Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Food - Truffles Potato Chips Hunting

Hi Blog,

Recently I came across a YouTube video about Truffle.


I was recalled that I tasted Truffle Fries before and it has an unique aroma, but afterward it does not leave any deeper interests. Then also I remembered my friend bought Truffle potato chips from Cold Storage and he claimed it is very rare taste for chips.


That video made my mind blowing, after knowing truffle is actually a THING in some part of the world, then I got an urge to taste it again!


I went crazy over it and started my Truffle hunting since Christmas! I visited All supermarkets - NTUC, Sheng Siong, 7-11 or any small stores, I can't find any of them. Disappointed under I went to Cold Storage. I noticed a potato package which somehow struck my peanut brain - The white package, Torres is the one which my friend holding in his hand, saying this is Truffle!

So I began my search in Cold Storage, but not a single Truffle chips on the shelves. So I went online to search for more information. 

Picture credit to patatastorres.com
I found this website (link) which has the picture of the package, which also useful for me to check its ingredients whether is suitable for vegetarian. Hmmmm Potatoes, sunflower oil, salt, dehydrated black summer truffle (T. aestivum Vitt.) and truffle aroma....... okay! it is SAFE!

Then I also came across this blogsite (link) which reviewed about the Torres Truffle Potato Chips. ARGH! TEMPTING!!!!!!! 

I continued reading this IMPORTANT comment from the blog owner's reply.


SERIOUSLY! No wonder I can't find the chips available in Cold Storage! So I tested my Luck at Nex Cold Storage and guess what.  

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FINALLY I GOT YOU!!!!!!!
I opened it after payment! OH my the fragrance of truffle.... OMG! It tastes salty and earthy. Different from Salt and Vinegar. At least a new choice of potato chips added into my taste bud.

I noticed the salt is not fine but big and rough.
Advise: Drink more water after eating this.
Oh yes, I noticed something and I start to doubt... If truffle is so expensive, won't it be expensive to pay for this chips? I looked at the ingredient again.... Hmmm... Truffle Aroma... Not Truffle Oil...


So....... Torres Truffle Potate Chips isn't real truffle, not even has truffle oil... Well.... I think we will just go for the taste - chemical lie to our brain. Hmmmm But to think about it, I can buy Truffle oil if I am really into it. :D too bad, I don't cook fried at all.....

So I will buy one truffle chips once in a month. :D At least I can give a proper closure of my truffle hunting. :)

oh yes! There is a youtuber review about Torres Truffle Potato Chips that you might want to watch.


Now My next hunt is West Coast Truffle Fries by Lays brand!

image credit to abcnews.go.com
Hmmmmm this will be a tough one.

[updated on 28th January 2016, Thursday]
I was craving for truffles chips, so I went down to nex cold storage, and the outcome was...

No truffles chips! 

What....
Only left four different tastes of Torres. So in order to get truffles chips, it is better to test my luck on Wednesday.
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog