Friday, October 18, 2019

Trip - Singapore Maritime Gallery

Hi Blog,

I realised that sailing out to ST John timing starts rather late during weekday since I was early, I noticed there is a gallery on the 2nd floor - Singapore Maritime Gallery and it is FREE admission. What a great way to spend some time there while waiting.

Welcome to Singapore Maritime Gallery
Shall we check it out? Let's GO!
It will only start operation at 9am so have to count down the time
A friendly staff welcomed us and explained to us about the walkthrough of this gallery
A sitting counter perfect for chilling
Reading time :)
Just follow the section to section, but you need to exit by walking back where we started. he also warned us not to take pictures with flash to preserve the artifacts.
Before we continued to explore, the staff gave us a paper souvenir of a lighthouse. (honestly, I will hope for a more complex one) hahaha
This is an important statement from Mr Lee.
It was great to spend a good time visiting a quiet museum
Empty place...
Those broken vases really aged and the only remaining left
Just like a living, whoever treasured us, whatever remains, is just a few memory shard of us.
After knowing that Singapore was actually visited for many times from different countries to trade. This section is about some measurements were deployed for successful and safe trading in Singapore.
It seemed like journey between Malacca strait to Singapore and Singapore Strait to East have a few lighthouses to ensure safety!
Pulau Pisang Lighthouse (google map)
Horsburgh Lighthouse (google map)
Raffles Lighthouse (google map) - try to read one of the reviewers, she claimed there will have such trip to go to the lighthouse. (invited only) Hope I can go there.
Bedok Lighthouse (google map) - I didn't know we have a lighthouse and hidden. haha
Sultan Shoal Lighthouse (google map)
Hmm... when I am at an empty space... I will...
(Credit Jo) A series of pictures session XD
After lighthouse session, we were moving to big ship section
Those humble, gigantic cargo ships play an important role in Singapore economy
Beautiful artwork here.
Just check those out. Amazing.
You can try to play simulation game here :) Try to experience how to be a ship captain. Quite fun!
A kid corner for them to have some activity. Hmm... really hope to see more "effort/creative juice" for this section in future.
A library corner where we can chill and accompany with a good seaview.
OOPS! My ferry is arriving! Time to exit this place. I will be back again whenever I am here to visit the island. See you!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog