guys,
attached is the logo that Jeffrey helped to come up with for our floorball team. Dragon protecting the floor ball with its tail as the stick. Very powerful meaning there... hehe... hopefully we can use this design when we print for our future jerseys...
Thanks Jeff!
 Hahaha! Something Google is good :) Best source of reference for me!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another recent work that I did, was using MS Paint to draw something out from there. School wanted me to teach Art club pupils on using Wacom pens to draw, I realised the school has not enough license for photoshop to be installed in each laptop, the only solution is to install MyPaint (one of my recommended free awesome software) but still need to wait for approval from HOD. So I decided to give MS Paint a try.

Initially, I have no good impression on MS Paint (that was back Window 98 ~ 2000) due to its limitation and stiffness of drawing, I won't give a second look to it but in this situation, I have to find a software to teach them, so I opened up MS Paint which is free; Beggar doesn't choose. 

I realised their interface has improved a little, some new things are included so I decided to test it. Most importantly I adjusted my perfectionist mindset and embraced whatever it can offer. And I came out this.

An idea about a T-rex has short arms and can't take any good selfie picture without a selfie stick.
I love how the brush strokes effect (even though it should not be so HARD) but it was testing my mind to think out of the box to get the right colouring and drawing technique. 

Oh well... at least something which I can be proud of myself and learn to make adjustment by lower expectation (to match my likes) onto others/matters to see the another side of beauty of people/matter. 

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog