Saturday, November 2, 2019

Trip - Thomson Nature Park

Hi Blog,

I heard from Dongsaeng and some of my friends about a new park that has just opened to the public. I guess I should go down and take a look.

Thomson Nature Park
I shall keep it simple so you can enjoy the sceneries there through my pictures.

At the entrance of Thomson nature park, we are greeted by a big map which they are proud of :)
To prevent visitors got lost in the trail, they placed map at junctions in the park
(Credit Jo) I realised there are a lot of such rocks all around SG! :D Time to collect them all!
Thomson Nature park's uniqueness is displaying this Hainan's ruin in the past here.
It is great to see visitors interact with the setting here, at this place, I witnessed some visitors just simply jumping on the log pieces.
Even though the toilet ruin is in the midst of consuming by the flora, the ruin toilet still stands strong, especially to the elderly-visitors, they were talking about the past when they used one of those before.
Feeling taking pictures with the ruin, is kind of cool but... the mosquitoes do not like visitors though... and a lot of visitors throw me a weird expression...
While walking along the path, it seemed like a forgotten structure stood within the wood, preserving its memory of the past
A slope spotted and it was actually a stretch of long drainage for the villagers to hmmm I don't know what they did to this drainage.
(Credit jo) Do you see the soil in between the two paths? It is a coverup since the drainage was not functioning anymore.
There are some very interesting ruin structures which I am so wanted to be part of it (in the pic) but... I just felt a bit shameless to be part of such beautiful scenes, as I am not model-worthy enough... just some personal-inner struggle...
Government/NEA did a good job to keep the pavement safe for visitors to walk on
Interesting structure which gives me a chill in my bone that it still stands strong here.
Spot a big tree. :) It seemed like it has many things to share with me, the past-happening which it had witnessed.
Giant well spotted
have you noticed the path is divided clearly?
Credit the park cleaners who are maintaining the tidiness of the park
Some structures are hidden within the wood, you need to open your eyes to spot them
New park means more curious visitors like me. As usual that I got too many stares... For dressing indecently and being a sore-eye...
Oh well... I can't care much, I just want to feel comfortable. So sorry for being an eye-sore... Anyway, back to topic, here is one of the beautiful ruins in the park.
I feel like a tomb raider (as I played the game before and love the feeling of exploring the beautiful ruins in the game) anyway, let's go in deeper.
Why so? From the exterior, everything still well intact.
Let's show you the interior.
When I said well intact, just check out the tiles on the floor. I have to thankful to two people here - either the cleaners in the park or some explorers who cleared the path, if not, I won't able to see those tiles.
What a big house that time. Must be some wealthy people who stayed here before.
Just look at how nature taking over the place
Toilet still stays
A closer look at the unique tile which no one is using or producing it anymore
I had to leave this place asap, I had become buffet for the mosquitoes and sand flies, like as if they were trying to tell me to go away, eye sore.
Before I go, let me take this last picture of these discarded tiles.
Beautiful wall though but maybe I shall keep it clean (without ugly in the pic) for now
An empty well spotted, lucky not for mosquito-breeding ground
As you walk along this park, I learned that before they decided to make it as Thomson Nature Park, this pavement is there already. Meaning, I could have explored this place earlier on. Anyway...
Did you see this?
Ahhh... Before they poured the cement on the ground, they used bricks to build its foundation!
Yes. As what uncle J told me before, he lived/visited this Hainan Village before.
The map when the village was before. What a small community.
If you have some time, do visit this park. It is advisable to visit it during the day; not night time because there is no street light so might get lost in there and... You will be sucked dry by mosquitoes! You had been warned!
Very interesting and unique park, as compared to other parks which offer some common features. This one has history on its badge. :)

After a year later, I revisited Thomson Nature Park here. You may want to take a look what happened after a year to this newly opened park.

Jeff

3 comments:

  1. You take very good photos. So interesting that SG still have ruins. Really an eye opener. Wonder if it's hard to go by public transport?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words
      Yes it is interesting to know sg still has such amazing stuff.
      The transportation there is rather convenient, you can click Thomson Nature Park
      Upper Thomson Rd
      1800 471 7300
      https://maps.app.goo.gl/iwLmbyZekcUgXaNw5 for direction. :)

      Delete

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog