Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Product - Blackview BV9500 Pro

Hi Blog,

Finally... After three-four months of waiting for a crowdfunding campaign (indiegogo) to deliver their registered projects. I have tried funding in Kickstarter before, and now Indiegogo... Believe me the feeling of hanging for completion of project and money had been "paid" (the right word is funded), can cause anxiety especially the shipping date was being push backward, project owner didn't reply/ignore, and floods of uncertainty comments.

Anyway... I choose to wait patiently for the product to arrive since I chose to support their project, then I should not complain. At least, the day had come when I stood in front of this POPStation, eager to hold that product!
What project was I supposing this time? Make a guess!

It was a big...
heavy...
bulky product. I got the product together with my sister.
And... I funded a handphone!

Blackview BV9500 Pro: Most Amazing and Uncrackable Handphone. They came in two boxes - one is a phone package and another one is... hmm... unknown!
Why do I need a phone? Don't I get a new and latest iPhone instead? I must say... I have my iPhone SE for years and hoping to update to a newer and bigger phone, but I can't afford an expensive apple for the moment. Plus latest iPhone doesn't impress me than its pricing.

Then I bumped to this crowdfunding project randomly, it was Blackview BV9500 Pro. You can click here to read more. I won't repeat whatever they had explained in their main page, but to go into my personal review and reasons of supporting it.

Promotion Video of BV9500 Pro
Reasons:
- I always like a solid and rugged phone. Nowadays handphones are rather fragile.
- It can be used in water! But... many people claimed theirs can too, so why am I wasting money?
- I am very impressed how rugged it can be through their promotion videos and live tests. Oh well... Some claimed it is fake.
- It is rather affordable to give it a try, but it hurt my wallet these days...
- Anyway, I feel I should give myself a chance to try a Android phone.

Below are some test videos which impressed me.

Ice and Fire Extreme Temperature Test
High-intensity test
Drop Test
Impressive, right? Let's unbox it!

Look at the design of the box. It is a brick of wall! They are really serious in their ruggedness.
Let's check what are inside the boxes. My mother was excited to check it out too before I could finish filming.
Oh man! It is a really solid, heavy and bulky phone.
Lets check the phone. Hmmm... looks like I am holding a brick.
A free screen cover
The charger - I think I will reuse the plug which we use in SG.
Some expert reviewer video for better view
So what do they have in another box? OOOO! Wireless charger! Nice!
Inside the box, they also come with a free arm band for the phone.
Compare the size of the phone that I have. The screen is so big!
But there are some annoying issues after using for less than a day. The PTT button for the antenna function is a bit too rigid - Not everyone will be using the antenna or that particular feature, so they should allow users to customise that button.
When there are Pros, there will also come with Cons.

Here are some of the Cons which I feel personally and I also include some tips to resolve that issue.
- Due to it's ruggedness, it won't come with great camera. I researched (link), they suggest Opencamera and works way better!
- That PTT button. If you didn't disable it, it can get annoying. Here is the method to disable it. (link) To turn off the PTT button on the BV9500 PRO. Step 1 go to settings , system, about phone , tap build number 5 times to enable developer options . Step 2 go back to system , select developer option , go to the bottom under Apps select background check and deselect intercom. Done! ALL credit goes to Juan M. Romero.
- initially, you won't know what is the lower-right button for and whether you click it, it has no response at all. How I wish I can customize that button to personal preference. It is known as a function key. You can change it by settings, smart assistant then short cut buttons. Hope it helps.
- It is heavier and bulkier than other handphones in the market. Kind of turn-off for most people, but I am okay :)
- Lastly, if this phone spoils, where or how I can sen for repair?


Here are some YouTubers' review. Do check it out, as they have better and detailed review.
Overall, I love this BV9500 Pro and the only down side is the unfamiliar to Android setting and lost of game/user data on my iPhone. I guess I will have to learn :)

If anyone is interested to buy one rugged phone, try this page.

=====================================

Updated on 5th Nov 2018
Uncle E sent me a link for any repair service for Blackview in Singapore. So thoughtful of him.

and because of my Tempered glass got broken due to some test... Here is the link to purchase a new tempered glass. Hope it helps.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take note that this blogspot doesn't have comment-notification alert, so if you have a question, please leave me your email so I can reply back.

if not, don't be shy to drop me your comment/feedback on my posts or follow my blog